Home

Idea: 2K6 Legends, only 12 teams....?

This is a discussion on Idea: 2K6 Legends, only 12 teams....? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 12:32 PM   #25
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Idea: 2K6 Legends, only 12 teams....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'd say at least 16 teams. Two conferences with 2 divisions of 4 teams in each division.
16 would be cool i guess..I think my main point of my rant was that if 2K mimiced a fantasy setting, it could on to something big and unique.

you could show an ad where a guy has his online mic and is talking trash to his friend while bragging about how cool his team name and logo is..stuff like that so people see the parallels to the fantasy game..I think it would be an amazing marketing angle..hire me 2K! heh.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
16 would be cool i guess..I think my main point of my rant was that if 2K mimiced a fantasy setting, it could on to something big and unique.

you could show an ad where a guy has his online mic and is talking trash to his friend while bragging about how cool his team name and logo is..stuff like that so people see the parallels to the fantasy game..I think it would be an amazing marketing angle..hire me 2K! heh.

What do you guys think?
I don't think they should hire you.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #27
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

NO NO NO NO NO.

We want the same amount of teams as the real NFL and we want likenesses. Period. We want a league that replicates the NFL and allows us to fully edit everything.

no 12 team league, no 16 team league. no. we want the game to compete with Madden but be generic. make it a simulation of football and make it be the best simulator ever, with enormous possibilities to custom everything from playbooks, to cities, to logos, to players, everything.

then, and only then, would this product have a chance at Madden. and, in all honesty, now is the time. Madden took a big dive on the next gen system the 360, and next year if 2K put out a game like the previous 2K offerings it would sell sell sell. people want good, quality football and they want it to look and act like the REAL nfl, period.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:31 PM   #28
MVP

Methlab's Arena

If that's the case why is 2k going to make a legends game? Why are there over 20 million people who play fantasy football online? If they wanted the exact teams as in the NFL why would they do this? Why would you want to try and mimic Madden when you can appeal to a market of 20 million plus?

They already have hinted at making a legends game. I kept all that in mind when I made my post.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #29
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

ok, you're right, i should have kept that in mind when replying to your post.

i think they need to have some type of advertising "scheme" to sell their product. but, to really draw a crowd, they'll need to also make it possible to be a simulation of the real NFL as well. perhaps not right out of the box, but at least make it fully customizeable so that we could get a realistic NFL league out of it, with the players we know and love.

combining those together 2k could have a great game. allow those of us that want a real NFL game but also advertise it with the NFL Legends title to draw others in.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:44 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
If that's the case why is 2k going to make a legends game? Why are there over 20 million people who play fantasy football online? If they wanted the exact teams as in the NFL why would they do this? Why would you want to try and mimic Madden when you can appeal to a market of 20 million plus?

They already have hinted at making a legends game. I kept all that in mind when I made my post.

Wait wait wait. Let me see if I get your idea. Too much was typed at the top LOL and I've read too much today. But are you saying that they should create a game with a bunch of Legends, but you play it out Fantasy Football style? So like I would name my team, then pick Legends. So say I'm in an online league. We draft. For QB I select John Elway, RB Barry Sanders, WR Jerry Rice, TE Mark Bavaro, WR Michael Irvin, FB Tom Rathman. Defense I select either a team or some players? Hmmmm depends on what Fantasy Format to follow. Am I understanding this right? If so that might be pretty damn cool.

LB
Old 12-27-2005, 02:48 PM   #31
MVP

Methlab's Arena

well my idea really almost is not about team amounts anymore..it could simply not use the team nicknames and instead use the city..but have TONS of potential cities like Orlando, Tulsa, anywhere really. Obviously when you make a team like the Bills, they would be called Buffalo when the anouncer says their name.

keys:

Must have online databse where rosters can be updated. Must support leagues where everyone can use a universal customized roster. If that is the case, then you can have 32 NFL teams repped by their city. You can also have smaller (12-14 team) fantasy leagues where the players draft from the universal roster and the undrafted players sit on waivers.

I bet if this happens you will see a ton of fantasy leagues form and it will be extremely popular.

Another key would be to make the rosters liquid throughout the franchise (as an option) so for the guys playing offline, they can update their roster w/out having to restart the frannchise.

VIP must come back and be more detailed then ever.

Online should do like 2k5 and have a website for players to track their game stats.

Gameplay must rule..but you know it will.

Must have total customization of stadiums and unis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #32
MVP

Methlab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Wait wait wait. Let me see if I get your idea. Too much was typed at the top LOL and I've read too much today. But are you saying that they should create a game with a bunch of Legends, but you play it out Fantasy Football style? So like I would name my team, then pick Legends. So say I'm in an online league. We draft. For QB I select John Elway, RB Barry Sanders, WR Jerry Rice, TE Mark Bavaro, WR Michael Irvin, FB Tom Rathman. Defense I select either a team or some players? Hmmmm depends on what Fantasy Format to follow. Am I understanding this right? If so that might be pretty damn cool.

LB
exactly LB..but you can take it even further if you have a guy like Finn make a roster with every NFL player.

but yeah, why not have fantasy legends? i mean it would be awesome..you could have the Chicago D of 85.MArino at QB..Marcus allen running the ball..it could be sick as hell..as the game gets a few months old people will have full current NFL rosters that will be tweaked and made also and you can do a real fantasy league off of that with your own city and team uni,,just like you were using Yahoo Fantasy.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »