Home

Film Room: With Host Dan Patrick

This is a discussion on Film Room: With Host Dan Patrick within the 4th and 1 forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > 4th and 1
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29
Film Room: With Host Dan Patrick

Hello Friends and welcome to Film Room! A weekly spotlight were we invite a coach from the league to the man cave. Here we will discuss the league, The coaches team, and sometimes have a little fun! Of course since this is a sports show we are going to take a dive into the actual football games, but we also take time to appreciate the off the field stuff too.

Our Current Upcoming Interviews:
MadMan_531 (Falcons) LIVE!
Brandon (Raiders) LIVE!
DrTurtle(Packers) LIVE!
Shokan(Jags) 1/2917 expected date
SchleyVegas(Panthers) TBD
ampking(Bucs) TBD

If you would like to be apart of film room. Please send EmmittSmithx22x an PM on discord, or on OS.

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Last edited by EmmittSmithx22x; 01-22-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2017, 01:23 AM   #2
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

Re: Film Room: With Host Dan Patrick

Coach MadMan_531 of The Falcons

Dan Patrick: Welcome to Film Room, a Weekly spot with your host Dan Patrick. Each week we will invite a coach to the man cave and discuss their season so far. Get their insights on what is happen in the league as well as have some fun.

Dan: This week we invite MadMan_531 to join us! Coach how ya doing?

MadMan: I'm doing great. Just getting the team geared up for the playoffs. I'm feeling very confident that we will see the return of Julio Jones in the near future and that has our whole organization pumped.

Dan: It’s good to have you. Missing Julio really hurts but you have done great still this season! Speaking of that. You know you have been Coach of the Falcons for many years now. You have won multiple 4th and 1 Champions. Exactly how many rings do you have on your hand over there?

MadMan: Man, you know I have a few, however that's the past. I have yet to get one with my current squad so I am looking to get something going this post season after being one and done last season. I truly believe this squad has what it takes to add to our trophy case. *Points to the Falcon's Lombardi Trophies*

Dan: Ha! That is certainly an impressive trophy case you have. You know, we are in year 2 of your current run as head coach. Your team is currently 11-4 and if the playoffs started today, you would be the 4th seed hosting a wildcard game. What are your thoughts on your season so far?

MadMan: This season has been tough to say the least. We have faced some great teams and we feel as if we could have won every game if we cut back on turnovers. We have been killing ourselves trying to force the deep ball without Julio out there. Our defense has been lights out though and we are getting turnovers which in return are putting our offense in great positions. We just have to start getting points from them. 51 defensive interceptions in 16 games is no small feat. I'm just so proud of the way our defense gets after the ball. Which is a huge upgrade from season one.

Dan: Your team current is #1 in total interceptions you should truly be proud of your defensive group. But let’s talk about one of your stars on offense. Devonta Freeman, 1072 yards rushing, 24 total TDs (both rushing and receiving), he has 77 catches for 714 yards... What is your opinion of this young man’s effort on your team? He has really been raising some eyebrows for his dominance.

MadMan: If guys know anything about me, it is my love for all purpose running backs. It dates all the way back to my Shady McCoy and Quizz Rodgers days. Freeman is a very special player who suffered a devastating injury last season that many feel costed him the MVP award and contributed to our one and done in the playoffs. With that being said, he has bounced back amazingly this season. The young guy is a baller. He leads our team in rushing yards and receptions and has been able to still thrive while receiving a lot of attention from opposing defenses. We are thrilled to have him locked up for years to come.

Dan: Devonta all but had the MVP locked up last season until he went down with an injury which is a convenient segway, as you mentioned though to start the show Julio Jones has been down with a torn bicep. How much of an impact has his absence been on your season? What does his presence bring to the table that you currently miss?

MadMan: When we began the season, Julio was on pace to have a very special year. He racked up 1100 yards in 6 games and really opened up our rushing attack. His presence alone takes pressure off Freeman and the rest of our play makers. He also makes Kirk a very happy quarterback. Since his injury our offense has sputtered since we are currently lacking a deep threat. Not many players can fill the void that he left behind so we have had to change our offense to more short passes and dump offs. Zach Nolan has quietly had a solid season (52 grabs, 945 yards, 6 TDs), in his absence.

Dan: Zach Nolan is an example of rookie coming out of nowhere. Remember, he was your 3rd round pick! But let’s talk some X’s and O’s for a second. You as a coach are considered one of the better user coverage players in the league. What is it that you see that helps you make the right reads and always in position to make the play?

MadMan: It is all about fooling the user QB. You want him to think that you don't see something so you can jump the route and get the int. This sometimes means falling a yard or two behind and jumping in as the ball is released. It's a mind game. Get into their head and anticipate what throw is coming so you can quickly jump it and get the ball back to your offense. With that being said, aggressive play can also hurt you at times. So don't get down on yourself if you give up a big play. Just stick with your game plan and you'll leave happy.

Dan: Truly insightful. I hope our listeners are taking notes. We talked about some of your well known players. Do you think any of your players on your team deserve more recognition than they are getting?

MadMan: I'm a team guy. I feel like we have 7 guys on defense that should be getting recognized at the end of the year so I don't want to single individual players out. They know who they are. Some are new acquisitions that have helped turn this defense around. We'd be in rough shape right now and probably out of the playoffs without the high level of play from those guys.

Dan: One player I have noticed is Ricardo Allen. Talk about a power surge! 9 INTS? Definitely starting to feel more at home as he plays and you can really see it in his play. Ok coach. You’re locked in for the playoffs. Any teams in the field that worry you? Is there a particular matchup you are looking forward to?

Madman: Playing divisional teams in the playoffs are always scary to me. Saints and Panthers will both be in. Facing either of them for a 3rd time could be a dangerous game. Dallas and Seattle are two tough squads as well and I'm sure Dallas is seeking revenge after their week one loss to us. However, we will be prepared for whatever team lines up against us. We like the challenge.

Dan: I am sure the Cowboys remember that you intercepted them 6 times that game. Fun Fact: That game accounts for 11% of your total interceptions for the season (not joking). Enough about football for second. Coach give us a hidden talent of yours off the football field for real. Can you dance? Sing?

MadMan: I like doing music. I wouldn't say I'm the best singer however *Laughs*. I'm not a big dancer as because I'm too damn stiff. No rhythm at all. It's all fun though.

Dan: I can’t dance myself. I Would probably pull a hamstring trying to do the electric slide. Moving on…Outside of 4th and 1 what do you do for a living?

MadMan: I recently graduated from the University of Georgia and I'm currently a restaurant manager and the Co-founder/President of our own independent record label based out of Athens, GA.

Dan: Wow. And you find a time to run a league on the side. Ambition will pay off as well with dedication and you seem to have plenty of both. We are getting to the end of the segment. You’re about to go into a big game and your sitting in front of your locker. What song is playing in your headphones?

MadMan: Imma go with "Never Scared" by Bone Crusher. Good song to get you pumped up for a big game.

Dan: Not a bad choice! Just make sure Julio doesn’t hear it. It sounds kind of painful! And he’s still recovering. Thank you for coming on today coach great stuff!

Madman:Thanks for having me on Dan. Have a great day sir.

Dan:That wraps up this week’s Film Room! Feel free to join us next week! Where we welcome the Raiders head coach Brandon to the man cave. Hats off to our guest MadMan_531 who did a great job today. We will see you next week. Goodnight.

OS
VETS Madden League:

Last edited by EmmittSmithx22x; 01-06-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:48 AM   #3
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

Coach Brandon of the Raiders

Welcome to Film Room, a Weekly spot with your host Dan Patrick. Each week we will invite a coach to the man cave and discuss their season so far. Get their insights on what is happen in the league as well as have some fun.

Dan: This Week, we have Coach Brandon from the Raiders. Coach welcome to the show.

Brandon: Thanks for having me Dan, pleasure to be here.

Dan: Thanks for coming on let’s get right into it. Your team went 7-9 this year. Is there one thing you could have fixed to have made the playoffs?

Brandon: Obviously what jumped out to me are the turnovers. We had too many turnovers. Ultimately you win and lose with the number of turnovers you have and unfortunately a 4-1 start wasn't enough to aid our 10k turnovers.

Dan: At (-14), your team was ranked 29th in the league in turnover differential. Your team was still beyond solid on defense. This year you ranked 7th in total points allowed that’s pretty good. You also only allowed 878 yards rushing for the entire year. That’s pretty impressive. What do you look for when stopping the run?

Brandon: We look to be the most physical team out on the field every single game. every team tends to have a huge key or tell-tale sign for what their rushing tendencies are. We love to utilize our dline in a 2 gap system to eat up blockers which allows our linebacker to pull their triggers into the holes to clog the running game.

Dan: There is no surprise Amari Cooper lead your team in receiving this year. The big surprise is the ball distribution. Not one player had 80….70….or even 60 catches on your team. But you had several players around 50. Do you try to make it a point to spread the ball around evenly out there?

Brandon: well I'd say for Amari he did miss around 5-7 games or so, which decreased where he probably would've been had he played in those games. But yes we do look to spread it around. We can't get to focused in on one guy or one route which tended to happen too often this year for my liking. Overall we aim for 3 or 4 guys with 50 catches and 700 yards and 5 tds if we are going off a "stat goal"

Dan: It’s safe to say Derrick Carr under-performed this year. He posted career lows in almost every stat category. Is he still your QB going forward at the start of next year and for the future?

Brandon: To end all rumors swirling around, Derek Carr is the future. We are building and moving forward with Carr as the future of the Raiders. We had a great 4-1 start but injuries really hindered this teams progress. He struggled this year but he was playing with a torn ligament in his vagina so that made him throw like JaMarcus Russell half the year. We hope to see the true Derek Carr this upcoming season.

Dan: I….I didn’t know a man can suffer from that Injury…anyway moving on. You’re a relatively new coach in the league, what are some other leagues have you played in before if any? And what is the first Madden you’ve played? Madden 92? 2000?

Brandon: I'm currently an admin for HPL and am the Patriots in said league and in a league with my 6 or 7 friends that also have madden 17. I've been playing since around 2000? I think. Whichever one had Marshall Faulk on the cover.

Dan: That would be Madden 2003. Also fun fact, that was the first online Madden in the entire series! Besides Coaching the Raiders and playing Madden, What other games do you play?

Brandon: Oh don't really play many other games during the Semester for college but I normally play COD, GTA, or NBA 2K when I want to throw my controller at a wall because of madden.

Dan: I have gone through my own fair share of controllers coach for the same reasons. As per tradition as we get close to the end of the interview, I like to ask. What is it you do for a living coach? Care to share any life highlights for yourself?

Brandon: Ironically I am also a football coach in real life. I am the head freshmen football coach to a high school in Minnesota and coach just about everything for varsity games. I'm also a sophomore in college so I'm probably one of the younger guys in this madden league.

Dan: I guess coach is a fitting nickname! Last Question Coach. I have to ask. What does FOMF stand for? There are a couple of coaches with that tag. The whole world is dying to know!

Brandon: Well now it's a long and boring story to be honest but to make it the most interesting it basically came for **** talking back when I was still playing high-school football on the oline with my buddies (xFOMFxBigTuna was one of the fellow linemen with me) and it just stuck and it carried over to COD and eventually our usernames when we got PS4's.

Dan: But keeping the meaning a secret still I see. We will have to get it out of you one of these days over a drink or two. Coach thanks for your time!

Brandon: Thank you very much. Anytime you want me back Holla atcha boy.

OS
VETS Madden League:

Last edited by EmmittSmithx22x; 01-15-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:46 PM   #4
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

Coach DrTurtle of the Packers

Welcome to Film Room, a Weekly spot with your host Dan Patrick. Each week we will invite a coach to the man cave and discuss their season so far. Get their insights on what is happen in the league as well as have some fun.

Dan: This Week, leaping all the way from lambaeu…field…..we have Coach DrTurtle from the Packers. Coach welcome!

DrTurtle: Thanks for having me Dan! Fan of your show.

Dan: The new season is in full swing. Your team gave a great effort trying to come from behind but fell just short. Rogers seemed rusty, and your team only managed to run for 28 yards the entire game. What do you think is more important to improve upon from this loss the passing with Rodgers or finding a running game?

DrTurtle: I think finding a running game is the most important thing for our team after that game. After losing Eddie Lacy, I knew it would be a struggle to get Jamaal Charles in a flow with the line and tight ends. After losing Charles for a few weeks now, it will be an even bigger struggle to get things going. I have complete confidence in our rookie HB DJ Lockett to fill in for Jamaal sufficiently and sustain a running game to get Aaron going.

Dan: The Rookie running back definitely has some huge shoes to fill. Speaking of rookies with big shoes. Chase Hatch. Holy cow what a find for you team. This guy lead all TE’s with 99 catches 1383 yards and 8 TDs last year as a rookie. Tell us a little about him, what did you see that made you draft him out of Florida?

DrTurtle: Out of Florida, we saw first off that Chase was an incredible athlete and he had the hands to succeed at the next level. Last year we really focused on Chase’s releases of the line and his ability to run routes. We were lucky for him to fall to us in the middle of the first round. We are looking for Chase to be our go to guy for Aaron this season.

Dan: Word on the Street is that a Coach in the League that goes by the name EmmittSmithx22x sees a lot of UCLA talent on your roster and wants to make a trade for all of them. Have you ever considered getting a restraining order against a fellow coach before?

DrTurtle: Haha, Emmitt is just fine, but he can’t have any of them! We are looking to try and implement Brett Hundley into our offense more this year with specific packages for him. Kenny Clark has taken a bigger role on our line for us this year as well. As far as coaches go, boy do I not like that one dude Cheesybake15. Will never make a deal with him again.

Dan: Haha shots fired! as the kids would say, lets go back to college for a second. Is there a school out there that you would drive people crazy to trade for? What is your college of choice?

DrTurtle: I would definitely be interested in most players coming out of the University of Wisconsin. Melvin Gordon would be my player of choice if I had to choose one to trade for based on college. Guy was a beast!

Dan: Did you know Jamaal Charles is 10 yards away from breaking 10,000 yards for his career? Clearly he is in the twilight of his career but he is so close to an amazing milestone. If you were a player in the league what would mean more to you. 30,000 passing yards or 10,000 rushing yards?

DrTurtle: I think 10,000 rushing yards is much more impressive. With the beating these runners take, having a career long enough to rush for 10,000 yards is an amazing accomplishment.

Dan: I tend to agree. We do have a nice crop of HB's coming into the league but it seems that AP is going to be the last of a dying bread which is the 10+ year HB. Ok coach we know about Chase Hatch, is there a player who we should keep our eye on this year? Or is there a player on your team that doesn’t get the credit he deserves?

DrTurtle: Oh yes, RE Mike Daniels is a beast on the defensive line. He ended up finishing 2nd last year in defensive lineman of the year. I expect him to elevate his game even more this year with our rookie OLB VJ Tyms taking some of the double teams away from Mike and onto himself. To start off the year, VJ finished with 4 sacks in his first professional game. They will be a dynamic combination on the line.

Dan: Let’s have some fun. There is no debating that Aaron Rodgers is on another level when it comes to QBs. Let’s say for 1 game he is unavailable. Who you starting: Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan?

DrTurtle: Romo! He never got the credit he deserves. Eli is way past his prime, Ryan has extremely good weapons. Give room a set of weapons like Dak has this year, they might win the Super Bowl.

Dan: Romo was tough as nails on the field, in the end it was the staying on the field part that was his undoing....unfortunate, but I digress. Right about now is when I ask people what they do outside of league, but you are the youngest of the coaches we have so I will ask you this instead: What are your plans outside of madden. Got a College in mind? Any career aspirations?

DrTurtle: Right now I hope to attend the University of Wisconsin in two years. I have no career aspirations at this time but I would love to attend Madison.

Dan: Well I certainly hope you find your calling. Computer Science is a booming field and who knows maybe you can be the one to "Make Madden Great Again!" as our President would say. Coach thank you for a great interview. Thanks for coming on today!

DrTurtle: Thank you for having me on! It was a pleasure and I hope to come on here again whenever you need me.

OS
VETS Madden League:

Last edited by EmmittSmithx22x; 01-22-2017 at 10:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > 4th and 1 »