Home

Blue-Lightning of 2K Sports forums confirms that a 2K Football game is being made!

This is a discussion on Blue-Lightning of 2K Sports forums confirms that a 2K Football game is being made! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #81
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Blue-Lightning of 2K Sports forums confirms that a 2K Football game is being made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum
I don't think so, in 2004 ESPN NFL 2K5 outsold Madden 2005...
On the xbox that is.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Blue-Lightning of 2K Sports forums confirms that a 2K Football game is being made

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
On the xbox that is.

Which is the REAL version of the game of course. If the PS2 was capable of handling the xbox version PS2 sales would have been signifigant for 2K.

EA didnt spend $300-$500 Million dollars for nothing.
Minnesota Wild
Old 01-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #83
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
Which is the REAL version of the game of course. If the PS2 was capable of handling the xbox version PS2 sales would have been signifigant for 2K.

EA didnt spend $300-$500 Million dollars for nothing.
The PS2 was capable of handling alll the features of the Xbox version if you have a hard drive. Also, PS2 had a higher install base so EA made much more money on the 2005 version of Madden than 2k did on 2k5
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeyes25
Just so that all of you know. EA and VC are teaming up again next season.
What do I mean when I say teaming up again? I mean that they used to be together years ago during the MADDEN games on Sega Genesis, and Super NES. Just a little info for those of you whom didn't know that.

So now that that is out of the way we can move forward.

It turns out that EA has decided to stop their end of gameplay design and are going to allow VC to take over that spectrum and the presentation. EA has declared that they will deal more in the marketing of the game, and correctly representing the NFL in a virtual simulation. However, EA has also said that they will be implementing their momemtem system into the gameplay aspect. Basicaly we'll be getting a game that looks like 2k football with complete ESPN presentation just as they had during the 2K5 game but we'll be getting bit's and peices of the way 2K5 played and the way MADDEN plays (momentum wise). EA has also agreed to make the game more of a simulation than an actual arcade experience.

Boy wouldn't that be nice. Sorry to get all of you in a tissy but just for fun that was a nice thought.
Actually I think I speak for quite a few people when I say that I'm not a fan of that idea. A collaboration between Tiburon and VC would only cause headaches. If you think the QA is bad for games now, just try taking Tiburon's engine to VC for them to modify or taking VC's engine to Tiburon for them to modify w/o years of working with it. Why even talk about a collaboration that has practically zero chance of ever happening? You think that debating the prospect of a new 2k game or talking about the problems w/ a current EA game is a waste, then what is this? Dreaming of a day that this collaboration comes together is far worse than dreaming of 2k football coming back or EA football becoming solid imo.

Quote:
Here is what I really wanted to say. I don't know why all of us get in a big debate on whether or not there will be a 2k game anymore. I don't know why all of us get in arguements about how MADDEN is the best football game ever year after year. The truth of the matter is that they all think the same. You feel like you got shafted because you are a 2k fan. If 2k had the money and bought the license then EA fans get shafted. Would you care about them. No! When I said a moment ago that they all think the same I was talking about the developers. If 2k had the money they would of done the same thing. It is also well known that they had a chance to make an offer to the NFL to match what EA was going to pay and they chose not to. That my friends is a fact. I can't say I blame them. How do you know for sure that if 2k got the license that they would still be making a football game because another truth is that there are more joe six pack football MADDEN fans in the world than there was ever 2k fans. If that deal goes the other way 2k wouldn't be able to make enough money to even pay the NFL what it agreed too because the real MADDEN fans wouldn't buy 2k's game.
Actually I would have cared if 2k had received the exclusive rights to football. Personally I'm just strongly against these exclusive licenses because I feel they destroy competition and create inferior products. I'm not a 2k loyalists, and was plenty upset knowing that 2k got semi-exclusive rights to MLB. At the time I felt 2k had a better football game going for it and EA had a better baseball game going for it. Had 2k been given the exclusive rights to football I'd still question if I was getting the same quality of game that would have been made had competition still been around.

Look, there are 2k fanboys and EA fanboys, but I know there are also a lot of us here that are simply die hard sports game fans and being lumped into either of the aforementioned groups isn't right. We want the best gaming experience possible, and we all know competition is the key to that, and we're the ones that would care regardless of who had the exclusive deal b/c we realize all the negatives that exclusivity brings.

Quote:
Let me move to something else that you all need to agree on. Everybody want's everything to go a certain way to satisfy their craving. Don't let me be the first to say that if that is what you want then you must go and make it happen for yourself. Sitting around year after year complaining about whether a game play's right or not will never get the job fixed. You people that complain because MADDEN is not a real NFL sim should realize that it isn't because of you people. The real MADDEN consumer spends all of his time online or playing against friends in exhibition mode. Not franchise. EA doesn't care about that end of it. They'll keep putting franchise in their game because people would freak if they took it out. I do believe in my heart though that if they could remove it they would. If EA really cared about making all of us gamers happy they would have every aspect of that game making every one of us individual complainers happy.

Just take a look at what happens when you sim a year in franchise. I mean come on now. Tiki Barber rushing for 2,600 + yards in a season? No I didn't say total yards I said rushing. L.T. with 586 carries in one season. What the hell is that?!?!?!? There are very few backs in the league that can carry the ball 440 times in a season, and I mean very very few. By the way Larry Johnson just broke that record this year by having 440 carries this season. MADDEN has become a football game on it's own. It no longer has anything to do with representing the NFL the way it used to. EA see's that and they market that well with garbage like MADDEN nation. I mean seriously. Do any of those kid's or even sometime's grown men on that show have job's. LOL!!! All the crap talk they do on those shows against each other. I'm embarrased for them.
Here I will agree with you. Madden doesn't represent football as well as we'd like. And yes, I agree that Madden Nation is garbage and I hate seeing how some people play the game.

Quote:
So do you guys get it. Playing an NFL sim isn't about the game playing like an NFL sim, it's about how you play the game. It isn't 11 guys on the virtual field out there making a difference it's the player pushing the buttons. Ratings don't mean anything. If ratings meant something then why on ALL MADDEN difficulty great receivers get punked by garbage corners. Think about it. A 97 receiver versus a 82 corner. That should be a mismatch all day. But it's not. Because those things don't really matter guys. None of it does. It's just you playing the guy next to you or the computer.
I will agree with you to a point. I believe a game can only be sim if you play it sim. Every game can be cheesed on, and it's up to the player to keep that from happening. However, some games make it easier to cheese than others and certain communities have strived to be more sim than others, and I have felt that there are more 2k gamers striving to play a sim game than there are Madden gamers.

Quote:
Every developer has this same approach. Let me tell you right now that 2K5 was not flawless either. I mean really really horrible DB play. I'm not talking about just the way they react, but mostly how the secondary as a team could pull down 5,6, or 7 picks a game. HA HA HA! To make matters worse they put in an INT slider and it does nothing to stop the problem even when you turn int's all the way off. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT. Garbage garbage all the time.
Having Performance EQ on has helped a lot of the poor DB AI, and using custom sliders can help a lot. With default sliders, yes, I've played games and had 5+ picks, but with custom sliders I've never had such a problem. 2k5 did have a lot of problems, but I think the consensus is that they were on the right track to creating an even greater football sim than ever before, which sadly cannot be said for EA's current mess.

Quote:
People, every year we are being let down by these developers and every year we spend countless dollars, and countless hours complaining about it on the internet. Notice we just won't stop buying the product even though every year we say I'll never buy that game again as long as I live. Liar. You will buy it and every time you will have some sad rationalization about how the game is good or the game is bad. We put ourselves through this every year so I don't blame EA or 2K. I blame us. We need to be the difference maker in this thing. Not the developers. We should have these companies eating out of our hands. Not us eating out of theirs. That is just the way they want it though and they are winning. All things considered we do pay for the games. Without us they are nothing.
The last football game I bought was NFL 2k5. It's been my football game of choice for the past 3 years. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people on this board have done the same, so don't point the finger at everyone.

Quote:
Remember that because every year there has to be something wrong with the game even before it's ship date. Why you ask? That's an easy one. To get our dumb zombie brains to believe they will fix it in next years game. So then come's next year and sure enough it is fixed but not without another problem. HA! Imagine that. Year after year after year. It is always the same story. But you see the garbage doesn't stop there either. Just to redirect our mindless zombie minds they give us new and "untested" features to keep our minds off of the problems that plague the current installment of the game. Then after we have broken down and decided the game is unplayable in franchise we decide to check out these new features. Don't worry though because within a few minutes (if your lucky, and smart) you will discover how flawed the new feature is.
Almost every game has bugs, not just sports games. Imo there is no way the game developers produce games with bugs and glitches intentionally. Mistakes happen and things slip past QA. The products that developers put on the shelves are generally pretty polished considering the 1 year dev cycle that sports games go through. Imo NBA 2k7, though it has its problems, is a pretty polished product. As much as I'd like to play a flawless sports game, I realize that having an unfinished product that does not match the developers' vision is largely due to the time constraints inherent in the genre. Until sports games are given the development cycle that mirrors those of nonsports titles we will see flaws and glitches, and hopefully they won't be gamekillers all the time.

Quote:
Then we find ourselves on the internet complaining and saying how they screwed us again, but yet on the same hand we rationalize the new feature outlook of things by saying... "Well that was a good attempt at Superstar mode but here's what I would like to see on my wishlist for Superstar during next years game". Come on people. LOL!!! You know that I am telling the truth. Next year comes and they fix a couple bugs but leave 5 bad ones. Then they make a new feature every 3 years to add to the mix to shake things up and ad depth to the game. Or so they say. Really those things are in place to be flawed from the start to keep us coming back to buy next years game promising that it will be fixed. What a joke.
I wouldn't even accuse EA of such unscrupulous tactics. I doubt developers intentionally make flawed features. If you've ever worked in the industry or tried to get into the industry you'd find that it's not easy to create a quality product with the tight time restraints, especially those found in the sports game business.

Quote:
Don't get your hopes up for the 2K game to come out and be great. Chances are it will be horrible. It obviously won't have the NFL teams and logos nor it's players so that in itself makes it not worth purchasing. So then here comes all of you again with these child cries of..."Give me a player and team editor and I will be happy". No you won't. You will the day it comes out but when you are done editing all 3,000 players and their team colors you will then find that there is something still missing. Like oh yeah...Logos, and the real atmosphere of the NFL because IT'S NOT AVAILABLE IN THE GAME PEOPLE.
Why does a game not featuring NFL teams or logos automatically make a game not worth purchasing? Some people are actually fans of football and can think of football outside of the context of just the NFL. People that love the game simply love the game and all the intricacies of the game. For me, it's more important that WRs and DBs interact w/ each other while routes are being ran more than what name is on the back of their jerseys. For me, it's more important that a QB is encouraged to step up or slide around in the pocket in order to avoid the rush than simply keep backpedalling and make an off balanced throw. For a lot of us, we loved 2k football not b/c of how it had NFL players, but b/c it mimicked a lot of the little things in football very well. And if 2k keeps up the same standard of commentary, presentation, crowd responses, etc. then we can still have the atmosphere that made past 2k football games so immersive.

And when people say they will be happy w/ an editor, I believe they will be happy w/ an editor. Do you believe there are tons of Winning Eleven fans who say they are happy w/ the game but secretly aren't? An editor will make a lot of people happy, and can keep a lot of players satisfied if you look at the WE series, its success, and the community of its players.

Quote:
You think that a player editor will make you happy. It won't I guarantee it. You will try to trick yourself into thinking it's great because you have been without the NFL 2k game for so long that even you will overlook it's glaring gameplay and other problems that it will have (and I guarantee that too) on it's release. They will do the same to you as EA has. Look at how close 2K5 was to being great. But it didn't take long to realize that it wasn't. QB's with close to 50 interceptions on the year every year, Kickers missing FG's all the time, and homemade made up player faces that were actually real NFL players faces overlapping one another. What a joke that turned out to be. I can't remember how many guy's came through the draft with a black man's name but looked like Rex Grossmans twin. HA!
I've never seen a QB in my fanchise w/ close to 50 interceptions in a season. I have CPU kicking boosted all the way up and they do fine making FGs, and I have mine at Legend level and it seems to work fine. The homemade faces didn't turn out all that great, but at least 2k tried to do something more than just leave the "no photo available" pic on all rookies. The game turned out pretty solid considering its short dev time. It would have benefited from more testing time, but I understand how they tried to beat Madden to the shelves. I don't expect a 2k football game to be flawless, but I believe that if 2k makes a new football game we will get the most sim football experience to date.

Quote:
But just think if none of this would have happened. 2k would of heard our cries about how the interceptions in the game are unaccpetable and how the homemade players are ridiculous and they would of fixed it. But then here comes NFL 2K6 and let's say our teams fumble the ball 9 times a game every game. Or now the RB's can't run any longer because of the total domination of Jamal Lewis from NFL 2k5. Then 2k would fix those problems for NFL 2K7 but now here are the new problems for that game. WR's dropping too many passes even with the WR catch slider turned all the way up, and the O-line not holding up on pass protection and there being 12 sacks a game.
Yes, glitches and bugs happen. Until the dev cycle for sports games is extended we will continue to see problems. However, some games have done a good job of ensuring that gamekilling bugs don't exist. For instance, IMO NBA 2k7's problems are not gamekillers and a lot of gameplay deficits can be corrected w/ sliders, and I'd like to believe that's where the next generation of 2k football would be.

Quote:
You see that is the point that I am trying to make here. This garbage never ends and we are to blame for every peice of it. If you don't like what I just had to say, then learn to because all of you are just a bunch of sheep that continue to fool yourselves with a bunch of hype from EA or now this new supposed 2K game. Stop buying the products and the jerkoffs will be forced to listen and really do what we say as the consumer.

That is all.
Most of us have not bought Madden for a couple years. And I know I won't buy a new 2k football game until after the reviews are in. You're preaching to the choir here. This stuff may be enlightening over on the EA forums or something, but this isn't news to most of us. I think it's good that you're not buying into Madden hype year in and year out, but don't judge a 2k game before it's even out and don't hold out for a completely perfect football game, or you might find yourself waiting forever.

btw, the rant about the Saints in response to jmood was off topic and pointless.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #85
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The PS2 was capable of handling alll the features of the Xbox version if you have a hard drive. Also, PS2 had a higher install base so EA made much more money on the 2005 version of Madden than 2k did on 2k5

Sorry , but the PS2 is physically incapable of producing the the triple pass rendering that was used for the graphics of NFL2K5. And a hard drive wasnt free I dont think.

My point is that if the game was 100% the same on PS2 as xbox and you didnt have to spend an extra $100 for the HDD it would have created a bigger market for NFL2K5 on PS2.

And yes , even with that Madden would have outsold 2K by a ton on PS2. EA knew what was happening. Like I said. They didnt spend $300-$500 million because they felt like it.
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum
I don't think so, in 2004 ESPN NFL 2K5 outsold Madden 2005...
That 's not true. The XBOX version of 2K5 outsold the XBOX version of Madden but the PS2 version of Madden (4.2 M) outsold both 2K5 versions combined (1.5+1.0).

http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/18/technology/gamesales/
Old 01-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't want to step on toes, so I'll link as opposed to hijack.

But (relatively) recent discussing abruptly shifts from 2k to Madden 08.

My thread, view?
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...55#post2888355

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »