Home

If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys

This is a discussion on If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2005
If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys

If 2k sports came out with Legends or Generic game for 2k8 do you think they should use regional cover boys? Lets say in Florida and surrounding areas they have Dan Marino on the cover of Legends Football 2k8, or Around the Wisconsin area they have Brett Favre (pending retirement), In Texas they could have Emmit Smith or Troy AIkman, NY with LT or Phill SImms , Chicago with Butkus. I know I have already seen a Dan Fouts and Dan Marino Legends covers. Maybe people could post their own Legends covers here with these people. I think this would help 2k sports because these local legends would really grab attention. Any thoughts?
vick5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2007, 01:31 AM   #2
The Man!
 
sroz39's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,802
Re: If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys

I don't think they should neccessarily go region-specific, but they should seriously consider having multiple covers. This would artificially boost sales, from the extra copies bought by the collectors.

Any extra helps...
sroz39 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:40 AM   #3
Banned
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,153
Re: If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys

No. I prefer they just stick to one cover. It's too much work, and it just doesn't seem worth it. It also starts to leave people out, because then they've got to decide the special places that will get a special cover - and then what regions around it it will apply to... etc, etc.

It's too much work. And just not worth it. It also starts to single places out... which isn't good.
MC Fatigue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
Rookie
 
philliesphan026's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern NJ
Re: If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys

I wouldn't mind seeing Chuck Bednarik or Reggie White on the cover around Philly, but it doesn't really matter.
philliesphan026 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan026
I wouldn't mind seeing Chuck Bednarik or Reggie White on the cover around Philly, but it doesn't really matter.
No Jeff Garcia?





Sorry, I couldn't resist.
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
13
 
DaveDQ's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 7,668
Blog Entries: 1
Re: If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
No. I prefer they just stick to one cover. It's too much work, and it just doesn't seem worth it. It also starts to leave people out, because then they've got to decide the special places that will get a special cover - and then what regions around it it will apply to... etc, etc.

It's too much work. And just not worth it. It also starts to single places out... which isn't good.
I don't think it's too much work at all. You simply have a hub where they get printed and put in the box and from there disperse them accordingly.

I don't think they should do it regionally, but I do think it would help to showcase different legends so a guy can say, "yeah, I got the Marino cover, which did you go with?"
DaveDQ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #7
Banned
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,153
Re: If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I don't think it's too much work at all. You simply have a hub where they get printed and put in the box and from there disperse them accordingly.

I don't think they should do it regionally, but I do think it would help to showcase different legends so a guy can say, "yeah, I got the Marino cover, which did you go with?"
It is work, though.

Think about it. As it is, all they have to do is print out the discs and ship them. That's it. You start adding different covers and all of a sudden you've got to design them all, you've got to print them all differently, you've got to decide what regions get what, you've got to have a shipping plan for each cover, etc, etc.

It can get very complicated, actually.
MC Fatigue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.

Top -