Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #101
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Looking like The Galaxy Fold is completely cancelled now.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:14 AM   #102
Edward64
Head Coach

Pretty much decided not to upgrade our iPhones this year and wait till 2020 model with 5G and no-Lightning (and hopefully no fugly notch).

Kids and wife have a 7x, I'm on 8 Plus.

I'm the one that likes getting the newer stuff but rest of family are pretty content with their 3+ year old phones. I'm glad there are now cheaper-but-solid versions of the premium phones and hope that trend continues.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #103
Edward64
Head Coach

I bought a Redmi (Xiaomi) Note 7 overseas as my "beater" phone. Not sure I like MIUI overlay but can't beat it for $150.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:39 AM   #104
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I've been using a Huawei P20 Pro for the last year and it has been great. I'm 100% sure that the Chinese government knows everything about me now, but also about 50% sure they already did, and like 80% sure I don't care either way.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:57 PM   #105
Edward64
Head Coach

I am more and more less of an iPhone fanboy but this looks interesting. It'll probably cost $$$$ whereas Samsung's version will by then cost only $$

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#60f228073927
Quote:
Spotted by the eagle-eyed folks at Patently Apple, Apple has published a flurry of new information about its so-called iPhone Fold with the US Patent and Trademark Office. And it’s unlike any iPhone you’ve ever seen.

Dropping its typically coy approach to future products, Apple has applied en masse for patents for a folding ‘electronic device’ which cover the technology behind the flexible display, control circuitry, hinge and new pressure sensors.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:38 PM   #106
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't understand the iPhone 11 popularity. If our family were to upgrade our iPhones, it would be next year.

Tons of sources now say that iPhone 11 preorders are crushing it – BGR
Quote:
An insider familiar with Apple’s supply chain said in a note to clients earlier this week that iPhone 11 preorders were off to a good start, just as we noted that most iPhone 11 Pro versions were sold out, as were several of the new iPhone 11 color options. It took Apple less than three days to run out of stock of some models, offering delivery estimates of up to three weeks for some of them. But Ming-Chi Kuo isn’t the only analyst who observed a significant sales improvement during the preorder period.
:
:
Kuo revised his iPhone 11 shipping estimates to between 70 million and 75 million units in 2019, up from his earlier 65 million to 70 million forecast.

As Reuters explains, several Wall Street analysts also said on Monday that iPhone 11 sales have gotten off to a better start than their predecessors.

Chinese e-commerce site JD.com revealed on Saturday that day one preorders jumped 480% compared to the same time last year, with the top three most popular versions being the Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro, and the Black and Purple iPhone 11.

Alibaba’s Tmall platform registered iPhone 11 sales 335% higher on day one compared to iPhone XR presales last year, Chinese media outlet Yicai said.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:50 AM   #107
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I didn’t think I had that fear of holes thing but the triple camera on the back of the Pro is semi terrifying.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:26 AM   #108
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds like a bunch of typical Apple propaganda IMO. I doubt you will see huge lines tomorrow waiting on the new iphone. Apple has a history of having less than expected demand available so they can make customers wait and talk about how these new phones are so popular they are on backorder. Nothing seems different this year than the past 3-4 years. Apple launch days have steadily decreased in importance.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #109
Butter
Coordinator

I don't know, if there's one country's media I trust, it's China.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #110
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I don't understand the iPhone 11 popularity. If our family were to upgrade our iPhones, it would be next year.

Yes, all of the rumors seem to indicate that Apple is going to try for something crazy next year. Some suggesting using micro-LED screens (I think that's a year or two too early at least). Some suggesting full screen models with the camera under the screen (Samsung is also working on this). And others suggesting finally getting USB-C next year (or just completely wireless charging, which would be a terrible idea).

All the while, I'm just looking forward to mid-October because the Pixel 4xl looks pretty awesome.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #111
Edward64
Head Coach

The duo looks pretty interesting to me. Would have to consider it assuming its reasonably priced next year.

Microsoft Doubles Down With Dual Screen Surface Neo and Surface Duo - Design Milk
Quote:
The Surface Duo is also a dual screen mobile device, but one scaled down to fit into the pocket. Unlike the still very-much-in-beta, dual screen phones from the likes of Samsung, the Surface Duo merges two 5.6-inch screens with a visible, but handsomely executed with a hardware hinge. Unfolded, the two screens convert into an 8.3 inch tablet form factor, all without the concerns of a delicate seam. The Duo also operates on Windows 10X and Android, with Surface Pen compatibility baked in.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:50 PM   #112
Edward64
Head Coach

My son's iPhone 7 died so he got a Samsung S10e. He pretty happy with it and first of the family to get an Android (besides my cheap Redmi for international travels).

I've got an 8 Plus and waiting to see the next iPhone to see if it has USB-C charging and 5G. If they don't have those features for the cheaper iPhone version, I think I'll go Android also.

I just don't see myself spending $900+ on cell phones.

Anyone planning on getting a new phone this year and what are you looking forward to?
Old 02-21-2020, 08:17 PM   #113
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

I don't get it either. Thankfully, I've always been behind on cell phone technology so I've never gotten used to one of the 'flagship devices'.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:35 PM   #114
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
My son's iPhone 7 died so he got a Samsung S10e. He pretty happy with it and first of the family to get an Android (besides my cheap Redmi for international travels).

I've got an 8 Plus and waiting to see the next iPhone to see if it has USB-C charging and 5G. If they don't have those features for the cheaper iPhone version, I think I'll go Android also.

Anyone planning on getting a new phone this year and what are you looking forward to?

Just make the move to Android. The water is warm.

I've had an S9 for the past 2 years. It works great but I almost immediately regretted not getting the plus version.

No real need to upgrade but I've been looking at those Note devices.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #115
Edward64
Head Coach

I have to say the forthcoming iPhone 9 is pretty underwhelming. Cheap and guess it fits it purpose in better competing on the low-end but sheesh, who wants to be carrying around a phone that looks so 2017.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:33 AM   #116
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have to say the forthcoming iPhone 9 is pretty underwhelming. Cheap and guess it fits it purpose in better competing on the low-end but sheesh, who wants to be carrying around a phone that looks so 2017.

Eh? It's $400. With an A14 processor. I bet it'll sell like hotcakes. And I'm generally not a big Apple fan.

And there are quite a few folks who still have their iPhone 8s, so I don't think it's that big a deal.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #117
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Eh? It's $400. With an A14 processor. I bet it'll sell like hotcakes. And I'm generally not a big Apple fan.

And there are quite a few folks who still have their iPhone 8s, so I don't think it's that big a deal.

I've got an 8 plus and am self-conscious whipping it out because it looks so archaic.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-06-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #118
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've got an 8 plus and am self-conscious whipping it out because it looks so archaic.

You are joking, right?
If you are self conscious because you have taken care of a tool you use and it still works and you are mature and disciplined enough to not be peer pressured into throwing money away to impress others, then you are so royally fucked it doesnt matter what phone you carry.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #119
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I mean people made fun of the Pixel 4 (XL) because of its forehead because it looked like it was from 2018. I love my phone and don't care what others think of it.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #120
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
You are joking, right?
If you are self conscious because you have taken care of a tool you use and it still works and you are mature and disciplined enough to not be peer pressured into throwing money away to impress others, then you are so royally fucked it doesnt matter what phone you carry.

True, have to admit it. Everyone has their vices. I'm not trying to keep up with the Jones in cars or house but I would like a somewhat modern looking work tool.

Especially since even cheap $200 android phones have minimal bezel.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:26 AM   #121
Edward64
Head Coach

Looks like the iPhone 9 has gotten pretty good reviews and the smart bet is that it'll do well.

Still not for me, I'll wait for the lower end iPhone 12 with almost full bezel, smaller notch, 5G and hopefully USB-C (but this last one has been disputed recently).

My son has broken away from the Apple ecosystem gone to Android. We are using whatsapp for our cross platform messaging now so by Nov the new Pixel and likely lower end S20 model will be in the mix for me.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:43 AM   #122
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I'm not a fan of Apple's ecosystem but that new SE looks like really good bang for the buck. My plan is up this fall and if I decide to upgrade I'll have to give it serious consideration.

Also under consideration is just sticking with my Huawei P20 Pro for another year or two. It has no issues running anything I have wanted to and the battery is still fantastic. Only reasons I am considering moving on are that I cracked the screen in the bottom corner, and the whole Huawei thing.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 05-04-2020, 11:20 AM   #123
miami_fan
Coordinator

Why is the upgrade to the IPhone X more expensive than the one for the IPhone 11?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:44 AM   #124
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Seeing this bumped (sorry miami_fan, I can't answer your question) I had forgotten about my post from late-April.

My plan to keep the Huawei for the foreseeable future went out he window on the weekend when my phone slid off the couch and destroyed the screen. It actually broke in an interesting way, first some bands of weird colours appeared down the right side, and then a black 'spot' appeared, and that spot slowly grew over the course of several hours to envelope the entirety of the display. Haven't seen that one before.

Anyways, that meant I had to start looking for something. The SE was a contender but as I perused the Android landscape I started to think I might try to wait for the Pixel 4a that is supposed to come out later this month. But then I poked around on the upgrade device page from my carrier and saw that the Pixel 3a was being heavily discounted (not surprisingly) and so I pulled the trigger on that.

It has to ship out to me so I'm not sure when I'll actually get it, hopefully sometime this week. I'll report back here with my thoughts when I do receive it.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:56 AM   #125
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Everyone I know that has it really likes the 3a. I have the 4XL and it's been my favorite phone (though I wish the battery was a bit bigger, it'll easily get me through a day with plenty of screen on time).
Old 05-05-2020, 09:31 PM   #126
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Life back.
Get a MasterCard.
Pay for cell phone bill with MasterCard on autostart.
Free warranty or replacement for damage 1 time per line per year.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:33 AM   #127
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Life back.
Get a MasterCard.

Wow I did not know this was a thing. Cool tip! Unfortunately my mastercard doesn't have this coverage, but some of them up here do. Will be something to consider next time I'm choosing a card.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:14 PM   #128
Edward64
Head Coach

More info on the Duo.

Surface Duo full specs leaked — and there are some fascinating details | Laptop Mag
Quote:
According to Windows Central, citing unnamed sources, the Surface Duo will ship with a Snapdragon 855 SoC, 6GB of RAM and either 64GB or 256GB of storage. There will be a single 11-megapixel sensor above the right display for selfies and world-facing photos and videos.

The two 5.6-inch displays are supposedly OLED and have a pixel density of 401ppi (pixels per inch). Those pixels will test the 3,460mAh battery, which is smaller than the 4,000mAh battery in the single-screen Samsung Galaxy S20.

We hope Microsoft worked some magic with power efficiency so the Surface Duo can last through an entire day. if it doesn't, you can at least charge it back up using its USB-C fast-charging port. Test units don't support wireless charging or NFC, but that could change when the production versions roll off the floor.

The Surface Duo will ship with Android 10 but will be updated to Android 11 soon after. As expected, it will come with a suite of pre-installed windows apps that will work across both panels.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:51 PM   #129
Ironhead
College Prospect

I bought a decent Pixel phone for my wife for Christmas from a reputable online electronics store. Everything was great up until July 1st when the phone just wouldn't boot any more. Since then the process to get it fixed or replaced under the 1 year warranty with Google has been less than ideal.

I haven't had an issue with a cell phone before and this was the first time I bought an unlocked phone. My question for the board - is the process of getting an unlocked phone replaced uniquely this convoluted or would I more of less be experiencing the same thing if I had purchased it directly from the cell phone carrier?

July 1st - phone won't boot. Read online that it is a common issue with the phone that can't be fixed. Talked to Google Support who confirmed that it needs to be physically examined by a technician. However, they suggested I double check with the retailer first to confirm whether the retailer can provide any expedited warranty service. Inquiry sent to retailer.

July 3rd - retailer confirms there is nothing special they can do and that it needs to be handled through Google. Google suggests I mail the phone to one of their local repair affiliates for service.

July 4th - left phone at UPS pickup location to be sent to Google's local repair affiliate

July 6th - phone is picked up by UPS

July 7th - phone is received by Google's local repair affiliate

July 8th - local repair affiliate says they think the motherboard has likely gone bad (or something else major) and that it likely makes more sense to replace the phone rather than repair it which they said I will need to do directly with Google.

July 9th - I speak to Google and they seem confused by the fact that their local repair affiliate did nothing with the phone. They request that I mail it to them directly for repair. I put in a formal request with Google to have the phone repaired or replaced.

