Home

Idea: 2K6 Legends, only 12 teams....?

This is a discussion on Idea: 2K6 Legends, only 12 teams....? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Idea: 2K6 Legends, only 12 teams....?

Make the legends game w/ less teams, but really great attention to detail. Online it will be easier to do leagues. Most great fantasy leagues are between 12-14 teams max. Make it feel like fantasy game.

Even better, make it just like a fantasy league where in dynasty mode you have a keeper, and do the money/contract drafting. you get D's in packages, same w/ online..and draft skill positions.

I think people would realy play a game like this online a lot. I figure less teams means more attention to individually crafting each team.

Something like that could be really huge if it played incredibly well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Idea: 2K6 Legends, only 12 teams....?

Here's what will happen: 2K may or may not put out a game in the next five years, if ever. But I personally can't imagine a 12 team game. Nowhere near enough consumer interest in that.

The video game market is changing fast. It's a big business that's getting bigger. Not much room anymore for games that stray from the cost-productive mainstream-content blueprint that attracts most gamers these days.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't want or need legends in a football game. For one thing too many hands to feed. Just give me a generic 2K Pro Football game and I'm straight. Although I wouldn't mind them getting the old USFL teams under their belt and use those teams and extend them to 32.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Make a completely customizable league football game that utilizes the engine of NFL 2K only for the next-gen systems. All the tools used to create/edit logos, jerseys, players, stadiums, ect. should be extremely in-depth and able to be downloaded through the next-gen's internet capabilities. It would also be great if they included a manual which explained all the ratings and how it should correlate to real life, so that we can get our created NFL players to play as close to themselves as possible. This game would be amazing as long as the team that created NFL 2K is behind it.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:12 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

yep.

i don't need any "legends" just a fully customizable game will keep me happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 11:26 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Make the legends game w/ less teams, but really great attention to detail. Online it will be easier to do leagues. Most great fantasy leagues are between 12-14 teams max. Make it feel like fantasy game.

Even better, make it just like a fantasy league where in dynasty mode you have a keeper, and do the money/contract drafting. you get D's in packages, same w/ online..and draft skill positions.

I think people would realy play a game like this online a lot. I figure less teams means more attention to individually crafting each team.

Something like that could be really huge if it played incredibly well.

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

The ESPN/2K Games series were the best football "sims" in the history of mankind. How could they release a game with only 12 teams?!?!?!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:35 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Are you kidding me?!?!?!

The ESPN/2K Games series were the best football "sims" in the history of mankind. How could they release a game with only 12 teams?!?!?!
Because it's not the NFL anymore, thanks to EA. Who cares how many teams there are?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:21 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

the legends idea is ***

I don't see why they don't put out a generic game for 30 bucks, and allow the user to alter the game via option files to change the team logos, jerseys, stadium etc.

Like what Winning Eleven 8 did, they allowed you to customize almost everything in that game. I'm sure someone would be done with the file in less than a month with some of you people loved this game
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »