Home

What's Happening in 4th and 1? **Media Thread**

This is a discussion on What's Happening in 4th and 1? **Media Thread** within the 4th and 1 forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > 4th and 1
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #1
Rookie

madman53191's Arena

OVR: 16
What's Happening in 4th and 1? **Media Thread**

What's Happening in 4th and 1?
This is the league media thread. Post everything in here from game recaps to just random league facts. NO TEAM NEEDS TO CREATE AN INDIVIDUAL TEAM THREAD OUTSIDE OF THIS ONE.

Here is a little example from @rspencer86 from back in our OS Vets days lol...

Post away. These stories keep the league interesting and also make for fun reading at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 01:31 PM   #2
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: What's Happening in 4th and 1? **Media Thread**

Romo: Wouldn't Have Happened if I Started
Romo resentful over not starting.

Irving, TX

The Dallas Cowboys came into the opener with a lot of hype. Dak Prescott was named the starter to open the season and the team seemed poised to do something big. They only big thing they did yesterday was leave a giant turd on the field. After their week 1 game with the Giants was over the Cowboys quietly entered the locker room after a 44-19 defeat. Coach Marvin Russell absolutely chewed out his team.

Dak Prescott: "I don't have an explanation for the way I played other than it happened, I just want to put this behind me and move forward."

Dak was sacked 6 times and the vaunted Dallas O-line didn't seem as invincible as they once did. Ezekiel Elliot outside of 1 run was largely ineffective. The Dallas defense looked absolutely awful. At the end of the day though Tony Romo started a bit of controversy of his own.

Tony Romo: "I feel that what I saw out there was a lot of rookie mistakes and we probably would have done better with me at the helm."

When asked to clarify if he was referring to Dak, Romo declined to state who he was talking about. But the message was pretty clear. Either way Dallas is now 0-1 and they roll on into week 2 hoping to turn things around. Sounds like all is not well in Jerry World.

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Old 09-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #3
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

2016 Week 1: Chiefs Lose 12-7 Defensive Battle

The Kansas City Chiefs (0-0) held their home opener against division foe San Diego Chargers (0-0) in week 1. A defensive (or lack-luster offensive) contest throughout that featured five field goal attempts and lots and lots and lots of punting.

Chiefs starting QB Alex Smith would go down in the second quarter with a high-ankle sprain (not scheduled to miss any time) and recently signed backup Mark Sanchez would take over. Sanchez would struggle early on but would lead the Chiefs on the lone touchdown-scoring drive in the second half.

A key moment of the game came when Chiefs kicker Carlos "Iron Boot" Santino (or whoever it is) missed a mid-ranged field goal with the Chiefs down 5 late in the game. The Chiefs would later get the ball near field goal range for their final drive but would be unable to move downfield much and ultimately produced no points. Thanks Charlie Sandles, thanks a lot.

The Chiefs move to 0-1 on the season, while the Chargers notch their first win (1-0). Next week the Chiefs take on the 0-1 Texans.

Chiefs kicker Candy Strawberry will be kicking plenty of practice balls leading up to their next game.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 09-15-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:00 AM   #4
Rookie

TIGERPRIDE08's Arena

OVR: 2

Browns Bounce Back
9501919-robert-griffin-iii-josh-gordon-nfl-preseason-cleveland-browns-tampa-bay-buccaneers-850x5.jpg
After a brutal week one lost the Cleveland Browns came out against their division rival the Baltimore Ravens. The Baylor duo of Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon had a strong day as they torch they Ravens secondary. Coach Jackson was very pleased by the effort they gave as they was the driving force as the rushing game struggled not breaking 100 yards rushing.

Robert Griffin III looked like the "RG3" we loved as a rookie as he finished with 373 yards passing 3 TDs and a interception, a complete turn around of his 4 int game last week. "I give all the credit to my WRs as they made me look good out there. Cole and Josh are some special guys and i am fortunate to have them as my teammates", said Griffin when asked about his game

On defense there was some good and some bad but the good outweighed the bad in this one. Rookie DB Derrick Kindred made the most of his first career start totaling 10 tackles and forced fumble that energized the defense. Fellow rookie DB Keivearae Russell also made his mark as late in the 4th he jumped a pass and took it to the house. The Notre Dame product also recorded his first career sack as he shows alot of promise for the the future.

See you next week as the Browns take their talents to South Beach and face the Miami Dolphins
Old 09-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #5
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Chiefs Continue To Lose

Chiefs move to 0-3. Good for them. At least Carmen SanDiego made his field goals this week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2016, 01:29 AM   #6
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

4thn1 Season 2 Playoff picture

(week 13)

Current AFC picture

Division leaders

#1 Bengals at 10-1
#2 Titans at 9-2
#3 Patriots at 8-3
#4 Chargers at 7-4

Wildcard

#5 Steelers at 7-4
#6 Dolphins at 6-5

AFC Teams to watch

Texans at 6-5
Broncos at 6-5
Ravens at 5-6
Jets at 5-6
Raiders at 5-6

Upcoming AFC matchups to watch

Week 13

Patriots @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Raiders
Broncos @ Jets

Week 14

Titans @ Bengals
Ravens @ Broncos

Week 15

Broncos @ Chargers

Week 16

Dolphins @ Patriots

Week 17

Patriots @ Broncos
Dolphins @ Raiders
Ravens @ Steelers

Current NFC Picture

Division Leaders
#1 Saints at 9-2
#2 Cowboys at 8-3
#3 Rams at 7-4
#4 Lions at 5-6

Wildcard
#5 Falcons at 9-2
#6 Panthers at 8-3

NFC Teams to watch
Seahawks at 7-4
Cardinals at 6-5
Packers at 5-6
Vikings at 4-7

Upcoming NFC matchups to watch
Week 13
Rams @ Saints
Panthers @ Falcons

Week 14
Seahawks @ Rams
Lions @ Vikings

Week 15
Lions @ Cardinals
Packers @ Vikings

Week 16
Cowboys @ Cardinals
Packers @ Rams
Falcons @ Seahawks

Week 17
Rams @ Seahawks
Old 12-23-2016, 02:18 AM   #7
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

Spectrebugg's Week 13 Playoff predictions
(Just a bit of fun)

AFC predictions

Predicted Division leaders
#1 Bengals at 13-3
#2 Chargers at 12-4
#3 Titans at 12-4
#4 Dolphins at 10-6

Predicted Wildcard
#5 Steelers at 11-5
#6 Patriots at 9-7

NFC Predictions

Predicted Division leaders
#1 Falcons at 14-2
#2 Cowboys at 13-3
#3 Cardinals at 10-6
#4 Lions at 7-9

Predicted Wildcard
#5 Saints at 14-2
#6 Panthers at 12-4
Old 12-30-2016, 11:57 PM   #8
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29

Ground and Pound!

Zeke Hitting his Stride

Dallas, TX

Ezekiel Elliot finally seems to have his mojo back. After his breakout rookie campaign, it seemed as if the running back would be poised for a bigger year in his Sophomore run. things didn't start quite as planned.

Zeke: "I stunk."

To quote the young Dallas star. he just couldn't find a groove. But after week 15, he finally is starting to look like an MVP candidate and the team couldn't be happier.

Coach EmmittSmithx22x: "It was frustrating for awhile. He is so fast we had to tell him to slow down because he was out running blocks. Now he is a little more patient and you can really see it working for him."

Dallas is now 11-3 with the playoffs in sight. We will see if they can repeat this year. With Dak on the sideline with a broken Collarbone.

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > 4th and 1 »