Home

Poker Club Announced, Coming to Current and Next-Gen Consoles Later This Year - Trailer and Some Details Here

This is a discussion on Poker Club Announced, Coming to Current and Next-Gen Consoles Later This Year - Trailer and Some Details Here within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2020, 04:37 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Poker Club Announced, Coming to Current and Next-Gen Consoles Later This Year - Trailer and Some Details Here

Ripstone Games has announced Poker Club, scheduled to arrive later this year for both current-gen and...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
I just can’t see myself playing poker if it’s not for real money. I would have to imagine you would have to really really like poker to pick up this game*
Old 09-03-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
sfx
Rookie

Re: Poker Club Announced, Coming to Current and Next-Gen Consoles Later This Year - T

If you really like poker, you've already figured out how to play on real money sites or for play money on those sites. This is a very strange offering. I wonder what market they're going after and how they've 'arcade game'd' poker.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Re: Poker Club Announced, Coming to Current and Next-Gen Consoles Later This Year - T

I think what they're going for, is a "career mode," so to speak, for poker. Those were a lot more common a couple generations ago: think World Championship Poker back on PS2, and perhaps even the WPT game on PS2.

Console developers got a little skittish about poker in general back around 2006, for obvious reasons. I think the problem in subsequent years was, how do you put out a decent poker game on consoles, that doesn't come across as, for lack of a better term, pointless? How do you "game-ify" a card game into a console experience?

It looks like what they're doing, is adding a sense of character and career progression, in order to give users the emotional hook that's needed for a longitudinal console title.

Intriguing. Worth keeping an eye on.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:10 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Let me guess, Fortnite dancing emotes after winning a game? Hotdog burger and sushi costume dlc to wear at the poker table? You know every game publisher wants that little kid money now

Edit: "Poker Club is designed as a social experience, in line with the increasing online community-led nature of the gaming landscape...Poker Club will connect players with friends and poker fans around the world...working towards shared goals that unlock rewards...customizable gear... meaning the best way to play is together..."

Didn't even read that paragraph at first but it seems I was dead on. Not a surprise

Last edited by segarr; 09-04-2020 at 03:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »