Home

HOPE IS ALIVE

This is a discussion on HOPE IS ALIVE within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2005, 05:08 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: HOPE IS ALIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
Um...
Matt's not a programmer.
He's one of their senior PR staff - and he represents their entire line of products.
In fact, his job is to do exactly what you saw - relate with the gaming press and help market their games.

You're reading way, way, way too much into things based on inaccurate information.

There is another title that's now in the 2K Games family that would likely look spectacular on Xbox 360, however... and it rhymes with "thinks".

Links!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:51 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
Um...
Matt's not a programmer.
He's one of their senior PR staff - and he represents their entire line of products.
In fact, his job is to do exactly what you saw - relate with the gaming press and help market their games.

You're reading way, way, way too much into things based on inaccurate information.

There is another title that's now in the 2K Games family that would likely look spectacular on Xbox 360, however... and it rhymes with "thinks".
Footballinks

Last edited by Ram209; 05-24-2005 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #51
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k
as far as that admin, he also said that 2k5 leagues and online play will be supported thoughout the 2k6 season if need be!!! im soo happy about that. of course no roster updates,etc but i already made one and there's others that have made them for the 2k6 season. i dunno bout u guys, but my tm has had little turnover anyway.
I have already come to grips that there will be no new football game from 2k this year, but when does the NFL exclusive license kick in? Isn't it for 2006?

If so, 2k can really stick it to EA by releasing a roster update before then. Even if it is only for online play. I think that would take a good number of customers away from EA.

I feel that 2k took what EA did personally. This is evident in the "3rd party" exclusive rights for baseball. They basically said, everyone can make a baseball game except EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2005, 09:14 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 16

A roster update wont take anything away from EA, buying Madden in August has become a routine for too many ppl (Millions of ppl), not to mention, wait until they start to promote the game on TV and Magazines.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 AM   #53
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
A roster update wont take anything away from EA, buying Madden in August has become a routine for too many ppl (Millions of ppl), not to mention, wait until they start to promote the game on TV and Magazines.
EA would still make millions, I know that. But I am sure that the online gamer who really can't stand Madden's gameplay would not buy Madden (this gen Madden that is. Next gen may be another story) and continue to play 2k this year.

I guess I just posted what I would like to happen, so I can enjoy video football this year. I do hope the next gen Madden is great, but we'll have to wait and see on that.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:29 PM   #54
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

while millions will buy madden simply because of instinct like the salmon of capistrano, i finally understand that the gaming industry is changing. on ea rep said maddens competition is halo and games of that nature. he did that to dis 2k but there is truth to it. there was too much money, too much name recognition, too much spin off factor, too much at stake for the future and too much history invested for ea to not get the license. they had to do it.

i am starting to believe that for many gamers, the games are becoming so deep and engrossing that the shelf life for how many games a person can play is shrinking. plus their patience is waning. why play games that dont meet up to more engrossing or less buggy games? i wasted a lot of time fixing mlb 2k5 this year when i could have been playing better games.

you look at the non-sports games. if you play a shooter or rpg, it can take 40 hours or more. if you play one of the deep quality sports franchises, like college hoops, you can play for months and still find enjoyment. this crowds out the need to buy all the sports games like years past.

in 98 i could play madden, ncaa football, nba live, nhl, and triple play and devote enough time because they didnt take much time to play a game and the franchises were minimal for multiple season enjoyment. but now, these games have as much off the field as on the field action.

i lost interest in football single player this year. playing a buddy and experiencing amazing sim game & playing college hoops 2k4 until the release 2k5 took care of that. this career mode in mlb 2006 will kill a lot of time this summer when i dont play games as much as the winter. buy the fall, i will be ready for college hoops 2k6 & x-men legends 2.

i like gaming. but i dont make money gaming. so the time i spend must meet the immersion factor to be worth it. i still have 2k5 for playing my buddy and that should serve me well. maybe in a few years i will get my football desire to purchase a madden game, but right now, it doesnt compete with many other types of games i enjoy.

Last edited by Radja; 05-24-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:50 PM   #55
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Is there a way that VC/TT can release say a graphics/animation patch that could be downloaded along with an roster update? Wishful thinking I know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2005, 02:47 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

2ksports licensing agreement has expired with the NFL. They CANNOT release anything related to the NFL. No rosters (NFL Players) or logo/graphic updates (NFL). When it says "EXCLUSIVE LICENSE", it means anything that is related, a likeness, or mentions the NFL......EA owns-video gamewise. The roster update would break EA's agreement because you are trying to represent happenings in the 2005 football season, and 2ksports agreement ended after the 2004 season finished.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »