Home

~Official 2K8 Generic Football Wishlist Thread~

This is a discussion on ~Official 2K8 Generic Football Wishlist Thread~ within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: ~Official 2K8 Generic Football Wishlist Thread~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
- Smarter OL AI. I want the OLinemen to be smart enough to pick up blitzes. The same for RB/FB that are hot-routed to block. Be smart enough to at least chip the blitzer coming around the end rather than look straight into line for someone coming up the middle

BigBlue
Gotta be more specific here. They can't pick up every blitz. The pass blocking will probably be scheme based. So for instance if you have PIG (Protect Inside Gap) and I got blitzes coming off both edges then at least one of them is getting in, because your Oline is going with a PIG scheme. Blocking needs to work, but blitzes do too.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 13

LBzrule:

You're right. Some blitzes have to work some of the time.

I'm basically talking about the DLine glitch here. It seems as if the OLinemen are predetermined to block the DLineman in front of them but somehow get confused when one of these linemen are Manually controlled.

I can understand the Olineman getting beat, but the HotBlocked RB/FB should then pick him up as my '2nd level' protection.

Would you agree? Or should I just say, eliminate the DLine glitch?

Also, another cool idea is one you just mentioned, assigning Off Line blocking schemes or perhaps the ability to audible and change them at the line.

BigBlue
Old 08-11-2006, 09:11 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

I think its going to happen the football game that is, look at it chronologically. The basketball game stated that create a player will be using the oblivion engine, followed by the 1up rumor and subsequently unofficial team names. Once they got access to a excellent create a player engine the possibilities open up like never before.

Anyways the wish list, Progressive fatigue like in the NBA game. Also from the NBA game the injury model. I love it when the players get injured and you see visual evidence of the injury via not been able to pull off moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
Actually, read and lead was in a PC football game in the early 90's. It may have been some version of Fever, I don't remember the name of the game.
read and lead was also in a genesis game in the early 90's primetime football starring deion sanders...it was a gr8 feature then, and is a gr8 feature now. .......
you and i share some of the same ideas,especially with the passing system... but let me add: accelerated clock better annimations(i expect there will be)
more ratings per player:
ex.:long,medium and short pass ratings for QB's
pressure/stadium performance rating
: players feel more pressure when playing in a rival stadium (like peyton in new england)
player ejections

Last edited by mr_president; 08-11-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
(i expect there will be) more ratings perplayer: ex.:long,medium and short pass ratings for QB's
Also, change the speed and strength ratings. Speed should be 100 yard dash times. Acceleration should be 10 and 40 yard dash times. Strength should be broken into lower body and upper body. Lower body based on squat weight and reps. Upper body based on bench press weight and reps.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
Also, change the speed and strength ratings. Speed should be 100 yard dash times. Acceleration should be 10 and 40 yard dash times. Strength should be broken into lower body and upper body. Lower body based on squat weight and reps. Upper body based on bench press weight and reps.

They had lower and upper body before in 2k3. Probably should have kept it.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
LBzrule:

You're right. Some blitzes have to work some of the time.

I'm basically talking about the DLine glitch here. It seems as if the OLinemen are predetermined to block the DLineman in front of them but somehow get confused when one of these linemen are Manually controlled.

I can understand the Olineman getting beat, but the HotBlocked RB/FB should then pick him up as my '2nd level' protection.

Would you agree? Or should I just say, eliminate the DLine glitch?

Also, another cool idea is one you just mentioned, assigning Off Line blocking schemes or perhaps the ability to audible and change them at the line.

BigBlue
Yeah, I'd say just can the Dline glitch.

Another thing I want to see them work on is WR routes. Let us hot route multiple players. For hot routes I'd like to see the Post and the Fade be added as options. Actually I'd like Post, Fade, Flat to be added as options. Some new routes I'd like in the game. One off the top of my head is Sluggo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #16
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Get rid of the speed burst button. But, add noticeable accelration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »