Home

Madden 16 Draft of rules and feedback

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Draft of rules and feedback within the 4th and 1 forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > 4th and 1
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #41
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden 16 Draft of rules and feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmac75
Thank you guy for taking the time.

On the 4th down what I meant is your rule is not really fair.

Lets say you play a Madman or a Playad. With these guys 8 points lead is nothing.

You have the lead by 8 points and you are in the final QT,
The ball is at 35 yards and it is 4th inch or even 4th5
We have 10mn left in Q4
With these guys 8 points lead is not much.

I should be allowed to go for it and get a chance to kill some clock and get a sure 3 points or even a TD instead of a risky FG which give them the ball in good position and facilitate their come back.

This does not make sense, in such a case I should be able to go for it because that is what give me the best chance to win.

On opposite side the guy down can consider using all the downs even the 4th to get a first. This for me is in fact not really fair.

For me some 4th attempt in Madden are ridiculous like attempting on your side of the field when not in desperate situation or long 4th when the game is balanced, or ... You guys know what I mean, but outside of that it should be open.

But I know that having a 4th down will always drive here and there controversy so it is better to have a rule.

Regarding FB, if Finley is right we could get rid of the FB if possible I think we should allow a team to have a 53 roster without a FB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilobad
I am for more leeway in going for it when down in the second half. I'm pretty conservative, but there could be more risk taking in some situations.
You are correct Mac, an 8pt lead wouldn't be much against Mad in the 4th. If you look at the rules again, you'll see that we allow one free 4th down play per game that is outside of the rules. Instances like what you're talking about are exactly why we have that rule. So in your example, you would still be able to go for it on 4th if you want to try to run clock. As per the rule tho, you have to let Mad know that you're going for it first.

Quote:
For disciplines, I think two warnings would be more fair unless it is a real malicious violation. I would include whinging and abusive chat behavior (that isn't just joking around).
We thought about the warnings and it just doesn't sit right with us, that someone could potentially lose a game or feel disrespected and the offending party only got a warning over and over. Now for some minor offenses and mistakes, Mad may be inclined to give a warning, but for egregious offenses and errors, we feel that some kind of penalty is necessary. Nice suggestions on the chat btw. I don't think we discussed that. Most likely those would be warnings tho.

Quote:
For disconnects, I love the idea of set circumstances. Take it out of the hands of the players to decide. I think playing to a score would require more time and patience than most have and could lead to more problems. (What if someone is injured while getting to the score? Start again?)
This is a touchy subject because everyone hates disconnects, especially when they're winning. Most of the time, people can work out how they want to replay the game, but for those few instances when both parties can't come to an agreement, we need something in place to settle the dispute. I've heard from a few users that don't agree with playing back to a score and that's cool, but we can't just hand out wins to people. You asked what if there are injuries in the playback? There is no scenario where there would be absolutely no injuries. If you play the cpu, there could be injuries. If you sim the win, there could be injuries. There is no pretty way to replay a disconnected game. No matter how you replay it, stats will be different and injuries could happen. We can't control those. We can control the score tho so playing back to a certain score seem like the only fair way to do it. If you have some other suggestions on how to handle disconnects, we'd love to hear them. Basically, It's up to you and your opponent to work it out. If you can't, we'll have something in place to reference to settle the dispute.

Last edited by splff3000; 08-22-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #42
All Star

splff3000's Arena

I also wanna thank the few of you that actually looked over the rules drafts and offered feedback or asked questions about stuff that you weren't sure about. It's definitely better to discuss stuff now than in week 12 of the season. If anyone else has anymore questions or feedback, we're ready to hear them. The rules are pretty much done now minus a few tweaks here and there and should be rolled out next week, but we can always update and change stuff if need be.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:50 PM   #43
Pro

That Army Allen's Arena

OVR: 0

After seeing and playing with experience and goals etc, I really think we need to drop or lower the awr requirement as it's way too difficult to get attributes up as is let alone trying to actually make a player better attribute wise on top of it.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:19 PM   #44
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Army Allen
After seeing and playing with experience and goals etc, I really think we need to drop or lower the awr requirement as it's way too difficult to get attributes up as is let alone trying to actually make a player better attribute wise on top of it.
We'll look into it. Are you playing the games or just simming them?
Old 08-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #45
Pro

That Army Allen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
We'll look into it. Are you playing the games or just simming them?
Playing and trying both Stat padding and normal play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 11:04 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
You are correct Mac, an 8pt lead wouldn't be much against Mad in the 4th. If you look at the rules again, you'll see that we allow one free 4th down play per game that is outside of the rules. Instances like what you're talking about are exactly why we have that rule. So in your example, you would still be able to go for it on 4th if you want to try to run clock. As per the rule tho, you have to let Mad know that you're going for it first.

We thought about the warnings and it just doesn't sit right with us, that someone could potentially lose a game or feel disrespected and the offending party only got a warning over and over. Now for some minor offenses and mistakes, Mad may be inclined to give a warning, but for egregious offenses and errors, we feel that some kind of penalty is necessary. Nice suggestions on the chat btw. I don't think we discussed that. Most likely those would be warnings tho.

This is a touchy subject because everyone hates disconnects, especially when they're winning. Most of the time, people can work out how they want to replay the game, but for those few instances when both parties can't come to an agreement, we need something in place to settle the dispute. I've heard from a few users that don't agree with playing back to a score and that's cool, but we can't just hand out wins to people. You asked what if there are injuries in the playback? There is no scenario where there would be absolutely no injuries. If you play the cpu, there could be injuries. If you sim the win, there could be injuries. There is no pretty way to replay a disconnected game. No matter how you replay it, stats will be different and injuries could happen. We can't control those. We can control the score tho so playing back to a certain score seem like the only fair way to do it. If you have some other suggestions on how to handle disconnects, we'd love to hear them. Basically, It's up to you and your opponent to work it out. If you can't, we'll have something in place to reference to settle the dispute.
1 free 4th down play sounds good, but it is impossible to enforce. I think 4th down on your opponents side of the field, do what you think is best. If we're not allowing fb dive in 2y or less situations there is no auto play to pick it up, and it becomes about play calling, execution, and risk vs reward. As it should be.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > 4th and 1 »