July 11th- phone is received back from the local repair store

July 13th - Google ships out the suggested packaging materials to send in the phonee

July 14th - Packaging materials received from Google. Phone packaged up and left in FedEx drop box. ETA on when we are expected to hear something next from Google is expected to be up to 10 business days.

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-15-2020 at 04:54 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 04:55 PM   #130
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I haven't had much satisfaction with carriers myself, but I wonder if a carrier would allow you trade your phone for a functional one easier.

(FWIW, I have a Pixel as well - a 4XL - and I've heard people have various different experiences with Google when dealing with an issue. Sorry to hear you are having a bad experience)

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-15-2020 at 04:56 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:01 PM   #131
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Life back.
Get a MasterCard.

Credit cards have all sorts of NAC (No Added Charge) insurance and non-insurance benefits. My old company underwrites the MC program and I handled the regulatory/operational legal pieces the past 5 years before I left the company. Extraordinarily complicated regulatory hoops to jump through to be able to do these types of programs.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:48 PM   #132
Ironhead
College Prospect

Aaaaaaaaand here we go. Google stating that the phone's issue is due to "liquid damage" which would void the warranty. There definitely has been no liquid damage and nothing was mentioned about such damage when the phone was sent to their local repair partner. I will fight it but I don't see myself buying Google products again.

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-18-2020 at 01:48 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:18 PM   #133
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Whaaaaaat?

The Pixel 4 is advertised as IP68 water resistant guaranteed at 3meters for 30 minutes
Old 08-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #134
Edward64
Head Coach

I was excited about the Duo but not at a $1,400 price point.

An "engineering marvel" re: look and feel, and form factor at about 5min pt. The bezels are too think for my tastes. Will wait for next iteration.

Still mulling Surface Duo? Check out Dave Lee's hands-on overview. | Windows Central
https://youtu.be/9mRxyH0RWuQ
Old 08-23-2020, 12:03 PM   #135
Dreghorn2
n00b

Quote:
Whaaaaaat?

The Pixel 4 is advertised as IP68 water resistant guaranteed at 3meters for 30 minutes

Well it isn't.

Dropped mine in our pool a week ago, fell to a depth of about a foot (one of the steps) and was underwater for no more than 30 seconds (at most), worked for two hours then died.

All attempts at reviving it failed.

I really liked the phone but damn, don't advertise what you aren't.
Dreghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:56 PM   #136
Edward64
Head Coach

Rumors has Pixel 4a 5G with a 6.1 or 6.2 screen at $499. I am seriously considering moving to Android this year (son has already migrated to Samsung S10, wife and daughter will likely get iPhone 12 later this year) and was reading up on Google Fi.

We have T-Mobile 4 for $25 each. We were on the $40 unlimited plan but downgraded with a recent deal (we lost Netflix and think the international data piece). Google Fi is $20 plus $10/GB.

I am intrigued by Google Fi but don't really see a reason to leave T-Mobile if/when I change over later this year.

Does anyone here do Google Fi and why?
Old 08-25-2020, 10:42 AM   #137
Atocep
Coordinator

With T-Mobile buying out Sprint and taking over their network we switched over from Verizon and got 3 new phones and $40 off what we were paying Verizon. New iphones for the wife and kid and I got the Note 20 ultra.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #138
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Maybe they're better now, but Tmobile and Sprint were terrible when I had both before. Their 100/4 lines bundle is what I pay for Cricket(on ATT) but I do think having (probably) a higher priority would be better on Tmo. Sometimes Cricket crawls and it's obviously intentional.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:36 PM   #139
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Somebody check me on something (not quite phones but close enough that I think this thread makes sense).

Got a new tablet at the local at&t store a couple wknds ago.
Got home, it kept saying something about "sim card not activated" or to that effect, impact being that I couldn't connect to wireless service.

Finally got around to calling customer service to inquire further, and discovered that the sim card in the tablet was assigned to another customer / account. (They've shipped me a new sim card which arrived today).

The "check me" part is this: there's literally NO way that could happen if this tablet was indeed truly factory new, right? I mean, this pretty much HAS to be a returned item ... right?
Old 08-25-2020, 05:32 PM   #140
Kodos
Resident Alien

Seems to be a logical conclusion to me.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:54 PM   #141
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Maybe they're better now, but Tmobile and Sprint were terrible when I had both before. Their 100/4 lines bundle is what I pay for Cricket(on ATT) but I do think having (probably) a higher priority would be better on Tmo. Sometimes Cricket crawls and it's obviously intentional.

No one is really all that great in Washington, to be honest. Post merger coverage in the state is: Verizon 70%, ATT 68%, TMobile 62%.

So far the signal is more or less the same where we live with just a slight drop in signal in our basement, but T-Mobile has much better Wifi calling support so no big deal there. I had either 1 bar or no signal at work and I'm quarantined and can't test it for myself, but people with TMobile seem have decent signal.

All 3 of us were due for new phones and the difference between what we have with TMobile and Verizon while paying for 3 phones is about $100 a month.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:38 PM   #142
Edward64
Head Coach

iPhone 12 info and pricing.

5G is a plus. At one time rumors said notch was going to be smaller but more recent rumors said still the same. Still the damn lightning connector.

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/mf...0-80.jpeg.webp
Old 09-08-2020, 09:10 PM   #143
Edward64
Head Coach

Pixel 5 and 4a 5G will be released Sept 25. There was speculation that Apple would announce the iPhone 12 on Sep 15 but that seemingly has been pushed back to tbd.

I'm targeting the 4a 5G for $499 (6.2") or the iPhone 12 max (6.1") for $749. Bigger is better for me (eyes are going bad) but the iPhone Pro 12 max (6.7") going to be $1,000+ and I won't spend that money. My company does help subsidize phones with a 2 year commitment so there's that.

Quote:
We know that the Google Pixel 5 release date is this fall, and a new leak suggests that it’s coming at the end of September.

An internal document spotted by Teckcheck (via GSMArena) from telecoms carrier Vodafone has the Pixel 5 tipped to arrive in German stores on September 25. That would suggest that a launch event could be imminent and that the release of Google’s next flagship phone is merely a couple of weeks away.

The document also has the Pixel 4a 5G pegged to be released on the same day.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:32 PM   #144
Edward64
Head Coach

So, is anyone excited about this year's crop of smart phones?

I haven't read much that I'm excited about other than 5G on iPhones (LIDAR looks cool but not worth the premium to me) and lower priced-but-pretty-good Google-Samsung models.

FWIW, checked a couple sites and my 8 plus has trade-in value. $200 from Best Buy, T-Mobile $161, Google $154, and $350 from Samsung,
Old 10-03-2020, 07:56 AM   #145
Edward64
Head Coach

The 2020 line of Pixel phones are out. The 5, 4a, and 4a 5G.

Leaning towards the 4a 5G as it's got a bigger screen and is at $499. The 5 is at $699 which is overpriced IMO. Waiting for the iPhone 12 announcements & pricing and then the BF sales where I'm guessing pixel prices will drop by at least $50-$100.

Google Pixel 5 vs Pixel 4a 5G vs Pixel 4a: Which should you buy? - Android Authority
Quote:
We finally have eyes on Google’s entire 2020 smartphone lineup with the launch of the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G. Google forewent the traditional flagship this year, with the two joining the Pixel 4a to dominate the mid-range category. So while these aren’t as powerful as phones like the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, you don’t have to worry about thousand dollar price tags either. But which Pixel is the one for you? We take a quick look at the Pixel 5 vs Pixel 4a 5G vs Pixel 4a!
Old 10-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #146
chesapeake
College Starter

The wife and I bought new 4a's 3 weeks ago. No complaints.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:14 PM   #147
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My wife absolutely loves her 3a. A Pixel might be my next phone when I give up my Note.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:22 PM   #148
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I have the 4XL. I really like it. The 5 looks good, but as I always counsel people, wait until Black Friday - I got my 4XL for $200 less a mere 1.5 months after it was announced.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:07 PM   #149
Izulde
Head Coach

I'll probably stay in the iPhone ecosystem but might finally look to upgrade my 7 Plus whenever the 6.7" 12 comes out.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:52 PM   #150
Edward64
Head Coach

T-Mobile is offering $415 for my 8 Plus when preordering the 12. But this is over 30 month credits.

I don't plan to leave T-Mobile anytime soon so $800 - $415 = $385 for a new 12. Add another approx $50 for 128GB version.

Can't compare T-Mobile Pixel deals yet as there is no info up yet. Don't know what's taking so long.