Home

Visual Concepts, Make sure yor atmosphere is back too

This is a discussion on Visual Concepts, Make sure yor atmosphere is back too within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2007, 02:50 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 22
Visual Concepts, Make sure your atmosphere is back too

one thing about the 2k football series that i really enjoyed was the atmosphere in their football games. The guys giving Hi-5s, Guys warming up their legs on the bicycles on the side lines, the after play emotions the players seem to have, the cool TD multi player celebrations,the commentary,etc..the list goes on. It was varied enough to where it didnt get old as well..which was nice.

This is one KEY ingredient in making a sports game fun. Its mind boggling how EAsports fails to see this KEY area and leave it dry and dead. Im no game developer by any means but i know for a FACT that atmosphere is KEY to a sports videogame. Sure its not everything..more important is gameplay and controls but atmosphere plays a vital roll in making a sports videogame fun and this is something Visual Concepts seems to understand.

I hope its even better with All Pro Football

Last edited by Moegames; 02-01-2007 at 03:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2007, 02:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Visual Concepts, Make sure yor atmosphere is back too

im praying for a spectator mode online
Old 02-01-2007, 05:25 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
im praying for a spectator mode online
Especially for post-game when the players hit the shower and get soapy and lather themselves all up!
Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 AM   #4

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Especially for post-game when the players hit the shower and get soapy and lather themselves all up!
Ahhh yes. I mean, not that I like that kind of thing. What I mean is, if you do like that, that's not a big deal, liking big husky men lathered up, scrubbing and stuff like that.

lol
Old 02-01-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

I'm anxious to see what they do. In 2K5 I loved how they didn't even overlook the sidelines - players w/helmets off, some kneeling, all seemingly into the game and reacting appropriately. Camera guys and reporters on the sidelines. Referees on the field, following the action. Chain gangs. Just so many things we haven't seen for the past three years.

I'm wondering if they'll take the NBA2K7 route of having the emotion portrayed on the field, w/little emphasis on cutscenes (which they sort of started w/2K5)

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'm anxious to see what they do. In 2K5 I loved how they didn't even overlook the sidelines - players w/helmets off, some kneeling, all seemingly into the game and reacting appropriately. Camera guys and reporters on the sidelines. Referees on the field, following the action. Chain gangs. Just so many things we haven't seen for the past three years.

I'm wondering if they'll take the NBA2K7 route of having the emotion portrayed on the field, w/little emphasis on cutscenes (which they sort of started w/2K5)

Well one thing 2K likes to do is make it looks as realisticly potrayed as it is in real life. Reason why cut scenes in NBA 2K7 are more tied in with the game than just showing a seperate scene is because thats how its down in real life. All the little cut scenes in 2K5 were realistic because thats how your average football broadcast went.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Well one thing 2K likes to do is make it looks as realisticly potrayed as it is in real life. Reason why cut scenes in NBA 2K7 are more tied in with the game than just showing a seperate scene is because thats how its down in real life. All the little cut scenes in 2K5 were realistic because thats how your average football broadcast went.
Yeah but it would be nice also to have each player celebrating or not celebrating all at the same time that you can see, like in nba 2k7.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Just keep Team Kush as far away from the developing rooms as possible. There's no reason to doubt that they will do as much of the right thing as they can considering the excellence they brought in past editions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »