Home

new 2k fooball game?

This is a discussion on new 2k fooball game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2006, 12:46 AM   #105
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: new 2k fooball game?

Hey guess what? We love football. We watch pop warner, high school, college, flag football, semi pro, pro football both NFL and CFL. This is a football country. EA even made Arena Football Game and a company even made a fictional football game where you made your own teams and took it online called Blitz. Why is it a big deal for a company to make a football game w/o a license.

The best football game I ever played was front page sports and it didn't have the teams and only players names but after a few seasons there were fictional names. Who care it was a great football game. I thought most people here would be very happy about any info regarding a new football game but some of these responses are close to trolling, IMO. Bah humbug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2006, 01:26 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 28

I think that 2K would do well with sales of a generic game. There are so many audiances for them to tap. You got people who have money to buy more than one game and will, you got some people who feel intimidated by Madden and would think that 2k is an alternative. You got people who just want something different. Bring the game out earlier than Madden and you got people who are early adopters and want the latest greatest the fastest.

Release date would be key in my opinion. 2K's game HAS to come out before Madden. That's a must. Or at least get EA to rush their product out before it's done, allow it to stink up the joint and then release 2K football when it's nice and done. Whatever they do 2k's game and EA's can't release at the same time. That only hurts 2K's sales.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:19 AM   #107
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I think that 2K would do well with sales of a generic game. There are so many audiances for them to tap. You got people who have money to buy more than one game and will, you got some people who feel intimidated by Madden and would think that 2k is an alternative. You got people who just want something different. Bring the game out earlier than Madden and you got people who are early adopters and want the latest greatest the fastest.

Release date would be key in my opinion. 2K's game HAS to come out before Madden. That's a must. Or at least get EA to rush their product out before it's done, allow it to stink up the joint and then release 2K football when it's nice and done. Whatever they do 2k's game and EA's can't release at the same time. That only hurts 2K's sales.
Definitely...release a game during the summer when a lot of people are craving a new football game (though I'm sure most of us are craving a football game around draft time every year).

I think the Xbox Live Marketplace would also help open up the market. The fact that people could try a demo to experience something different and possibly be won over is huge. Heck, whenever there are new releases on the Marketplace, I like to download pretty much everything and give them a try. People are a lot more willing to give things a try if it doesn't cost anything. I know people that hadn't ever played 2k basketball but decided to download the 2k7 demo this year cuz it was on the Marketplace and were absolutely floored and wondered why they had been missing out for so long.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #108
MVP

OVR: 14

You guys are nuts trying to figure out if 2k will be profitable with a generic football game. If it plays as well as 2k5 does with next gen graphics and has all the extras that 2k5 has then 2k go ahead and do it. As long as I have a copy Ill be happy - Take2/2k can worry about the money part.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #109
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
You guys are nuts trying to figure out if 2k will be profitable with a generic football game. If it plays as well as 2k5 does with next gen graphics and has all the extras that 2k5 has then 2k go ahead and do it. As long as I have a copy Ill be happy - Take2/2k can worry about the money part.
I agree.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:20 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I agree.
Yes, I agree as well. While I don't think we should get hung up on whether or not 2K can be profitable with a new 2K football game, I do think its highly possible.

Take Madden 64 for the N64, for example. EA didn't secure the NFL liscense that year (not sure which). And if my memory serves me correctly, the game still sold pretty well. I think that is a notable example.

Another notable example, in my estimation, is Blitz: The league. Its definitely over the top football. There's no arguing that. And its not really an alternative to Madden, but that's my point. I think any strong alternative to Madden will sell well. Because, right now, we don't have a choice. Consumers want choice. Heck, I don't know how many times I've heard that even EA fans don't like the whole exclusivity concept. Because a lot of them have in the forefront of their minds, the fact that 2K has the exclusive 3rd party rights for baseball. I'd like to think that 2K did that as a direct slap in the face of EA for gaing NFL exlusivity. So even some EA fans don't like the fact that EA has those rights.

I also think that a hefty portion of those who bought the 2K football series in '04 will come back for more. Since the exclusivity is pretty well known by now, I think just for the sake of having an alternative to Madden, people will at least give it a shot. Once they have played it, I think they'll be hooked. Just as I was and still is to this very day...
Old 10-18-2006, 01:44 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 12

does anyone follow the 2k forums enough to know if that cheeseonabun guy is reputable?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2006, 01:58 PM   #112
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
does anyone follow the 2k forums enough to know if that cheeseonabun guy is reputable?
He's been banned from here on numerous occassions...... Not that it means anything, but I don't think he's in the industry. Those guys don't act like he did and get banned from a site.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »