Home

Casey Powell Lacrosse 16

This is a discussion on Casey Powell Lacrosse 16 within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2016, 03:22 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Casey Powell Lacrosse 16

So I picked this up since I am a fan of Big Ant as a developer and I have been loving it, ironically it's probably more enjoyable then their bigger budgeted titles.

Scored a great goal today from a big defensive stop and some great interplay.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:02 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

downloading now...
Old 03-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #35
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Gonna download this tonight. If anyone wants to play a game, my gamertag is the same as my os name
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2016, 05:23 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Please guys keep the impressions coming. Thinking about getting this but I'm on the fence. Honestly I don't know much about the sport but have always wanted to get into it. Thinking this game might do for me what Fifa did way back in the sega Genesis days. I have watched whatever videos I could find on YouTube. Basically I'd like to know how sim this game is and how "random" the game play is. I like games where I fee anything can happen and doesn't have that scripted feel. No joke I dvr'd 2 lacrosse games on ESPN u today. I just need to get up to speed on rules and strategies.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVenom
Please guys keep the impressions coming. Thinking about getting this but I'm on the fence. Honestly I don't know much about the sport but have always wanted to get into it. Thinking this game might do for me what Fifa did way back in the sega Genesis days. I have watched whatever videos I could find on YouTube. Basically I'd like to know how sim this game is and how "random" the game play is. I like games where I fee anything can happen and doesn't have that scripted feel. No joke I dvr'd 2 lacrosse games on ESPN u today. I just need to get up to speed on rules and strategies.
I am no expert in Lacrosse and was basically in the same position as yourself.

Anyway in terms of AI, they are fairly ruthless. Playing at the second highest difficulty level I felt out of my depth. Currently play the medium difficulty (Junior) and just got handed a 9-4 defeat.

What I like though is the AI mixes it up they don't always resort to pure cheese, they will pass it around and the biggest thing is that they understand space and by god if you give them any sort of space they will exploit it.

That being said defending in this game is extremely hard, one bad mistake seems to result in the AI getting a high percentage shot off. I think this is mainly due to there being only a single way to switch player and you can't have greater control over that.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #38
Rookie

Hey Stevo, thank for that info. So it sounds like there is 4 difficulty levels. I would say most games I play either the 2nd from the top but once in awhile I drop it to pro(or 3rd from the top). I try and play with zero cheese and find that at the top level(like all madden) you have to play the game using more video game skills than just executing in whatever sport you are playing, if that makes sense. I like that you say they mix it up. I'm defenitly leaning towards getting it. Wish it was a 30 or 40 dollar game. It's not that I'm cheap but rather that I buy way to many video games than a married 39 year old with 2 kids should. Lol. But then I think hey it's Saturday night and I'm gunna be home all night, if I was younger I would spend double the price of the game going out.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:47 PM   #39
Rookie

One other question, how often are passes missed. Are there clean misses that never even get to the intended target and are there balls that just bounce off the receiver and or defender. I really don't know how often passes go errant or are mishandled in real life.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVenom
One other question, how often are passes missed. Are there clean misses that never even get to the intended target and are there balls that just bounce off the receiver and or defender. I really don't know how often passes go errant or are mishandled in real life.
Following up on this post. In the three videos that Ive seen there seems to be very few if any ground balls. Same thing with shots--I haven't seen any bounce shots. Can someone with the game and a much larger sample size let us know if they are seeing the ball on the ground.

Thank you.
Tony

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »