Home

Stop the Presses: There will be no PFL 2K7

This is a discussion on Stop the Presses: There will be no PFL 2K7 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #41
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Stop the Presses: There will be no PFL 2K7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It's well known? Really? Wasn't it the 2k crowd that bragged of how well they responded to the communities' wishes in comparison to EA? Haven't they been quick to come out with patches to fix problems before EA did? I know many VC employees have frequented this site and nfl2kx.com when it was focused on the game, listened and responded while there are nothing but tons of stories about how unapproachable many EA employees are.
Look, I'm one of the guys that worked with the NFL 2K5 developers in improving their leagues, and I can testify that OTHER THAN that game, 2K sports is DREADFUL in responding to their fanbase AFTER release. The most blatant example of this is NHL 2K5, where Kush blatantly and openly mines the most hardcore fans for months, and then abandons them in a sea of sloppy programming errors after release, only to slowly crawl back to them when it's time to fine-tune for the next release. Kush has done this a few years in a row now, so any one who gets upset about it should know better, but it's the same old act with some of the sloppiest developers around on an NHL that is still amazing, despite of all that.

MLB? What a joke - no help at all from 2K on that title.

Baa7 is on the money in his post. 2K is all well and good with relating with the fans when they want something from them, but will turn a cold shoulder when the fans need help and 2K will not directly benefit from helping them out (well, except for, you know, DEVELOPING GOOD WILL with your fanbase, but honestly, who cares about that?).

Last edited by Dondadda; 08-29-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #42
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
The criticism directed towards 2K is completely deserving. Hardly out of hand; on the contrary, IMO 2K gets too much of a free ride from people, in the same way Maddenites blindly defend EA.
Absolutely true.

This is one of the several reasons why we currently sit in a dark era for sports gaming. There isn't a single great multi-sport developer out there right now. It's really all about the "lesser of 2 evils" with 2K Sports. The good thing is that 2K can quickly remedy their problems, while EA is just something that I'm not sure can be fixed without a major restructuring.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
NFL 2K5 – Programming issues and broken features that never worked from the word go. No patch; no response from 2K regarding consumer complaints.

MLB 2K5 – Broken features, glitches galore; a game killing issue (passed balls) that some gamer eventually found a fix for. No patch; no response from 2K regarding the passed ball issue or consumer complaints.

NHL 2K6 360 – Glitches; freeze issues. No patch; no response from 2K regarding consumer complaints.

MLB 2K6 360 – Glitches; programming issues; freeze issues. No patch; no response from 2K regarding consumer complaints other than one “finalized” patch for the freeze issue that did not resolve the freeze issue for many gamers.

The criticism directed towards 2K is completely deserving. Hardly out of hand; on the contrary, IMO 2K gets too much of a free ride from people, in the same way Maddenites blindly defend EA.
I think the free ride is coming to an end. Consumers should hold 2k to the same standards we hold EA. We supported 2k when over the last 5 years their games been filled with bugs but MLB2k6 was the straw that broke the camel back.

The pr of 2k blew off over 1,000,000 consumers over the past 2 years. Fine, say you aren't going to make a new game but this "no comment" stance is a joke. EA lost MLB but didn't miss a beat with a NCAA title. The NCAA title is as generic as you can get. I can't name one college baseball player but I had the game on the first day. Why, because I like the MVP engine. Build a great game and the fans will come. I guess there is a reason why some companies come in 2nd place.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:30 PM   #44
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
False information alert!....The NFL/EA is an exclusive deal NOT a third paty exclusive deal. Sony, MS, 2K, Nintendo, 3DO, Turbo Graphx 16.....NO ONE can produce an NFL licensed game for the next 3 years.

3DO, Turbo Graphx 16
Old 08-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I see your point but lets be real here. If they announce a game next year or next week, you and everyone else on this board will be just as excited and will probably buy the game. Also, you cant expect a company to respond to every rumor that someone starts about a game. I wrote last Nov. that 2K had no plans to release a game in 2006 and other websites have done the same. With the exception of the ill advised posts on their forum by a moderator, 2K hasnt released any info that would lead someone to thinking that they planned to release a game in 2006.
I will buy the game in a New York minute but I think 2k really blew off their consumers. I give you respect for at least asking the questions of 2k but how can VC/t2 disregard your customers that supported their company since 9/9/99? How can 2k think this is good business.

I will also say you have always been a voice of moderation regarding VC next football game but 2 years later consumers can't get a clear answer regarding their future football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 06:49 AM   #46
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
NFL 2K5 – Programming issues and broken features that never worked from the word go. No patch; no response from 2K regarding consumer complaints.

MLB 2K5 – Broken features, glitches galore; a game killing issue (passed balls) that some gamer eventually found a fix for. No patch; no response from 2K regarding the passed ball issue or consumer complaints.

NHL 2K6 360 – Glitches; freeze issues. No patch; no response from 2K regarding consumer complaints.

MLB 2K6 360 – Glitches; programming issues; freeze issues. No patch; no response from 2K regarding consumer complaints other than one “finalized” patch for the freeze issue that did not resolve the freeze issue for many gamers.

NEXT-GEN sports gaming...biggest sham out there..i pitty the fools who spent money on next-gen for sports gaming
Old 08-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
NEXT-GEN sports gaming...biggest sham out there..i pitty the fools who spent money on next-gen for sports gaming
Thank you for your pity. My 360 is collecting dust. When the best and most innovative title is Table Tennis then we have problems.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:54 AM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
LOL...pity. I dont know about the rest of yall but I've enjoyed my next gen experience...NBA 2K6, Fight Night, NCAA, College Hoops were all great games in my opinion. Please dont pity me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »