Home

Interesting way of renewing interest in the game

This is a discussion on Interesting way of renewing interest in the game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Interesting way of renewing interest in the game

Well I know some people like to play with the players they see on Sunday afternoon. Truthfully, I do too but I also like playing simulation style football. The thing is the updated rosters with the new draftees are usually overhyped. No offense to those who spend the long hours making them. I have benefited just as much as anyone but when you look at the players that the game makes automatically they are ratings wise no where near the caliber of the players that we as a community make in our roster updates. The running back with a 90+ speed is scarce. So playing with the simmed team has really made the game play differently. Whatever works for you go with it. Props to the guy who has been playing with the Bears for 9 seasons. I never had the patience but maybe I might have found something that will work for me.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Interesting way of renewing interest in the game

Well just like the real Chargers I went down in my first playoff game. I went 12-4 in the regular season and then lost to the Steelers in my first game. I was pissed but also kind of happy to know I wasn't going to easily win the whole thing the first year. Because I have simmed it for 17 years I have quite a mix of veterans. I had something like 6-7 people retire this year so I have some holes to fill. To make it difficult. I play with only one hot route allowed. I play with random playbooks each game. I don't allow myself to switch players on defense when they run the ball, this has had a good effect on the cpu's running game, not spectacular but several one hundred yard games. (I might just not let myself switch at all next season but it is hard just to watch while the ball is in the air) I don't allow myself to trade players or picks. And when I go for a free agent I have to max out his interest level and use at least 30% bonus. It sounds like a lot of rules but in conjunction with the sliders (see earlier post) it has made a pretty difficult game. 2-3 of my wins were lucky last minute come from behind wins. Well to the offseason I go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »