Home

Rugby Challenge 4 Available Now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch - Launch Trailer

This is a discussion on Rugby Challenge 4 Available Now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch - Launch Trailer within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2020, 08:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Rugby Challenge 4 Available Now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch - Launch Trailer

Rugby Challenge 4 is available now on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch for...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2020, 10:33 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Rugby Challenge 4 Available Now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch -

Learned about rugby when I lived in NZ for a couple of years and fell in love with the game. IMHO, much better than soccer!

Bought the game yesterday and played a couple of play now games. Edited some unlicensed teams. Created some kits in the creator. Started a career as USA and Highlanders. Beat England with USA in a thriller 16-14 on a last second drop goal. Here are my quick impressions.

+ Graphics and Unreal Engine are a plus. Pitch and players are well detailed and big step up from Rugby Challenge 3
+ Addition of set plays is nice. I used a couple to my advantage! Wish there were more set plays though.
+ Menu and in game presentation is easier to read and more colorful than RC3.
+ Customization! Creators are fantastic for players, teams, kits (could use a logo uploader/editor though to make it perfect
+ Sliders are your friend. People are complaining about the hectic pace. If you turn down the Attacking and Defending Urgency sliders to a little less than half the pace is great. You can pretty much set the pace with these sliders.
- Frame rate (hopefully will be fixed as game is now in Early Access
- Missing licenses to NSW Waratahs, Mitre 10 Cup (NZ domestic competition), Australian Cup
- 99% same commentary as Rugby Challenge 3

Last edited by baconbits11; 07-29-2020 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:39 PM   #3
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Rugby Challenge 4 Available Now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch -

I watched some videos on this, felt like I was just watching RC3?? Anyone else, not much difference, including gameplay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Learned about rugby when I lived in NZ for a couple of years and fell in love with the game. IMHO, much better than soccer!

Bought the game yesterday and played a couple of play now games. Edited some unlicensed teams. Created some kits in the creator. Started a career as USA and Highlanders. Beat England with USA in a thriller 16-14 on a last second drop goal. Here are my quick impressions.

+ Graphics and Unreal Engine are a plus. Pitch and players are well detailed and big step up from Rugby Challenge 3
+ Addition of set plays is nice. I used a couple to my advantage! Wish there were more set plays though.
+ Menu and in game presentation is easier to read and more colorful than RC3.
+ Customization! Creators are fantastic for players, teams, kits (could use a logo uploader/editor though to make it perfect
+ Sliders are your friend. People are complaining about the hectic pace. If you turn down the Attacking and Defending Urgency sliders to a little less than half the pace is great. You can pretty much set the pace with these sliders.
- Frame rate (hopefully will be fixed as game is now in Early Access
- Missing licenses to NSW Waratahs, Mitre 10 Cup (NZ domestic competition), Australian Cup
- 99% same commentary as Rugby Challenge 3
PSN: TheGritsBlitz

Current Franchises:
Madden 20 - Falcons 2005
Madden 20 - Online Dolphins
PES 2020 - Orlando City
The Show 20 - Braves 88
Old 08-02-2020, 02:32 AM   #4
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3

Anyone know if there is an advantage to either the PS4 or Xbox version? Graphics? Performance? I don't know what console to get it on.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:37 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
I watched some videos on this, felt like I was just watching RC3?? Anyone else, not much difference, including gameplay?

PSN: TheGritsBlitz

Current Franchises:
Madden 20 - Falcons 2005
Madden 20 - Online Dolphins
PES 2020 - Orlando City
The Show 20 - Braves 88
Yes, set plays are a game changer. True, there is a lot recycled from RC3, but I felt it was worth the upgrade, especially if they add a lot in upcoming patches. You may want to wait until the full game is revealed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
Anyone know if there is an advantage to either the PS4 or Xbox version? Graphics? Performance? I don't know what console to get it on.
Both versions appear to be alike, the switch version has slightly worse graphics.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:33 AM   #7
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3

I've been reading impressions of the game on YouTube video comments. Some say there are frame rate drops. I read some people complaining about xbox. But then saw a few complaining about ps4. I have no idea which version to buy.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
I've been reading impressions of the game on YouTube video comments. Some say there are frame rate drops. I read some people complaining about xbox. But then saw a few complaining about ps4. I have no idea which version to buy.
From reading their Facebook and wickedwitch.au page, it looks as if they are working on adding online play and cleaning up framerates for the first patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »