Home

Anthony Chau of 2K sports interview more or less confirms a 2K Football game in 2007!

This is a discussion on Anthony Chau of 2K sports interview more or less confirms a 2K Football game in 2007! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2006, 09:54 AM   #33
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Anthony Chau of 2K sports interview more or less confirms a 2K Football game in 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Exactly. I talk to Chau pretty often, he's not giving me any info. But I should see a beta next month. I keed, I keed.
You realize that there are people that will go out and drink just because you mentioned that jokingly, right?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #34
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Anthony Chau of 2K sports interview more or less confirms a 2K Football game in 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
it will NEVER match the hype and expectations, etc.
2K really needs to be careful here because I think you hit the nail on the head. We are all expecting the impossible. A glitch free, totally customizable game, that is close to perfect.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
2K really needs to be careful here because I think you hit the nail on the head. We are all expecting the impossible. A glitch free, totally customizable game, that is close to perfect.
Oh, there will be much complaining and carrying on. I'd rather HAVE a game to complain about, then complain about NOT having a game at all.

Other than Winning Eleven, I think 2K Sports/VC is breaking new ground here with a customizable game. There are bound to be some things left out that will irritate some. Hopefully just detail stuff, like no giant ketchup bottle in Pittsburgh, versus serious gameplay issues.

They need to get the gameplay down first, then worry about adding various custom features. I could live with generic stadiums, coaches, even without a franchise mode and such. Just let me customize player faces, equipment, names, numbers and adjust stats. Let me choose a league size (anywhere from 8 to 40 team leagues for example) choose the cities/location for each team, team colors/uniforms (plus alternates), and a team name.

Gameplay issues like choosing a defense type (4-3 or 3-4?) playbook and a basic offensive style (running team, short passing, deep passing, balanced) playbook are important.

Online play, with custom leagues. Madden has never, ever come close to what 2K5 did for online play.

If they can squeeze in things like the VIP and custom sound clips from 2K5 that would be great.

Things like choosing rule options (pro versus college for example) given how much testing would need to be done to get it right, I won't expect at all, not for the first version of Legends anyway.

If successful, then 2K can add more custom options for the next version of the game (new version every TWO years) and gamers will have a long, long list of things I'm sure.

I love the idea of them being able to add things the NFL would NEVER allow, like the throat slash, late hits, and player drug/steriod use. Draft that stud WR that tested positive for weed? Sign that free agent OLB who just served a 4 game suspension last year for steroids?

I'm not sure you could create a game that'll do more for sports forums! Just debating player ratings (Staubach or Bradshaw?) would go on for months, if not years.

It won't be a perfect game, but it could be filled with great, new experiences for football gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #36

OVR: 34

I think something to remember is that it's not like when EA got the NFL license, they also got 2K's development rights. They have a pretty solid game in 2K5 to work with and then what they've done with the NBA side of things also shows us they can deliver.

I'm pretty excited to see what this game will be like. For one thing, we know it'll be running at 60fps, that's a plus in itself.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #37
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
For one thing, we know it'll be running at 60fps, that's a plus in itself.
You're sure about that?

I mean, I've seen games played before, and I remember always hearing that people don't have a problem or see a game when it's running at 30 FPS, or that they believe it's 60 FPS, etc. For example, take a look at ESPN Major League Baseball... that's 60 FPS. Then play MLB 2K5... that might be around 24 FPS to be honest with you. It's very noticeable to me, and I just don't know where you heard that we are guaranteed something like that.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-13-2006, 02:36 PM   #38
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
It won't be a perfect game, but it could be filled with great, new experiences for football gamers.
Very true. I've wondered how people feel about implementing too much reality into the game like steroids, drugs/alcohol, etc. Personally I'd leave that to Blitz. If it were implemented in a way that wasn't unseemly then I'd welcome it, but think it'd be difficult to do. Also doubt NFL greats would want themselves associated with stuff like that. I think you're right about a dynamic where you had a great talent but adding him could be detrimental to the team (or perhaps improve it, based on different factors), that would be a cool addition. Would have to be done carefully so it doesn't stray too far into Blitz the League's realm

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #39
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
You're sure about that?

I mean, I've seen games played before, and I remember always hearing that people don't have a problem or see a game when it's running at 30 FPS, or that they believe it's 60 FPS, etc. For example, take a look at ESPN Major League Baseball... that's 60 FPS. Then play MLB 2K5... that might be around 24 FPS to be honest with you. It's very noticeable to me, and I just don't know where you heard that we are guaranteed something like that.
If you play them side by side it's easily noticeable. And one of the big knocks against Madden next gen is that it isn't 60fps. It makes their already stiff/uncool looking graphics look even more stiff. I thought the NBA2K dev (forget his name) made a gentle dig at EA when he was asked what frame rate the game ran at and he said something like "all our games [will] run at 60fps". Can't remember the exact quote. But that's obviously something VC shoots for.

NBA07 (989 game) for the PS3 doesn't look/play all that well, but it benefits from running at 60fps (can see it in the PS3 commercials)

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-13-2006, 02:46 PM   #40
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I love the idea of them being able to add things the NFL would NEVER allow, like the throat slash, late hits, and player drug/steriod use. Draft that stud WR that tested positive for weed? Sign that free agent OLB who just served a 4 game suspension last year for steroids?
I hope they don't add that stuff. I wouldn't mind playing as the St. Louis Lambs or the Dallas Cryboys, but I do want gameplay realism, and unpenalized late hits and throat slashes just aren't realistic. If I wanted those things, I'd buy Blitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »