Home

Is Espn nfl 2k5 backwards compatible for xbox 360

This is a discussion on Is Espn nfl 2k5 backwards compatible for xbox 360 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007, 11:21 AM   #9
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,009
Re: Is Espn nfl 2k5 backwards compatible for xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
Unfortunately, it probably never will.
Not probably. It's been confirmed by 2K's Anthony Chau in an interview that making 2K5 BC would require quite a bit of coding to work around what he called structural issues and that they don't want to spend resources on that.
mercalnd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #10
Pro
 
opd897's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Kansas
Re: Is Espn nfl 2k5 backwards compatible for xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Not probably. It's been confirmed by 2K's Anthony Chau in an interview that making 2K5 BC would require quite a bit of coding to work around what he called structural issues and that they don't want to spend resources on that.
I didn't realize that 2K would have to spend money (resources) on making the game BC. I thought Microsoft was responsible for that?
opd897 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #11
TOMBA IS ONLINE
 
Tomba's Arena
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ONLINE
Posts: 8,746
Blog Entries: 118
Re: Is Espn nfl 2k5 backwards compatible for xbox 360

It a sad state of affairs that the reason behind everything is EA games...
Tomba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Midwest
Re: Is Espn nfl 2k5 backwards compatible for xbox 360

If MS and VC made 2K5 BC then that would have told us VC wasn't gonna make any more football games.
sportsgeist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #13
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,009
Re: Is Espn nfl 2k5 backwards compatible for xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
It a sad state of affairs that the reason behind everything is EA games...
If you mean EA is preventing 2K5 from becoming BC then that's not true according to CHau. In the interview I mentionned, he specifically said the reason was not because of EA.

If you mean because of the license, then don't forget to blame the NFL as well. They're the ones who get the final say with regards to the license.
mercalnd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #14
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jun 2003
Re: Is Espn nfl 2k5 backwards compatible for xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Not probably. It's been confirmed by 2K's Anthony Chau in an interview that making 2K5 BC would require quite a bit of coding to work around what he called structural issues and that they don't want to spend resources on that.
Because of something special about the game itself that makes it so much more difficult to conform than other games?

Because if it's the same for all games, I doubt the makers of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds, Circus Maximus, Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness, Frogger Beyond, and Super Bubble Pop were psyched about incurring the additional cost to conform their games.
ChicagoSparty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #15
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,009
Re: Is Espn nfl 2k5 backwards compatible for xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
Because of something special about the game itself that makes it so much more difficult to conform than other games?

Because if it's the same for all games, I doubt the makers of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds, Circus Maximus, Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness, Frogger Beyond, and Super Bubble Pop were psyched about incurring the additional cost to conform their games.
It is not the same for all games. Otherwise, every XBOX game would be BC. I don't know what the exact issues are. I just posted what Chau said in the interview.
mercalnd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.

Top -