Home

Old 01-29-2019, 12:25 PM   #9
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Rugby 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I can completely agree Rugby 18 was quite decent after patching. The impression I got with it was similar to how I felt about RC3 in the way I wish each could get another iteration. I could actually get RC3 to play some decent rugby with sliders, but it certainly needed more development. The career mode needed some key additions tuning, and fixes as well. Rugby 18 needs another release, and a proper career mode. That, plus a similar collection of licenses and more stadiums would put it close to EA Rugby games for me.
In May of last year an Eko employee tweeted an image of a rugby ball in a motion capture studio, and since then people have been waiting for more information.

My hope...something releases this year with World Cup branding, etc. It definitely seems like at one point they were working on a follow-up—we'll see.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:18 PM   #10
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Rugby 18

So far, I like that the gameplay actually seems deeper than RC3. The ability to play the ball from a ruck once you have advantage is amazing, especially as you have a few seconds to wait.

The breakdown happens much faster, lineouts are fun with the fake, and the AI plays for territory and doesn’t just offload like mad (so far).

It’s far from perfect, but it seems more like rugby than RC3 as of now, and much less arcade feeling.

Last edited by Krebstar; 01-30-2019 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:14 PM   #11
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
So far, I like that the gameplay actually seems deeper than RC3. The ability to play the ball from a ruck once you have advantage is amazing, especially as you have a few seconds to wait.

The breakdown happens much faster, lineouts are fun with the fake, and the AI plays for territory and doesn’t just offload like mad (so far).

It’s far from perfect, but it seems more like rugby than RC3 as of now, and much less arcade feeling.
I just cannot drop $59 dollars on it, maybe if goes on sale.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden 19 - Falcons year 2
(Mizzourah setup)
PES19 - Everton ML
(Matt's setup)
FIFA 19 - (Aaron's setup)
Show 18 - Braves year 2
(default AS quick counts)
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
(Jay Ironhooks pro star)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 05:15 PM   #12
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar

How is career mode? In depth or shallow?

Madden 19 - Falcons year 2
(Mizzourah setup)
PES19 - Everton ML
(Matt's setup)
FIFA 19 - (Aaron's setup)
Show 18 - Braves year 2
(default AS quick counts)
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
(Jay Ironhooks pro star)
Old 04-08-2019, 02:15 AM   #13
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

OVR: 0

What's the final word on this? The reviews have been PUTRID but maybe those were written pre-patch?

RC3 is imperfect but fun, so I'd settle for a similar experience from Rugby 18 as long as the price comes down a bit. But it'd be nice to play some Top 14...
Old 04-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #14
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

I just stuck with some RC3? After watching some broadcasts of r18 not impressed with horrible AI.

Madden 19 - Falcons year 1
FIFA 19 - NewCastle year 1
Show 19 - Braves year 1
NHL 19 - Avalanche year 1
RLL4 - Sydney Roosters
RC3 - Highlanders/USA
Old 05-29-2019, 01:58 AM   #15
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3

A new Rugby game from the creators of Rugby 18 has been announced. There are several YouTube videos about it's announcement but not much detail.

I'm very excited. I passed on 18 because I heard it wasn't very good, but a lot of people thought it had potential in the future. I'm hoping they learned a lot and deliver a good game. Can't wait to see it. It will have to be pretty bad for me not to get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »