Home

Official Trade Approval/Announcement Thread

This is a discussion on Official Trade Approval/Announcement Thread within the 10 Yard Fight forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > 10 Yard Fight
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Official Trade Approval/Announcement Thread

This thread is only for your league commissioner's to post/announce approved trades. Please do not post in this thread.....ever. Simply PM/DM on OS and or Group me trades to be reviewed for approval. We will post them here once they are approved. If for some reason they are denied we will notify you via DM/PM

Thank you!

Year 1 Approved Trades Master List:

Trade 1
Texans trade to Browns:
2017 2nd Round Pick
RB Jonathan Grimes

Texans receive:
RB Duke Johnson Jr

Trade 2
Steelers trade to Tampa Bay
WR Martavis Bryant

Steelers Receive Tampa Bay's 2017 2nd Round Pick

Trade 3

Denver Trade CB Aqib Talib to The Panthers

Panthers Trade to Denver DT Star Touleleu and 2017 4th round pick

Trade 4

Jets trade DE Sheldon Richardson to the Raiders for 2017 2nd and 5th round picks.

Trade 5

The Buffalo Bills trade DT Marcell Dareus to the Atlanta Falcons for DT Grady Jarrett and draft picks (2017 2nd Round and 2018 4th).
Madden 21 (Fins YR3 11-5 #1 seed AFC)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-14-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Official Trade Approval/Announcement Thread

Browns Trade Duke Johnson Jr and reunite Johnson with Fellow Miami Alum Lamar Miller for Texans 2017 2nd Round Pick and RB Jonathan Grimes

Duke Johnson looks to make his mark with the Texans alongside his fellow UM Alumni Lamar Miller

Lamar Miller is all smiles as he was told Duke Johnson would be joining him with the Texans

The Houston Texans made a big move for another former UM speedster in RB Duke Johnson Jr. The Browns who are clearly in a rebuilding phase already, were willing to part with the former college superstar for a 2017 2nd round pick and veteran RB Jonathan Grimes. The Texans are thrilled to get a versatile, fast and still very young RB to pair up with starter Lamar Miller. This acquisition will potentially give fits to DC around the league. Johnson can present some interesting match-up problems when both he and Lamar are on the field at the same time. Duke had this to say "I am sad I am leaving the great city of Cleveland, my stay was really short, but I made a lot of close friends in my short time there. I am however happy to be teaming up with Lamar and expect great things this season and making a deep playoff run with my new teammates. I want to thank The Browns for drafting me, but now a new chapter begins in Houston".

Steelers Trade troubled WR Martavis Bryant to Tampa For 2017 2nd Round Pick

Bryant was all smiles learning his suspension was lifted, but even more shocked to learn he had been traded to the Bucs

In a shocking move the Pittsburgh Steelers bidded farewell to dynamic but often troubled WR Martavis Bryant to the Tampa Bay Bucs for a 2017 2nd Pick. Bryant will now be paired up with stud WR Mike Evans as Crablegs now has two legit WR targets to fling the rock to. It is still unclear what prompted the move from the Steelers. Bryant was set to return to the team for opening day as his suspension was lifted and was looking to have his best season yet alongside superstar WR Antonio Brown. The Steelers could not be reached for comment. However the Buc's Nation was jubilant upon learning of the trade. WR Martavis Bryant said "I was surprised, but also thinks it's really cool to be playing with Mike Evans and Jamis. We will make a great combo!

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Denver Trades Veteran Pro Bowl CB Aqib Talib to The Panthers for DT Star Toulelu and a 2017 4th Round Pick

Talib was a little stunned, but quite happy to go to a contender in Carolina

Star is a young DT on the rise and looks forward to joining forces with Von Miller and Demarcus Ware on one of the best defenses in the league

9/1/16 - In a stunning deal The defending Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos sent controversial All-Pro CB Aqib Talib packing and joining the Super Bowl runner up Carolina Panthers, in exchange for young on the rise DT Star Touleleu and a 2017 4th round draft pick. Talib was aquired with the goal of replacing departed star CB Josh Norman and to sure up the Panthers Secondary. It came with a price though as the Panthers sent DT Star Touleleu and a 4th round pick in the 2017 draft. "When I got the call that I was going to Carolina, I was like say what?!!" "But then I thought about it, and said you know, Cam, that defense, Josh Norman leaving....yeah they need a lock down CB and that is my game". "I can help them finish the job this year". The Panthers were aggressive and reached out to Denver to inquire about the often volatile and out spoken Talib. The Broncos wanted a younger DT in return and a draft pick sweetner to close the deal for a premier CB. Although Talib is getting up there in age he still is a top CB and the Panthers are in a win now mode. It remains to be sen if this deal helps the Panthers get that elusive Super Bowl. The Broncos in the meantime feel they will be fine without Talib and were thinking on a more long term view in grabbing a potential all-pro DT if Star continues his rapid development.

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #4
#00 AlonSlow Moaning

CoffeyN's Arena

OVR: 19

The Buffalo Bills trade DT Marcell Dareus to the Atlanta Falcons for DT Grady Jarrett and draft picks (2017 2nd Round and 2018 4th).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Jet's deal Troubled But Talented DE Sheldon Richardson To The Silver And Black For The Raiders 2017 2nd and 5th Round Picks.

Former 2013 Defensive Rookie Of The Year and Often Troubled DE Sheldon Richardson Is Headed to Cali To Play Alongside Mack, Smith, Edwards Jr, Irvin...

Gang Green has had enough. After taking Sheldon Richardson in the 1st round of the 2013 NFL Draft and thinking they got themselves a franchise DE, The Jets pulled the trigger in dealing the embattled DE. Richardson since earning the 2013 Defensive Rookie Of The Year Award has been suspended 4 games for violating the substance abuse policy, and then again being suspended a game for violation of the NFL's off field misconduct policy after being arrested in 2015. The Jet's front office had enough as the Raiders, looking to further enhance their already formidable defense and pass rush, offered a 2nd and 5th round pick in next years draft. The Jet's accepted the deal. "We are thrilled to welcome Sheldon to the Silver and Black", said GM/HC Zeffster. "We believe we have the right environment to put Sheldon in the best possible place to succeed". The deal is a little shocking considering how young and skilled Sheldon is. But the Jets seemed ready to move on from the young former All-Pro. They feel like he just can't get his life together and think he is a ticking time bomb according to an unnamed source close to the team. "We are going to miss Shledon" The Jet's told the Associated Press. "We wish him well and hope he can work through his off the field problems". The question is, can he? Going from one to coast to the other can pose even more temptation. Time will tell. But the Raiders certainly just made their DL even deeper than it already was.

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 12:29 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Bills Send Troubled But Talented DT Marcell Dareus Packing To Atlanta For DT Grady Jarret And A 2017 2nd Rounder And 2018 4th Rounder

Dareus Is A Load In The Middle, Atlanta Scored A Fine DT, But Can He Stay Out OF trouble?

Dareus was selected with the 3rd overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft by the Buffalo Bills on April 28, 2011. On April 29, the day after the first round, the Bills announced that Dareus would wear jersey number 99. On July 29, 2011, Dareus signed a 4-year deal with the Bills worth $20.4 million. Dareus started all sixteen games for the Bills, registering 5.5 sacks, the most for a Bills rookie since the now-retired Aaron Schobel, despite suffering injuries to his shoulder and hand during the season.

He was named to his first Pro Bowl in 2013 as an injury replacement for Justin Smith of the 49ers.

On May 5, 2014, Dareus was arrested in Cleburne County, Alabama, on charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, but was released within an hour.

On June 3, 2014, Dareus was arraigned in Hamburg, New York on charges over a car accident stemming from an alleged drag race with teammate, Jerry Hughes. On May 21, 2015, it was announced that Dareus would be suspended from the first game of the 2015 season, due to a violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

On September 10, 2015, the Bills signed him to a new 6-year contract extension that could reach $95.1 million with incentives, the contract also included $60 million in guaranteed money. With this contract, Dareus has the most guaranteed money in the NFL for a non-QB.

On August 16, 2016, it was reported that Dareus was facing a four-game suspension due to his second violation of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy. And this is where Coach Coffey had enough. He started working the phones and struck the deal for Jarret and some draft picks.

Grady Jarret has some great NFL DNA. His father Jessie Tuggle was a Pro Bowl LB for the Atlanta Falcons from 1987-1990. A 5th round pick in the 2015 draft, Jarret has some good upside and is kown to be a very hard worker on and off the field. This is a kid who was always working his way up, and fighting and scratching to make his mark. Just a 2 star recruit coming out of High School, Jarret would play for Clemson and by his senior year would make the All-ACC First Team.

Grady Is Excited To Get A Chance To Shine For The Bills This Season

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #7
Ricky Spanish

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Patriots Part Ways With Gronk As They Send Him Out West

Despite a career-high 19 touchdowns, Rob Gronkowski is now finding a new home in Arizona.

Patriots Trade: TE Rob Gronkowski, QB Jimmy Garoppolo
Cardinals Trade: QB Carson Palmer, WR John Brown, 2017 2nd Round Pick (RT David Sharpe)

In a major blockbuster deal leading up to the 2017 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots, right on the heels of Tom Brady's retirement, sent their star tight end Rob Gronkowski to Arizona. Gronk is universally known as the best tight end in football, with his rare combination of size, speed, strength, and receiving ability making him virtually impossible to defend. And yet, the Patriots traded him away in March, and they feel that they're going to be alright without him.

Gronk had an outstanding 19 touchdowns last season while hauling 77 receptions, his highest since 2014, for 965 yards. He was healthy all season, as he played 16 games and over 1000 snaps for the Pats. However, the Patriots were only able to win 8 games last season with the star duo of Brady and Gronk, and it looks like they are now looking for a new direction. Joining Gronk in the trade was Brady's backup, Jimmy Garoppolo. Garoppolo stepped in for the injured Brady in Week 17, putting up a meager 189 yards off of 20 completions (out of 35 attempts) with 0 touchdowns and 2 picks. He was better in the Wildcard round of the postseason, but he just clearly wasn't up to snuff in Shakiraquan T.G.I.F. Carter's offense.

Coming to New England is veteran quarterback Carson Palmer, wide receiver John Brown, and a second round pick, which the Patriots used to acquire right tackle David Sharpe out of Florida. Palmer is an elder statesmen of the NFL at a ripe 37-years-old, but he still has plenty of gas left in the tank, as he showed in Arizona last year. The former #1 overall pick in 2003 threw for a career-high 5,232 yards in a pass-heavy offense, while also throwing 32 touchdowns on the season. However, Palmer struggled a bit in taking care of the ball, as he threw for a staggering 31 picks. With Palmer joining a better supporting cast in New England's offense, which now features Jamaal Charles, Julian Edelman, John Brown, Danny Amendola, Jermaine Gresham, and rookie O.J. Howard, I'd expect Palmer to put up more efficient numbers this season.

John Brown, Palmer's teammate in Arizona, joins the Patriots and immediately adds a dimension to the offense that the Pats sorely lacked last year. He is a speed demon and a pure athlete, but he's also deadly out of the slot and can burn guys for short, long, and intermediate routes. The Patriots needed a guy like Brown who can generate big plays left and right in the passing game, which could be a big reason as to why they decided to ditch Gronk. Brown only played in 8 games last season for the Cards, but in those 8 games, he hauled in nearly 50 catches for 674 yards and 5 touchdowns.

The 2nd round pick that the Patriots acquired in the trade went into 20-year-old tackle David Sharpe. Sharpe was a standout at the University of Florida, and he looks to make an immediate impact on the right side of the line for the Pats. The coaching staff is definitely excited about his long-term potential, and it shows, as they've already named him as the starting right tackle for the 2017 season.

John Brown (12) and Carson Palmer (3) take their talents to the Northeast with the Patriots.

The Cardinals saw their legendary receiver Larry Fitzgerald retire in the offseason, and they felt that it was time to reshape the offense a little bit. They shed themselves of Carson Palmer, who realistically only has one or two more years left in him, and they parted ways with John Brown, who is set to get a huge payday at the end of the season. However, obviously, the big catch for Arizona is Rob Gronkowski. Gronk replaces the departing Jermaine Gresham (who signed with New England in free agency, coincidentally), and he should receive the lion's share of targets from QB Jimmy Garoppolo.

Garoppolo has his work cut out for him in Arizona, but he's a talented guy with a good arm, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn in a good season and became the franchise quarterback for the Cardinals. The Patriots had hoped that he would be the heir to Tom Brady's throne, but alas, sometimes things just don't work out. The former 2nd round pick should have the starting job locked up with little competition from Drew Stanton and Taysom Hill.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

Last edited by JazzMan; 11-15-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:05 PM   #8
Ricky Spanish

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Panthers/Chargers Agree On Thompson/Gordon Swap

Shaq Thompson will be moving to sunny San Diego after this deal between the Chargers and Panthers

Panthers Trade: OLB Shaq Thompson
Chargers Trade: HB Melvin Gordon

The Panthers and the Chargers agreed on a trade in the offseason that would send standout linebacker Shaq Thompson to San Diego and former Badger Melvin Gordon to the Carolina. Thompson accrued a lot of interest this offseason from multiples when he was put on the trade block, but ultimately, it was the Chargers that came through with the offer of Gordon. Though Thompson didn't put up eye-popping stats as a sophomore, he is a tremendous talent and has the potential to be a perennial Pro Bowler. The Chargers moved Thompson to the MLB spot to fit their 3-4 system, and I believe that he will thrive in San Diego. He's excellent in coverage, which should shore up some of the Chargers' pass coverage.

Gordon should have the opportunity to thrive in Carolina behind vet Jonathan Stewart

Gordon didn't receive much of an opportunity in San Diego, where he played in just 5 games, getting 48 touches for 203 yards and 2 touchdowns last season. Prior to the start of last season, it appeared that Gordon would take over the starting spot after the Chargers traded away Danny Woodhead, but Dion Lewis ended up taking over, as he posted 742 yards and 6 touchdowns off of 176 carries. Melvin should be able to make a difference in Carolina, where Head Coach Bruce Wayne (no relation to multi-billionaire Gotham playboy Bruce Wayne) has been clamoring for a speedy back with big play potential. It appears he landed one in Melvin Gordon.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > 10 Yard Fight »