Home

If we can't edit the game will you buy it?

This is a discussion on If we can't edit the game will you buy it? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: If we can't edit the game will you buy it?

I don't think editing will have any effect on my decision to buy or not buy this game. I will base it purely on whether the game is good or not. Just because it's 2k, doesn't mean it's going to be a good game. The gameplay comes first - and that's what I'll be basing my decision on.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:36 PM   #18
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Yes yes and yes

If 2K sports and Virtual Concepts are making it i'm buying.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 PM   #19
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
It depends on the amount of detail that went into creating a fictional league. (If there is no customization there better be a very detailed league.)
I concur.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Yes. Even if the game is extremely customizable, I'm not going to bother trying to recreate the NFL. With a fantasy league, nothing would bother me, because I have no expectations of how things should turn out. I just hope that the teams have distinct strengths and weaknesses, but overall are a lot more balanced than they have been in NFL games. It would be nice to see different teams being used online, other than the same 3-5 teams all the time like on every other sports game in existence.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 21

Yeah, I have no desire to recreate the NFL myself. Although I'd like to see NFL "types"; meaning it'd be good to have players that can be easily related to. Like a Michael Vick-type, a Terrell Owens-type, etc. This is one of the bigger hurdles for them; I'm interested to see what they've done to get around it

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #22
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRooster
If the online component is out of this world(2K5's was darn close), I think a completely fictional league would be crazy fun too.
I agree with this statement 100%. Having our own leagues with our own players could get really interesting if done correctly.

The other huge advantage with having fake players is that we won't have to hear people complain because the real life Peyton Manning threw for 1 more touchdown then in the game. Playing sim will no longer be tied to stats just the style of play.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #23

OVR: 34

If you build your franchise from the ground up, with the ability to focus on certain attributes/strengths/weaknesses, that would be a hit for me.

I for one would love the ability to design my own team with logos etc., as graphic design is what I do, but I'm not sure I'd want to recreate the entire NFL.

One of my most enjoyable moments with Madden 98 on the PC was to go deep into my franchise after the "real" players retired and sort of groom my team for what was next. In fact, it was great to have Marino hang in there and have the team rebuilt with drafted players to win the Superbowl. the following year, Marino retired.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #24
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

It'd be nice to have a great, fully fleshed-out editor. As long as it plays great, I could stomach the lack of customization via multiplayer, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »