Home

A diehard 2K gamer's FAIR take on Madden 07

This is a discussion on A diehard 2K gamer's FAIR take on Madden 07 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: A diehard 2K gamer's FAIR take on Madden 07

While I agree with you guys that the fatigue issue is a big issue but it's not totally overpowering over the sub issue think about if in Madden with 2 minutes left down by field goal and the computer takes out Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, and Reggie Wayne that's a pretty big issue. Just my .02
Old 01-03-2007, 12:56 AM   #34
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballa1555
While I agree with you guys that the fatigue issue is a big issue but it's not totally overpowering over the sub issue think about if in Madden with 2 minutes left down by field goal and the computer takes out Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, and Reggie Wayne that's a pretty big issue. Just my .02
Are you serious? That's your big defense of Madden; trying your best to equate the two issues?

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-03-2007, 02:50 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Are you serious? That's your big defense of Madden; trying your best to equate the two issues?
I don't think he's necessarily trying to defend Madden but more just pointing out the similarities between the two games and two companies. I keep seeing people on this site calling NBA2K7 the best basketball game ever. I wouldn't even consider 2K7 the best NBA2K game. I could easily think of 2 or 3 previous ones I had much more fun with. The game just has too many problems (sub issues, bad passing issues, no fast break, one of the worst menus in gaming history, etc., etc.)

When it comes to sports titles for the 360, both companies have been a real dissapointment so far. The only game I been impressed with was Fight Night. After a full year EA gives us a Madden, which isnt even close to being as good as its ps/xbox counterpart, live is still a mess, and no baseball game. And on the other side you got 2K pulling an EA and giving us slightly updated and better looking versions of the same games we've been playing since 05. Except NBA2K7, which looks worse than 2K6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2007, 07:35 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtymer0056
I don't think he's necessarily trying to defend Madden but more just pointing out the similarities between the two games and two companies. I keep seeing people on this site calling NBA2K7 the best basketball game ever. I wouldn't even consider 2K7 the best NBA2K game. I could easily think of 2 or 3 previous ones I had much more fun with. The game just has too many problems (sub issues, bad passing issues, no fast break, one of the worst menus in gaming history, etc., etc.)

When it comes to sports titles for the 360, both companies have been a real dissapointment so far. The only game I been impressed with was Fight Night. After a full year EA gives us a Madden, which isnt even close to being as good as its ps/xbox counterpart, live is still a mess, and no baseball game. And on the other side you got 2K pulling an EA and giving us slightly updated and better looking versions of the same games we've been playing since 05. Except NBA2K7, which looks worse than 2K6.
LOL this post is funny, i have to disagree on almost every point against NBA2k7
Old 01-03-2007, 07:57 AM   #37
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtymer0056
I wouldn't even consider 2K7 the best NBA2K game. I could easily think of 2 or 3 previous ones I had much more fun with. The game just has too many problems (sub issues, bad passing issues, no fast break, one of the worst menus in gaming history, etc., etc.)
I don't know that there's been a year where I've seen small issues blown completely out of proportion with a game. Now I can add "worst menus in gaming history" to the list. Amazing.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2danov
You need to come watch me play then.^^^^
Let me know your gamertag please. My brother will play you and I want to see how you can sack with your controlled DE, DT or pressure a qb without tripping or getting thrown to the turf by the OL.

I don't have the game and I'd never support the one co. that has killed football gaming for me the last 2 years. My brother does have it and I'll just watch you play him. I just can't get into Madden at all. My favorite part of Football is playing defense and that's handicapped in Madden.

We have both a 360 and PS3 so let me know your name tag he'll play you in either one of those.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
What I mean by this statement is that EA is quicker at the gun when releasing patches/fixes for nagging gameplay issues. Madden so far has had like 2 or 3 patches while the world still waits on NBA 2K7. Did MLB 2K6 ever release a patch? (not a rhetorical question because I really want to know)
I'm pretty sure you're not new to sports gaming, or more specifically the endless comparisons of EA to VC. Considering that the isolated incident you mention is a drop in the bucket in EA's favor. It's also clear (just like when they had a problem with the NCAA imports) that they jump very quickly when it appears it could effect sales in some big way... otherwise they could care less. I mean, what is it that everyone complains about with Madden? The fact that you see the same issues brought up on every message board for years yet they do absolutely nothing about them. I think you may be overlooking some of the politics involved with patches. Personally I don't think either company cares any more or less than the other about patching an already released product, but overall one thing I'm pretty sure of is that EA is far from the king of costumer service... especially when compared to VC.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:36 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 15

Madden is such crap plain and simple. The management stuff is good to great but the gameplay is so horrible that EA should pay me to play it. Hell, when I rented Madden 2006, I played mini-camp far more then the actual games simply because there was no fun in playing the actual games.

EA sucks at customer service but they are the kings when it comes to marketing their products. That's what sells their games. Eliminate all the TV spots, ads, etc. and I guarantee that their sales would decline dramatically.

As for issues, even the Madden fanbiys complain about the same problems every year. With no competition, there's no reason for EA to care when it comes to football games.

As for other 2k sports games, I dont give two craps about the NBA, NHL and MLB so I wont comment on any of them.

But I do look at the EA / NFL deal as a positive for me personally because without an NFL 2K game, I have no interest, motivation or desire to purchase a next gen system and the damn HDTV that's required to play the games.

I still play 2k5 with updated rosters, schedules, salary cap, etc. and as long as I can use Finn's editor in order to accomplish all that, im a happy camper.

P.S. - The last great EA games that I played were -

Road Rash and Need For Speed on 3DO
Triple Play 97 and 98 on PSone
Def Jam Vendetta (Aki > Yukes pukes) on PS2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »