Home

new 2k fooball game?

This is a discussion on new 2k fooball game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2023 Review - Take the Plunge
Diamond Dynasty Year in Review: Content
Retro Goal Review: Retro Bowl's Brother Arrives on the Switch

Old 11-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #185
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: new 2k fooball game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
I did not think you didn't talk to someone about it. That is very easy to understand. What I thought was that you talked to that guy and he told you about another article. That is what I wanted from the quote from.

Whether you think there was sufficient reason to misunderstand what you wrote or not, it gives you no reason to insult someone's intelligence or common sense. Are you a bullying jerk? If not, you should stop insulting people without provocation when you're having debate with them, because that sure makes you seem like one.
I'm not being a bullying jerk...I just have little patience for someone who wont read or cant understand simple statements. My first post in this thread was just that I was told the same thing by 2K and its the same line that I told people in this forum. Your response was to doubt what I was saying and ask for proof. Instead of just asking "When did you speak to 2k?" or saying "I didnt know about that", you went on the offensive trying to infer that I was lying.

If you take the time to read the statements throughly before responding, you wont run into this issue. But you were so quick to jump on the offensive that you looked foolish. No one else on this board was confused about the statements. Just you. My point is that 2k's statement is something to be happy about but it doesnt mean a game is coming soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #186
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not being a bullying jerk...I just have little patience for someone who wont read or cant understand simple statements. My first post in this thread was just that I was told the same thing by 2K and its the same line that I told people in this forum. Your response was to doubt what I was saying and ask for proof. Instead of just asking "When did you speak to 2k?" or saying "I didnt know about that", you went on the offensive trying to infer that I was lying.

If you take the time to read the statements throughly before responding, you wont run into this issue. But you were so quick to jump on the offensive that you looked foolish. No one else on this board was confused about the statements. Just you. My point is that 2k's statement is something to be happy about but it doesnt mean a game is coming soon.
In your first post, you did not tell how you knew it. You simply said that 2K's line for two years has been that they aren't through with football. You didn't give any source to back it up. I then disagreed with you, and said that's why 2K fans are so frustrated - because they haven't said anything. It was then that you said you talked to someone. I misunderstood you as saying that you talked to someone who talked to you about another article, and so I said that if you would quote it, I'd admit I was wrong. I wasn't intending to be defensive; i just wnated to read that article (which I now know doesn't exist) , and I never inferred that you were lying. If I gave the wrong impression, I apologize. There are many misunderstandings on message boards; that is a pitfall of dealing only with the written word.

You say that I should have asked "When did you speak to 2K". But you didn't offer me that same consideration of which you asked me; instead of asking "What article are you talking about?", you insulted my intelligence.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:23 AM   #187
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

the only way i think a generic game could battle with Madden is to put in Natural Motions stuff. and that will help us all out by making madden use their stuff they are developing. here is a link to natural motion's football stuff if you havnt seen it yet.

http://www.naturalmotion.com/files/sneakpreview.avi
Old 11-14-2006, 09:55 AM   #188
MVP

OVR: 14

"We miss our football, especially with the success of our last football game, ESPN Football 2K5. We're not announcing anything right now."

More of the same but this sounds good, cant wait for some 2k football (next gen)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161579.html
Old 11-15-2006, 10:57 PM   #189
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
The "creative" costs wouldn't be all that much, let's just see what 2k has:

1. Football game engine that easily rivals anything EA has done the past two years...check
2. CAP mode design...check...VC has done a tremendous job w/ the CAP in NBA 2k7 on 360. You could use nearly the same exact CAP "engine" if you want to call it as the one from NBA 2k7.
3. Logos...almost a check...just look at all the logos that have been submitted to the support 2k football website for a generic game. Plus 2k still has all the generic logos from every other sports game they've done, NBA 2k and NFL 2k...though the NFL 2k5 create a team jerseys were pretty bad. It can't be all that hard to add fake logos and whatnot to a game...somehow I think if Midway can do it, 2k can do it.

Seriously, customizability can't cost much of anything. Customizability was allowed in current gen versions of Madden, Fever, and to an extent, 2k. And this was all after they created all of the NFL teams, and were able to complete all this when the games had single year dev cycles. 2k has sooo many of the assets for a game already together that it's pretty ridiculous. You use the base engine from 2k4/2k5, the CAP (facial aspect) from NBA 2k7, most of the audio database from 2k5, and you have a game that costs less to make than almost all of their other games.

your points are much closer to reality than those citing production costs and target audience, etc. video games have been made for decades and there have been many more with much less of an audience and much less money to work with that have offered everything and more.

People seem to overestimate what it takes. As one guy said in this thread its mostly about vision. Create an excellent product and it will speak for itself. too many here are limiting what could be reality with a little work. VC did this very well with the 2k football and it allowed most to see how far just a little ingenuity could go. If they had been allowed to continue their product then there's no doubt they could have increased their marketshare 10 fold over a decade such as madden. That's why Madden took the necessary steps to eliminate them. It certainly wasnt because 2k wasnt a threat.

With the new gen consoles just surfacing now, its probably best for them to take a wait and see approach before going full-bore. this is likely the case but certainly they will be heard from again regarding a football release. When that takes place Im sure not even they know but ill be on the bandwagon as soon as it does. And I like madden as well. Each have their own place for me but if VC was to push the envelope and allowed to develop their product as they seemed to be headed before the license buyout, there may be little need for madden to exist for many people. Id gladly pony up 60 bucks for 2k once a superior product reigned supreme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »