Home

Casey Powell Lacrosse 16

This is a discussion on Casey Powell Lacrosse 16 within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2016, 07:21 AM   #81
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Casey Powell Lacrosse 16

The game is actually very good. After 3 quick matches (Junior level) my initial impressions:

+ Fun gameplay. Even a newbie can pick up the game and play.
+ Smooth animations.
+ Shooting mechanics are great.
+ Goalies were ok in my 3 games. Around 50-60% saves.
+ Deep customization.
+ AAA quality menus.
+ It feels that the AI is quite clever. Need to test more.
+ Defensive alignments look fine but it will take a lot of work to defend efficiently.
+ Graphics. This engine is gorgeous at times.
+ Subs system works fine.

- Off-ball movement/inside cuts may need some extra work by the devs. I'm not a Lacrosse expert though and I don't know much about the formations and specific tactics. Maybe some fellow OS members could offer guidance regarding this aspect of the sport.
- Commentary, oh well, it's OKish but it needs more colour and lines.
- Face-offs. I won many of those following the on-screen controls prompts but it felt random at times.
- Defensive transition after losing a face-off. This is probably my fault as I conceded many quick goals after I lost a face-off. Again guidance would be great guys.

I have a feeling the game might end somewhat repetitive but most probably this is because I need to improve my defensive skills/checks. I scored some great dive goals after good offensive combinations though and it was very satisfying.
Also, what's a realistic combination of quarter minutes/scorelines?
That's all from me right now. Generally it's a great first effort and tbh I had more fun than the latest EA's NHL games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 08:26 AM   #82
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by linden908
if you could that would be great, I would drop one team as a teaser and release all at same time. imo, if you do share a team, can it be duke please

Duke, Maryland, ND, and VMI going up as we speak.

PSN: KingCole91
Old 03-17-2016, 08:33 AM   #83
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Casey Powell Lacrosse 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
The game is actually very good. After 3 quick matches (Junior level) my initial impressions:

+ Fun gameplay. Even a newbie can pick up the game and play.

+ Smooth animations.

+ Shooting mechanics are great.

+ Goalies were ok in my 3 games. Around 50-60% saves.

+ Deep customization.

+ AAA quality menus.

+ It feels that the AI is quite clever. Need to test more.

+ Defensive alignments look fine but it will take a lot of work to defend efficiently.

+ Graphics. This engine is gorgeous at times.

+ Subs system works fine.

- Off-ball movement/inside cuts may need some extra work by the devs. I'm not a Lacrosse expert though and I don't know much about the formations and specific tactics. Maybe some fellow OS members could offer guidance regarding this aspect of the sport.

- Commentary, oh well, it's OKish but it needs more colour and lines.

- Face-offs. I won many of those following the on-screen controls prompts but it felt random at times.

- Defensive transition after losing a face-off. This is probably my fault as I conceded many quick goals after I lost a face-off. Again guidance would be great guys.

I have a feeling the game might end somewhat repetitive but most probably this is because I need to improve my defensive skills/checks. I scored some great dive goals after good offensive combinations though and it was very satisfying.

Also, what's a realistic combination of quarter minutes/scorelines?

That's all from me right now. Generally it's a great first effort and tbh I had more fun than the latest EA's NHL games.

Offense in Lax is almost a cross between Hockey and Basketball. Some screens, off ball movement, get the ball behind goal and work it from there if you want. It's really up to you.

As far as D goes. Make sure you're holding L2 at all times. Use your stick checks second and the body first to keep guys out of the middle. On fast breaks try and wait as long as possible before committing to the ball hoping your teammates can get back. Once you commit to the ball the CPU will burn if they have an advantage like 4 on 3.

As far as quarters. I'm playing in 6 minutes. Top teams in college score around 12 goals a game by seasons end. Lower teams scored about 6. With 9-10 being the average.

Hope this helped you.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:46 AM   #84
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Streaming Live at https://www.twitch.tv/tc020791

Duke vs ND

Will try and figure out how to post video after for anyone who wants to see gameplay footage
Old 03-17-2016, 09:42 AM   #85
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Casey Powell Lacrosse 16

Can't get the video to upload to Youtube at the moment, hopefully it will later. In the mean time, here's the box score from the game. This was another really fun game. As you can see there were a few guys with 5+ points, which is always fun to see. I had a chance late when I cut it to 13-11 with :37 left. I won the ensuing face-off and got a really good look at goal to get myself within 1 with :25 left. But the goalie made a really good save, one of his best all game, and I couldn't complete the comeback.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458222158.126907.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 12:00 PM   #86
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Offense in Lax is almost a cross between Hockey and Basketball. Some screens, off ball movement, get the ball behind goal and work it from there if you want. It's really up to you.

As far as D goes. Make sure you're holding L2 at all times. Use your stick checks second and the body first to keep guys out of the middle. On fast breaks try and wait as long as possible before committing to the ball hoping your teammates can get back. Once you commit to the ball the CPU will burn if they have an advantage like 4 on 3.

As far as quarters. I'm playing in 6 minutes. Top teams in college score around 12 goals a game by seasons end. Lower teams scored about 6. With 9-10 being the average.

Hope this helped you.
Is it possible to call for screens in the game? I guess not, am I right?
Old 03-17-2016, 12:03 PM   #87
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Is it possible to call for screens in the game? I guess not, am I right?

Not that I know of
Old 03-17-2016, 05:33 PM   #88
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Streaming live, if anyone wants to see the roster making process and some gameplay footage. I'm currently doing Denver right now, it should take about 30-45 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/tc020791

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »