Home

Jon Robinson- 2K Legends game is coming

This is a discussion on Jon Robinson- 2K Legends game is coming within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Jon Robinson- 2K Legends game is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I'd say that IGN has a lot of credibility. They are mainstream and wouldn't let an article like this be on their site, not to mention their front page if it wasn't credible.
I've been reading IGN for a few years now, and consistency and credibility have never really been their strengths IMO, but that is an entirely different thread.

The way the article reads to me is that the 2K Legends rumor is just a straw man propped up by Robinson that he conveniently knocks over with his Madden 08 wishlist. Considering the source, I think I'll temper my excitement until there is an official announcement of some sort.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2006, 10:44 AM   #66
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaas
PS. I just finished reading the rest of the thread. Here is another theory. Someone posted that the author of the article has not always been kind to 2k fans. Could he just be taunting us with this article. Could he just be making it up to get 2k fans all excited while he laughs at his pratical joke? I hope not, but something to consider.
I don't doubt JRob's sincerity. Couching his Madden Wishlist with the 2K rumor is what I partially have a problem with. His wishes for Madden should stand on their own. That EA year in and year out seem to disregard fan's wishes is our [collective] problem; we're the ones that give them the power to treat consumers the way they do. EA said they wouldn't take advantage of having exclusivity and that's exactly what they went out and did - yet some still don't want to hold them accountable. I think many look at the purpose of a 2K football game being some sort of tool to keep EA "in line" - which imo is unfair to VC or any other company that makes a competing game. Would it truly shock anyone if Tiburon's half-azz gang tackling PS3-only feature stayed PS3 exclusive? I doubt that it would, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it did. That's the sad thing - but imo that speaks more to us as consumers and our expectations.

I'd look forward to a 2K football game for the reasons I noted already - there were a lot of features/gameplay elements the 2K series had that were never given a chance to be more fleshed out. I wouldn't be surprised to not see a 2K football game because they'd be the ones taking the most risk. We need to get past that "we need a 2K football game to keep EA in line" mentality - especially given all the time EA/Tiburon has had w/exclusivity and what they've been able to produce. I'll have fun speculating on what a VC football game could be, but given what they're up against it wouldn't surprise me if they don't come out with one

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 12-12-2006 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I don't doubt JRob's sincerity. Couching his Madden Wishlist with the 2K rumor is what I partially have a problem with. His wishes for Madden should stand on their own. That EA year in and year out seem to disregard fan's wishes is our [collective] problem; we're the ones that give them the power to treat consumers the way they do. EA said they wouldn't take advantage of having exclusivity and that's exactly what they went out and did - yet some still don't want to hold them accountable. I think many look at the purpose of a 2K football game being some sort of tool to keep EA "in line" - which imo is unfair to VC or any other company that makes a competing game. Would it truly shock anyone if Tiburon's half-azz gang tackling PS3-only feature stayed PS3 exclusive? I doubt that it would, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it did. That's the sad thing - but imo that speaks more to us as consumers and our expectations.

I'd look forward to a 2K football game for the reasons I noted already - there were a lot of features/gameplay elements the 2K series had that were never given a chance to be more fleshed out. I wouldn't be surprised to not see a 2K football game because they'd be the ones taking the most risk. We need to get past that "we need a 2K football game to keep EA in line" mentality - especially given all the time EA/Tiburon has had w/exclusivity and what they've been able to produce. I'll have fun speculating on what a VC football game could be, but given what they're up against it wouldn't surprise me if they don't come out with one
Good post Spank. My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I'll mention Blitz: the league. It's sales numbers are the only thing listed as why he's so sure that VC will be putting a game out. Much more of an opinion than a fact. An opinion based on reasoning that many here already thought about but doesn't really mean much of anything. There's a big difference between a realistic football game and blitz and the draw of each. Blitz was already based on unrealistic gameplay so the NFL license wasn't as important as with the 2k series.

Anyway, it can't hurt to dream but this article doesn't mean anything in terms of VC.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:59 PM   #69
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt75
I agree, it should be totally customizeable. But to be honest I'll buy it either just because there is an alternative to the same old madden with missing features.
Agreed
Old 12-13-2006, 06:31 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 31

As a 2k5 fan I don't think I am to interested in seeing a 2k game unless it is defining what brand of football it is....NFL, College, High School....I would prefer the latter rather than a mock NFL game without real teams/players etc....

In my mind the market for a high school game would be huge....although it could only truly be realized on the PC...a game of full customization with emphasis on the coaching side(an in depth play editor, limited time to implement plays/drills etc). A rehash of NFL 2k5 just doesn't get me as excited as it would have a year ago, this empty hype/news doesn't help either.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 6

If this new game is new, you people realized that its been in development for 3 years (assuming it started at end of 2k5)
3 years instead of 1 yr, i expect a very good game, very polished i would think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #72
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
If this new game is new, you people realized that its been in development for 3 years (assuming it started at end of 2k5)
3 years instead of 1 yr, i expect a very good game, very polished i would think
I'm sure that they've been working on it for awhile but I don't know how much work they've actually done since most of the team went over to nba2k7.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »