Home

What kind of game would you like to see?

This is a discussion on What kind of game would you like to see? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What kind of game would you like to see?
Generic/Customizable 73 76.84%
CFL 4 4.21%
Legends 13 13.68%
Other (please explain) 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
What kind of game would you like to see?

What kind of game would you like to see VC put out? Generic & fully customizable, a CFL game, or a Legends game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2006, 11:42 PM   #2
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What kind of game would you like to see?

I voted for other, but there's more to it than that. I would like to see a game where they take a Superstar Mode-like approach but do it well. Madden's SS Mode is such a good idea but (as usual) it all went wrong in the implementation.

On top of that though, have a generic, customizable game as well, but make the SS Mode the main focus with the Legends part coming in where they mentor you throughout your career.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
What kind of game would you like to see VC put out? Generic & fully customizable, a CFL game, or a Legends game?
Odds are that if 2k did release a game it will be generic/customizable, but featuring legends so they can grace the cover and appeal to the more casual fans. I don't think it has to be an exclusively either/or situation. If I had to choose one, I'd choose generic and customizable, but I think we'll get both. In an ideal situation we'd have a fully customizable game that could be modified into a pro or college football game, and legends would be implemented several ways:

1. Legend VIPs...like Celeb VIPs from 2k5 except good. I think it would be fun to play against Joe Montana's or John Elway's VIP.

2. Legends will serve as TV personalities for the "2k Network." Players like Deion Sanders, Tim Brown, Dan Marino, etc will provide pregame and postgame analysis for upcoming games.

3. Legends will walk newbs through basic training and provide game tips.

That's what I'd like to see.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:31 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Legend VIPs... Yeah!! That would be great.

I'd rather see 2K use fictional sideline reporters and for any "2K Network", as they can get much more commentary with voice actors.

Having Legends provide a few tips for playing the game would be nice.

BTW, I voted for the custom game, since I think it gives you the most flexibility.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:29 AM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I want them to release a game.

That's all.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2006, 09:27 AM   #6

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25

1. Legend VIPs...like Celeb VIPs from 2k5 except good. I think it would be fun to play against Joe Montana's or John Elway's VIP.

2. Legends will serve as TV personalities for the "2k Network." Players like Deion Sanders, Tim Brown, Dan Marino, etc will provide pregame and postgame analysis for upcoming games.

3. Legends will walk newbs through basic training and provide game tips.
VIPs would be nice. In terms of commentary, I think they'll bring back Dan and Peter. A half-time show with 2 or 3 legends alongside a fictional host would be nice.

One thing to consider would be the database to draw names from when commentating. i'd rather not hear, No. 4 has now passed the 300yd mark today.

I voted generic/custom, but they're going to need star power to help sell this game, so a combination of legends/generic.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I'd like to see a game.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:27 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
VIPs would be nice. In terms of commentary, I think they'll bring back Dan and Peter. A half-time show with 2 or 3 legends alongside a fictional host would be nice.

One thing to consider would be the database to draw names from when commentating. i'd rather not hear, No. 4 has now passed the 300yd mark today.

I voted generic/custom, but they're going to need star power to help sell this game, so a combination of legends/generic.
Definitely...there is no way you can have 2k football w/o Dan and Peter. I'd just really like to see a football game that has pregame analysis like what we see in real life. Can you imagine:

Dan Stevens: Greetings from Seattle ladies and gentelemen, as we're getting ready for a great game between division rivals. I'm Dan Stevens and with me as always, my partner in crime, Peter O'Keef. Well Peter we've got an interesting matchup tonight with Seattle and San Francisco.

Peter: That's right Dan. We have one team that's on the verge getting into the playoffs as it can lock up the division tonight, and another team that's young, starting to gain a little confidence, and always looking for an upset.

Dan: Indeed...well Peter what matchup will you be looking at tonight?

Peter: Gore is one heck of a back. 5'9," 212, and not afraid to lower his shoulder and bowl over you, he's the guy you want carrying the load. And on the otherside of the field, Peterson, is a veteran playmaker. Tackles, sacks, interceptions...you name it, this guy does it. Look for a couple collisions between these two tonight.

Dan: Thanks Peter, but before we start this game, lets send it to the 2k studios for our Players' Picks. Gentlemen...

Dan Marino: My pick for this game is Seattle. In an instance like this, where the weather is bad, I think it all comes down to quarterback play, and the team with the better quarterback should win.

Tim Brown: My pick for this game is Seattle. They have the homefield advantage in this one, and I believe that will be the difference maker tonight.

Joe Montana: As much as I love San Francisco, I'm going to say Seattle walks away with a W tonight. When you look at the receiving corps for each team, clearly they have the advantage. I can tell you from experience that having talented receivers to throw to makes all the difference in the world.

Deion Sanders: Prime Time's pick is Seattle. When you have playmakers on the defensive side of the ball, it makes the game all that much easier on an offense, and Seattle is loaded with playmakers.

Dan: Thanks fellas for your insights. Looks like San Francisco will be fighting an uphill battle, lets see if they can pull off the upset. Nedney is set to kick off and this game will be underway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »