Home

Old 10-25-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
Rookie

tjung0831's Arena

OVR: 0
Rugby 18

Saw that the day one edition is out. Been watching all the game play vids...not a lot of flow to the game. 1gb patch coming on Friday though. If anybody has it, please post your thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Rugby 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjung0831
Saw that the day one edition is out. Been watching all the game play vids...not a lot of flow to the game. 1gb patch coming on Friday though. If anybody has it, please post your thoughts.
I miss EA's Rugby games. I played the living hell out of Rugby 06 and 08. Think I played both more than Madden those years. LOVED them.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

After I saw this eventually go down to around $20 on Amazon and I saw some promising videos after the large patch they made, I went ahead and ordered this to scratch my rugby union itch—arrives tomorrow, can't wait.

As much as I enjoyed Rugby Challenge 3, it was so hard for it to play too realistically, but Rugby 18 actually seems to be...decent after they made their large update. It's something different, at least.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #4
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
After I saw this eventually go down to around $20 on Amazon and I saw some promising videos after the large patch they made, I went ahead and ordered this to scratch my rugby union itch—arrives tomorrow, can't wait.

As much as I enjoyed Rugby Challenge 3, it was so hard for it to play too realistically, but Rugby 18 actually seems to be...decent after they made their large update. It's something different, at least.

I’ll be curious to hear your impressions. Active player here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I’ll be curious to hear your impressions. Active player here.

I'm excited to give it a shot. It looks far from perfect, but it still seems the AI will play more realistically than RC3, even with editing tactics in RC3.

How are the difficulty levels? Also, I'd love to know what the half/game length options are. Can you do fifteen-minute halves or does it jump from ten to twenty?

Last edited by Krebstar; 01-28-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2019, 03:13 PM   #6
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I'm excited to give it a shot. It looks far from perfect, but it still seems the AI will play more realistically than RC3, even with editing tactics in RC3.

How are the difficulty levels? Also, I'd love to know what the half/game length options are. Can you do fifteen-minute halves or does it jump from ten to twenty?

I meant active player as I actually play the sport now. I didn’t buy the game call all the rugby gamers said it was trash.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:06 PM   #7
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I meant active player as I actually play the sport now. I didn’t buy the game call all the rugby gamers said it was trash.

Haha, gotcha. It looked like garbage when it was released by the large patch seemed to have fixed many things.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:21 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I can completely agree Rugby 18 was quite decent after patching. The impression I got with it was similar to how I felt about RC3 in the way I wish each could get another iteration. I could actually get RC3 to play some decent rugby with sliders, but it certainly needed more development. The career mode needed some key additions tuning, and fixes as well. Rugby 18 needs another release, and a proper career mode. That, plus a similar collection of licenses and more stadiums would put it close to EA Rugby games for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »