Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2022, 01:05 PM   #6401
PilotMan
Head Coach

The thing that's the most dangerous here besides the obvious, looking forward, will be the easy manipulation of voice and video using AI and editing. Like, I'm not sure if by 2024, you won't have trump up there saying that he wasn't on the phone with the National Guard trying to stop it, with audio evidence from somewhere and it'll be close enough to create reasonable doubt.

From that, anything and everything, where you could create reasonable doubt is able to be manipulated. Chaos will ensue, and the full force of the post truth world will be dropped.

Unless the government gets a real handle on it, and some level of trust in the government can be restored, even if it means declaring these people traitors to the country (and believe me, if it goes the other way, just as easy their 'enemies' will be declared traitors). The country I grew up in will be lost.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 01:43 PM   #6402
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I really don't have much of a hope at this point. The House is almost certainly gone, and I'm afraid the Senate as well. By 2024, we may be looking at a GOP landslide. I think most of the freedoms we have taken for granted are going to be gone in the next ten years. Fox News will be considered liberal by the standard of what's coming.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 01:54 PM   #6403
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Remember, for like a few minutes, when we could pretend that overturning Roe v Wade might lead to a tiny, close victory in one midterm that might be tenuously be held until the next Presidential election, assuming the Supreme Court somehow doesn't agree with the independent state legislature theory by the narrowest of margins? We almost could pretend that trading reproductive rights might give us 3 more years of normalcy until the next would be despot comes along and breaks our democracy for at least a generation.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-25-2022 at 01:55 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 02:37 PM   #6404
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
So the GOP spreads lies, and they are classified as a success.
And the Dems are blamed for "underestimating" it.

No thought to blaming the people spreading the lies.

I just see a bunch of stupid white people who are angry at the idea anyone else could be better then them.

Truth be told, as a upper middle class white male heterosexual with a stable income and very little debt. I'm gonna be fine in the new revolution.

I'll probably pursue EU citizenship, I can afford it just to peace out when things boil over, but this isn't really going to affect me.

The funny part is all those stupids spouting rhetoric are going to be miserable under the new regime when nothing changes for them when the new landowners start dictating demands.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 05:26 PM   #6405
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
So the GOP spreads lies, and they are classified as a success.
And the Dems are blamed for "underestimating" it.

No thought to blaming the people spreading the lies.

I agree to an extent. But also, if you don't fight back, maybe you don't really care about those lies anyway.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:52 AM   #6406
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Not that it's going to matter, but apparently another woman who Walker paid for an abortion will be coming forward this afternoon. Perhaps we should just cut to the chase and have every woman who hasn't had an abortion paid for by Walker raise their hands.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 12:25 PM   #6407
cuervo72
Head Coach

If anything it'll probably make him look better to them in a "LOOK AT HOW MANY BITCHES THIS ALPHA WAS FUCKING" sense.
Old 10-26-2022, 12:38 PM   #6408
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

GOP voters demonstrably don't care about the the personal values their politicians live, as long as a) the values they espouse are the right ones and more importantly b) they vote the right way in Congress (or wherever).

The ends justify the means. Once they successfully set up a white nationalist fundamentalist christian theocratic state, they can come back around and line up sinners like Walker against the wall, as their usefulness will have run its course.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 02:41 PM   #6409
kingfc22
Head Coach

Sinners like Walker and Trump are exempt. My father is a devout “Christian” and is one of those individuals who is always looking to spread the word but he sees no issue when it comes to Walker, Trump, etc.

It’s truly baffling to see individuals like him who can’t see the hypocrisy they are living out by supporting these clowns.

I just have no time for people who wish to espouse things on others in the name of Christianity and then totally ignore blatant things their faith pretends to care about.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 10-26-2022 at 02:48 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 08:38 PM   #6410
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Sinners like Walker and Trump are exempt. My father is a devout “Christian” and is one of those individuals who is always looking to spread the word but he sees no issue when it comes to Walker, Trump, etc.

It’s truly baffling to see individuals like him who can’t see the hypocrisy they are living out by supporting these clowns.

I just have no time for people who wish to espouse things on others in the name of Christianity and then totally ignore blatant things their faith pretends to care about.

They're just phonies. Pretending to be a Christian gives them a green light to be hateful or a bigot. They don't care or even know the basics of Christianity or the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:39 PM   #6411
RainMaker
General Manager

Anyone figure out what the DOJ does?

Watch these men pose as officials and try to copy 2020 election data from a voting machine | CNN Politics
Old 10-26-2022, 10:01 PM   #6412
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Trump should presumptively declare himself the 2024 nominee and completely bypass the notion of a competitive primary. If he gets any pushback, maybe threaten a 3rd party run. I think this is his best play.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 10:04 PM   #6413
JPhillips
General Manager

Yes. The only thing I can think of is that campaign finance laws make it harder to steal all the money after he declares.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:32 PM   #6414
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Yes. The only thing I can think of is that campaign finance laws make it harder to steal all the money after he declares.

Tucker just ran a documentary that shows Blake Masters breaking campaign finance laws on video. I think he could take all that money and buy a super yacht for himself and nothing would be done.

Laws don't apply to these people.
Old 10-26-2022, 11:23 PM   #6415
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

someone should write a new book "Kanye West is a big fat idiot"
sponsored by GAP, adidas and skechers
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:24 PM   #6416
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post

have you had any heart to heart with him about it? curious if you got anywhere
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:04 AM   #6417
Ksyrup

Yes, it's mostly from doomscrolling, but I feel like things are trending really negative for the midterms.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-27-2022, 08:15 AM   #6418
PilotMan
Head Coach

How much of that by design to combat complacency?

Like Steam?

Old 10-27-2022, 08:22 AM   #6419
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Yes, it's mostly from doomscrolling, but I feel like things are trending really negative for the midterms.

Dems are having to spend money in areas Biden carried by close to double digits. This is going to be a slaughter. People would rather spend .30 cents less for eggs then preserve democracy
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:43 AM   #6420
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

People would rather vote for the promise of .30 less for eggs (that they probably know in their heart of hearts won't be delivered)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-27-2022 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:52 AM   #6421
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
People would rather vote for the promise of .30 less for eggs (that they probably know in their heart of hearts won't be delivered)

SI

Thats what blows my mind. Has anyone seen any actual plans from the right for reducing inflation or fixing the border?
Old 10-27-2022, 09:12 AM   #6422
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

1. More illegal immigrants being paid under the table to drive down wages.
2. Giant walls to keep illegal immigrants from stealing low paying jobs.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 09:40 AM   #6423
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Big, beautiful walls! Yuuuge walls.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-27-2022 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:48 AM   #6424
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Big, beautiful walls! Yuuuge walls.

SI

Paid for by Mexico!
Old 10-27-2022, 10:05 AM   #6425
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Thats what blows my mind. Has anyone seen any actual plans from the right for reducing inflation or fixing the border?

Inflation, gas prices, the border, healthcare, crime, ect.

They currently don't have policy plans for anything really. It's far easier to just run against whatever your opponent wants to do and create anger, outrage, and division than actually put your policy on paper to be picked apart.

McCain and Romney tried to run on policy and they found out their ideas aren't very popular and lost. So now you just piss everyone off and if the election doesn't go your way you hope to find a sympathetic judge that's willing to overthrow democracy.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 11:36 AM   #6426
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not sure where this belongs. NY Post got hacked and it is something else...
Old 10-27-2022, 02:18 PM   #6427
cuervo72
Head Coach

Old 10-27-2022, 02:47 PM   #6428
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I don't recall if I saw this here, another board that I'm on, or just somewhere random online like Twitter or Reddit (and I'm poorly paraphrasing)

He's the perfect patsy for them. He's a dumb jock and an "amoral" man sexually who had abortions and kids out of wedlock by multiple women - all the negative stereotypes they preach. But, even better, he's a hypocrite, willing to compromise any principles he might have had, so long as it gets him power. Because no person, especially of color, could actually exist that doesn't have just a savage, base selfishness. So they can hold him up an an example, a caricature of all they hate while being a kept man, subservient under their thumb - the place where he belongs.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-27-2022 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:05 PM   #6429
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
...But, even better, he's a hypocrite, willing to compromise any principles he might have had, so long as it gets him power. Because no person, especially of color, could actually exist that doesn't have just a savage, base selfishness. So they can hold him up an an example, a caricature of all they hate while being a kept man, subservient under their thumb - the place where he belongs.

SI

So he's Sam Jackson's "Stephen" from Django?

Like Steam?

Old 10-27-2022, 09:00 PM   #6430
kingfc22
Head Coach

So how long before the orange windbag is back spouting nonsense on Twitter? 6 hours? 12 hours?
Old 10-27-2022, 09:03 PM   #6431
Ksyrup

I don't follow Trump but you don't really have to because he's omnipresent. I'm not mentally prepared for people to be retweeting and discussing his BS.

I wish it was 2002 when I had 4-5 messageboards to post at.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:49 PM   #6432
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

Hunter Biden.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 06:23 AM   #6433
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hillary’s emails?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 06:56 AM   #6434
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If it turns out that Hillary ever emailed Hunter Biden, it's over.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 07:34 AM   #6435
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We saw a lot of antichrist rhetoric after Trump was elected, but I am pretty sure Kari Lake is the antichrist.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:52 AM   #6436
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Pelosi home invasion?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 09:08 AM   #6437
GrantDawg

Suggesting it was staged in three
...two....one..

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-28-2022 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:18 AM   #6438
Ksyrup

My two favorites so far:

I think I mentioned it before, but the NY Times Pitchbot is a great follow.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:22 AM   #6439
Ksyrup

Before we get any facts, I assume the speculation runs:

Liberal/most media - MAGA nutcase

Fox News/Right-Wing media - Random dude encouraged by Dems/SF's soft crime policies
Old 10-28-2022, 09:26 AM   #6440
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

They live in a super posh area, they are loaded. No way this was a random home invasion.

Within a couple hours right wing media will be calling it a false flag.
Old 10-28-2022, 11:05 AM   #6441
kingfc22
Head Coach

100% it was Antifa
Old 10-28-2022, 11:09 AM   #6442
Kodos
Resident Alien

Or Hunter Biden!
Old 10-28-2022, 11:11 AM   #6443
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They live in a super posh area, they are loaded. No way this was a random home invasion.

Within a couple hours right wing media will be calling it a false flag.

The police are saying that this was targeted and not a random house.
Old 10-28-2022, 11:44 AM   #6444
GrantDawg

And conservatives are already all over Twitter saying this is a "Jesse Smollett".

Old 10-29-2022, 04:05 PM   #6445
cuervo72
Head Coach

Could have been the Gov. of California.

Good people, these.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:19 PM   #6446
JPhillips
General Manager

Variations of that have been all over GOP twitter including a lot of current candidates.
Old 10-29-2022, 06:53 PM   #6447
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Who had "Husband of Speaker in the House attacked while crazy guy asked 'where is the speaker' a year and change after people ransacking Congress with the speaker near the top of the list of people targeted to be killed?"

This is definitely normal.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-29-2022 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:22 AM   #6448
Flasch186
Coordinator

Was he a teacher of third grade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:36 AM   #6449
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Elon Musk is now spreading these dumb conspiracy theories about the attacker.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:57 AM   #6450
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Sigh. I've actually found a pretty nice/fun professional community on Twitter. And it's fun to talk about sports there.

And he's gonna turn it into 8-chan within 3 months.

I don't think that Twitter changing will affect politics much (that ship sailed with facebook).

It's just that there was one social media site that made some small attempts to keep Nazis and MAGA from spraying diarrhea all over the place and those attempts kept it just pleasant enough that you could find some nice communities there.

And Musk decided to end all that--pretty much out of boredom from what I can tell.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote