Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2017, 07:15 AM   #1
Suicane75
Coordinator

Two Very Important Questions

1. If I go to Chic-Fil-A and say I'd like that sandwich dry and without cheese, will they do that? I've only ever ordered their nuggets and for some reason I have this sense that they don't do custom orders. I'm getting a soup nazi vibe.

2. Is acceptable to put tuna on the bread and then just a layer of mayo on top of it? I've always mixed the tuna and mayo first, cause that's just how it was supposed to be done. But having just seen it done the way I described, well, my whole world view is a little upside down at the moment.

Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:22 AM   #2
digamma
Torchbearer

Chick Fil A doesn't put cheese on their sandwiches. Bread, pickle, chicken. (At least on the fried version.)

Last edited by digamma : 06-15-2017 at 07:22 AM.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:31 AM   #3
Suicane75
Coordinator

Grilled club comes with cheese.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:32 AM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

I don't see why t would be an issue (Don't eat at Chick-Fil A)

On the second one, ugh....no But I don't even mix mayo with my Tuna as I hate it. I always mix my Tuna with a spoon of Greek yogurt, a squirt of mustard, relish and some minced onion. Then put it on the bread.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:58 AM   #5
Butter
Coordinator

Chick-Fil-A is all about the custom orders. Will they get it right? That's a different question entirely.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #6
spleen1015
Coordinator

1. I get their spicy chicken sandwich with pickles & pepperjack all the time. You're fine with a custom order.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #7
Drake
assmaster

1) Yes
2) No
2a) It's not even fucking remotely ok. Somebody should be slapped. Wars have been fought over less.
2b) I just recently started putting slices of colby jack on tuna sandwiches. I used to just mix in shredded cheese. That's as edgy as I get with tuna.

Last edited by Drake : 06-15-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #8
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah with my "watch the salt" diet these days, most restaurants are used to custom orders. I get french fries there and most places like Five Guys with no salt, and they have no problem doing it
Old 06-15-2017, 09:41 AM   #9
heybrad
Norm!!!

My daughter used to work at Chik-Fil-A. They'll do just about any custom order. Whether they get it right depends on how well the particular location is run.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:51 AM   #10
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'm sure it will be their pleasure.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Never had any problems with a custom order at CFA. And I'm a custom order kinda guy.

The tuna thing you mentioned tho, that's kinda sketchy. I appreciate it from the laziness standpoint but food-wise, seems like a real reach.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #12
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

1. Yes. The main sandwich doesn't come with cheese and they'll do custom orders.
2. Sure. No issues there.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #13
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Look, if you think you can just spread out flaked tuna on a mayo-filled slice of bread, your issues are larger than just social mores. The reason man mixes the mayo and the tuna is because a proper tuna sandwich requires celery, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, parsley, whole-grain mustard and lemon juice, but (and here's the key) in small enough quantities that it is inefficient to try to layer all that shit on a sandwich. For, I don't know, 2 cups of tuna/mayo, you need just a teaspoon or so of mustard. If you're just laying shit on the bread, are you going to be good and measure out the mustard on the tip of your knife? No, you're going to squeeze out a bead of mustard all along the sandwich, or god forbid make a whole circle, and that's too much god damn mustard. Same thing with the celery. You need to chop that shit fine so you aren't scraping celery fibers out of your teeth, and if you've committed to that, then just make the damn salad anyway. We haven't even discussed the possibility of boosting the umami content with anchovy paste or Worcestershire sauce and believe you me, that's something you want to moderate over every bite of three or four sandwiches there, not just throw on and HOPE that you're evenly dividing it.

Look, I understand the allure. It's like you saw a hot chick over there and you wonder, "Why go to all the trouble of meeting a nice girl, when this woman is right here and clearly wants it? Why am I saving myself?" I am just telling you now, flaked tuna laid on a bed of mayo is the chlamydia-ridden whore of the sandwich world.

Last edited by Shkspr : 06-15-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #14
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
Look, if you think you can just spread out flaked tuna on a mayo-filled slice of bread, your issues are larger than just social mores. The reason man mixes the mayo and the tuna is because a proper tuna sandwich requires celery, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, parsley, whole-grain mustard and lemon juice, but (and here's the key) in small enough quantities that it is inefficient to try to layer all that shit on a sandwich. For, I don't know, 2 cups of tuna/mayo, you need just a teaspoon or so of mustard. If you're just laying shit on the bread, are you going to be good and measure out the mustard on the tip of your knife? No, you're going to squeeze out a bead of mustard all along the sandwich, or god forbid make a whole circle, and that's too much god damn mustard. Same thing with the celery. You need to chop that shit fine so you aren't scraping celery fibers out of your teeth, and if you've committed to that, then just make the damn salad anyway. We haven't even discussed the possibility of boosting the umami content with anchovy paste or Worcestershire sauce and believe you me, that's something you want to moderate over every bite of three or four sandwiches there, not just throw on and HOPE that you're evenly dividing it.

Look, I understand the allure. It's like you saw a hot chick over there and you wonder, "Why go to all the trouble of meeting a nice girl, when this woman is right here and clearly wants it? Why am I saving myself?" I am just telling you now, flaked tuna laid on a bed of mayo is the chlamydia-ridden whore of the sandwich world.

Who da fuq puts MUSTARD in tuna salad? For that matter, who intentionally puts filler like celery in it either?
Old 06-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #15
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Mustard on fish sandwiches is almost required.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #16
Suicane75
Coordinator

I thought the only people who put all that extra stuff in tuna were the aged and criminally insane.

I guess I just like things simple.

Tuna Salad= Tuna, noodles, mayo
Potato Salad= Potato, mayo, egg, bacon

I have never been, and have never will be, a relish/mustard/celery/anything else kind of guy.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #17
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Mayo based potato salad is the creation of the devil.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #18
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post

Noodles?
Old 06-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #19
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I've gone to Chick-Fil-A just to get a chicken sandwhich by itself. I order it with no lettuce and no tomato (deluxe) and they always get it right. The kicker is they actually discount it $.15 each for not having tomato or lettuce, so it even costs 30 cents cheaper. I think you will be ok
Old 06-15-2017, 02:54 PM   #20
Drake
assmaster

Jebus. Clearly we need to self-sort by ingredient identity group before this conversation can continue.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:08 PM   #21
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Noodles?

Yeah, I use Rigatoni. A few Noddles, and a lot of tuna. I've been chastised for calling this Tuna salad by people. You're right, there's a clear divide in this country and we need to sort this shit out. I'm sorry I opened this can of worms.

And thanks for the Chic-Fil-A insight, I don't know why it was in my head that wouldn't custom order.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:16 PM   #22
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Mayo based potato salad is the creation of the devil.

No, it's the good kind.

That other stuff is what you have to endure when there's people with no taste to feed.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #23
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought the only people who put all that extra stuff in tuna were the aged and criminally insane.

I guess I just like things simple.

Potato Salad= Potato, mayo, egg, bacon

I have never been, and have never will be, a relish/mustard/celery/anything else kind of guy.

Once you involve noodles, that's tuna casserole, not tuna salad.

Whether it's baked or not is irrelevant to the casserole designation in this instance.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #24
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sorry I opened this can of worms.

You're involving noodles, there's crazy people involving mustard, at this point I'm sorry you opened this can of tuna.

Old 06-15-2017, 03:19 PM   #25
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
I'm sorry I opened this can of worms.

= worms, mayo, bacon, mustard, feta.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #26
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Potato salad without mayo? I'm afraid to find out what is replacing it.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #27
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Once you involve noodles, that's tuna casserole, not tuna salad.

Whether it's baked or not is irrelevant to the casserole designation in this instance.

Casserole is baked. I do not, under any circumstances bake my tuna. The only thing baked is me.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #28
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post

Right? What the fuck is that? High five.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #29
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Don't high five me you noodle-loving freak.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #30
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, it's the good kind.

That other stuff is what you have to endure when there's people with no taste to feed.

SMH. White people and their obsession with mayo (among their other bland food )...

Quote:

Ironically, it's other white people who have the answer... the Germans who are credited with the creation of potato salad. Mustard, bacon & onions mainly.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 06-15-2017 at 03:48 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #31
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Don't high five me you noodle-loving freak.

:supersatchmosadface:

Last edited by Suicane75 : 06-15-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #32
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I only eat Chick fil-a on Sundays these days.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #33
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Satchmosadface? Lol you got me back high five!
Old 06-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #34
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
SMH. White people and their obsession with mayo (among their other bland food )...

Ironically, it's other white people who have the answer... the Germans who are credited with the creation of potato salad. Mustard, bacon & onions mainly.

Hmmm, in my search for a piece of my childhood, I went looking for something called Creamy Bacon Dressing. It was a real thing in the 1980's but today there seemed to be nothing of the sort. I found a couple of brands online and their main boasts seems to be that it's good for making potato salad with. The rub? MADE BY GERMANS!
Old 06-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #35
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Satchmosadface? Lol you got me back high five!

High Five!
Old 06-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #36
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I only eat Chick fil-a on Sundays these days.

Liar. Are you pants on fire? Check your pants, they might be on fire. Know why? Cause you're a liar.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:52 PM   #37
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Hmmm, in my search for a piece of my childhood, I went looking for something called Creamy Bacon Dressing. It was a real thing in the 1980's but today there seemed to be nothing of the sort. I found a couple of brands online and their main boasts seems to be that it's good for making potato salad with. The rub? MADE BY GERMANS!

You don't want to know what's in the creamy bacon dressing
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:58 PM   #38
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I also looked up Creamy Bacon Dressing and I found this hilariousness:

Walden Farms Calorie Free Dressing - Creamy Bacon 12 fl oz Bottle(s) - Swanson Health Products

Quote:
KOSHER

(It's imitation soy bacon bits... which... wha... are Orthodox Jews really going to be swayed by this anyways)
Old 06-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #39
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post

I want to eat your sandwich.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #40
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Casserole is baked. I do not, under any circumstances bake my tuna. The only thing baked is me.

If you're mixing noodles with tuna, well ... you know what they say happens if you get baked too often.

#RIPbraincells
Old 06-15-2017, 05:12 PM   #41
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

What the hell is even happening here.

I take my tuna sandwiches with a little mayo mixed in - always mixed in. I put provolone on top, Toast the sandwich like that in the oven to melt the cheese without sogging up the bread. Put bacon, red onion and a thin slice of tomato on top with a light drizzle of honey mustard for a sweet flavor to counter the savory bacon.

If I'm in a hurry I'll go with just tuna, mayo and a hint of mustard on some toasted wheat bread and spend the day feeling cheated.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:15 PM   #42
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
No, it's the good kind.

correct
Old 06-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #43
Suicane75
Coordinator

This is so much more than I ever expected.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #44
Drake
assmaster

I'm disappointed that Shkspr doesn't put Worcestershire Sauce in his tuna salad. That's like my secret ingredient for zip. I use it in place of the horseradish my grandma used. Not a fan of the horseradish.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #45
Drake
assmaster

Also, not tuna salad without a hardboiled egg or two mashed up in there.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:01 PM   #46
tarcone
Coordinator

Tuns salad is tuna, mayo, and pickle relish. Nothing more. My wife puts a bunch of crap in hers and it sucks.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:11 PM   #47
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is so much more than I ever expected.

Food topics generate about 5x (or more) engagement than anything else I ever say/do on Facebook.

It's uncanny, but the brisk pace here doesn't surprise me one bit.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #48
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I despise mayo. For Tuna salad I sub olive oil, works great for my tastes.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:29 PM   #49
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

2. YES.. it's called a deconstructed tuna sandwich.

Add relish, a slice on onion and a tad of mustard if you are the real TUNA MAN!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #50
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
2. YES.. it's called a deconstructed tuna sandwich.

That's like cracking an egg, dumping it on top of some flour, sugar, and butter, and calling it a deconstructed cookie! If you're going to put that little effort into making a tuna sandwich, just eat the stuff out of the can and use the bread for literally anything else - a BLT, a PB&J for dessert so you don't have stinky fish breath, the possibilities are endless.

Anyhow my secret ingredient is chopped red onion that's been soaked in red wine vinegar for a few minutes before mixing it in. That's usually enough crunch for me without having to resort to celery; if I want more I'd rather just make a lettuce wrap out of it or something.

Last edited by nol : 06-15-2017 at 07:04 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote