Home

AWFL Sign-up & Wait List

This is a discussion on AWFL Sign-up & Wait List within the After Work Football League forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > After Work Football League
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2019, 05:33 PM   #1
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
AWFL Sign-up & Wait List

Thanks for your interest in After Work Football League.

Over the past several years, AWFL has evolved into one of the most stable & successful Xbox leagues in all of Madden. The core of our league has been playing together since the start of M15 back in Aug 2014, and thanks to low turnover and strong word-of-mouth, we've been fortunate enough to stay at a fully active 32 players since summer 2016!

If you are looking to make a long-term home in one of the best run, active & realism-focused leagues you will ever find, please feel free to connect with us to join the wait list.

You may reply to this thread, send me a private message on the forums, or (preferably) join our Discord server and contact me there. Open teams will not necessarily be granted on a first-come, first-serve basis; preference will be given to guys who exhibit responsiveness & activity in our Discord server to ensure we continue to maintain the strongest group of 32 members possible.

Features of our league include:
  • A stable league with a proven track record since M15! We look for players who want a long-term, franchise-building CFM home across good & bad seasons; not someone who wants to play a few H2H games on a whim.
  • 72 hr advances. Most weekday games expected to be played between 6-11p EST.
  • Casual time commitment but competitive league atmosphere--most of us are CFM vets at this point willing to teach what we know if you're new. We've gradually become a league with a lot of talent--just making the playoffs here is a challenge for most players.
  • A true focus on team building in addition to playing games. We simulate every other season over the course of about a week (i.e. seasons 2-4-6). This way, we get more seasons under our belt, which rewards smart cap management, talent acquisition, and player development. This has been a huge staple of our league since we started doing it in M15
  • We have multiple 'custom' things we do to enhance the team building experience for all 32 players, including but not limited to: data-driven progression tuning, fine-tuning the free agency process, and our NFL-matching compensatory pick process--the only league around that offers this!
  • Emphasis on NFL realism. It'll never be perfect, and we want to avoid unnecessary or overly restrictive rules whenever possible. But the modern NFL will be used as the baseline for the kind of gameplay I expect to see (and how sliders are created to incentivize this kind of play).
  • The most realistic, data-driven H2H slider set available (I lead a data science team IRL and periodically compare league stats vs NFL to adjust sliders for the most realistic H2H gameplay Madden can provide).
  • 12 min quarters (~1h 15m for a typical game) plus aforementioned realism sliders lead to a (gasp!) much greater focus on defense and field position. Play Madden the way it was meant to be played. Run the ball. Put together drives. Scoring should be difficult! Expect some defensive slugfests and a faster pass-rush. Expect punting & field position to actually matter. Expect ~118 plays per game, just below NFL #s.
  • We complete 7 seasons each cycle (4 full user seasons + 3 simmed regular seasons).
  • Active Discord server for league chat, trade banter, scheduling, etc.

Requirements:
Madden 22 Wait List
Updated Jan 12, 2021
  1. rayv8r
  2. Instant C1a55ic
  3. Nich CR

A recent profile/interview where our league was featured if you want to get a better sense for what separates AWFL from the crowd!
https://leaguecrawler.com/league-cra...madden-league/

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 02-01-2022 at 10:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: M20 Sign-up & Wait List

I joined the Discord channel and would like to be added to the wait list please.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I’d like to hop on Madden 20 waitlist.

GT: Big Suge Knight
Old 07-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #4
Just started!

Signed up on Discord and would love to be added to the wait list.

GT - Cane Lern It
Old 07-29-2019, 12:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Is the wait list to see if current member dont return?

Gt birdssincebirth
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 06:03 PM   #6
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdssince86
Is the wait list to see if current member dont return?

Gt birdssincebirth
Fortunately we do have a fully active 32 ready for day 1, almost all of whom are returning members. The wait list is over and above that. If you are up for waiting a while for a truly high quality league with low turnover and 32/32 all cycle, hit me up in Discord. Thanks for the interest!

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-03-2019, 04:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Kohdiferous's Arena

Joined the discord it would be awesome to join the waitlist.

gt: kohdiferous
Old 08-06-2019, 12:02 AM   #8
Rookie

I’d like to join. Expressed interest a week or so ago to a member.

GT- nellycuz

Will look you up on discord! Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > After Work Football League »