Home

Update from the Newbie...

This is a discussion on Update from the Newbie... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2023 Review - Take the Plunge
Diamond Dynasty Year in Review: Content
Retro Goal Review: Retro Bowl's Brother Arrives on the Switch

Old 11-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Thumbs up Update from the Newbie...

Just thought I chip in and say thank you all for helping me understand this game!

I am now playing on all-pro level and winning most of my games and heading for the playoff in my franchise.

I am understanding the basics behind defence now but I can't evaluate if I am calling the right or wrong plays though. Sure, I win most matches so I must be calling the major part of the plays right. The problem is when I mess up on defence I don't know if was the wrong play, bad ratings on specific defender or what? I know it is probably hard to tell how to evaluate this but if anyone has any tips let me know.

So I'm having a blast playing games in my franchise but except for that I'm totaly lost in my franchise. So much new things. Deapth charts are like lines in hockey or what?

There is a lot of options and I don't know were to begin and improve my team. Which are key positions on the team except QB? I'm playing with Vikings so if anyone has a tip on what positions I should improve immedetly and why I be glad to know.

Anyway, thank you all for helping me out here and I just like the game better and better after each game when I learn sometihing new. Very good game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Update from the Newbie...

nice, man. lots more for you to learn. the best place to start understanding your plays is the practice field. it's a bit tedious but works well. have an offensive team run a particular play over and over and just change your defense to see what happens against it.

generally speaking nickel and dime defenses are for defending the pass. defensive backs (corner backs and safeties) are smaller fast guys meant to be better in pass coverage and catching passes (better than linebackers and linemen... worse than wide receivers). these sets have extra defensive backs but they tend to get run over by running backs which is why they're dangerous to call against running plays.

I was going to run through all of this but realized you can actually get an idea about this through the game too. Take a look at your depth chart and just look at the trends by position. you can use the DB one I just gave you as an example. There are exceptions of course but you can see what they're strong at vs linebackers, d linemen, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »