Home

Ratings for PFL 2K8

This is a discussion on Ratings for PFL 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Ratings for PFL 2K8

I am bored at work and I thought it would be a good idea to start thinking about our own OS rating system for when 2K sports finally gives us 2K8. I am also assuming (hoping actually) it will be fully customizable.

Some ratings will be based soley on opinions, like Leadership, but we should be able to come up with some solid formulas for ratings that are stat driven. If I remember correctly, 2K5 had a completion (CMP) rating. This can directly be linked to a QB's completion percentage I would think, but we would have to take into account the body of work as well (ie. a 5 year vet compared to a rookie).

Speed is also a big part of the game and I hope that 2K makes the speed universal. Meaning speed is speed. I don't think there should be a RB speed and LB speed. If a LB with a speed rating of 85 is running after a RB with a speed rating of 95, the LB should not catch him if they are running parallel to each other. Of course if the LB takes the proper angle, then he can make up for his lack of speed.

Like I said, I am just bored. Hopefully other would like to chime in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Ratings for PFL 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
I am bored at work and I thought it would be a good idea to start thinking about our own OS rating system for when 2K sports finally gives us 2K8. I am also assuming (hoping actually) it will be fully customizable.

Some ratings will be based soley on opinions, like Leadership, but we should be able to come up with some solid formulas for ratings that are stat driven. If I remember correctly, 2K5 had a completion (CMP) rating. This can directly be linked to a QB's completion percentage I would think, but we would have to take into account the body of work as well (ie. a 5 year vet compared to a rookie).

Speed is also a big part of the game and I hope that 2K makes the speed universal. Meaning speed is speed. I don't think there should be a RB speed and LB speed. If a LB with a speed rating of 85 is running after a RB with a speed rating of 95, the LB should not catch him if they are running parallel to each other. Of course if the LB takes the proper angle, then he can make up for his lack of speed.

Like I said, I am just bored. Hopefully other would like to chime in.
Speed, strength, acceleration, and agility should be universal ratings to.. In fact, a good deal, if not all of the ratings should be universal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »