Home

Is it True??....Real Motion Physcis engine??

This is a discussion on Is it True??....Real Motion Physcis engine?? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Is it True??....Real Motion Physcis engine??

I heard some where a few months back that this game was actually going to be somewhat revolutionary because it was ditching the whole scripted motion capture crapola of games we've played thru the generations and be the first sports game to actually use a real physics based unscripted motion engine that can result in a limiteless variety of animations. Could this actually be true??

If so, would they be using that real time motion engine that was posted here last year or a year ago with the demo showing off a player getting upended by 2 tacklers....that was simply brilliant!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Is it True??....Real Motion Physcis engine??

I can't see how this game would have been the one mentioned considering that the game was only officially announced last week.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 02-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Nothing has been confirmed yet. Anything is possible, but I doubt it highly.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

yeah nothing is confirmed, but awhile ago in a interview with someone from NaturalMotion he commented about all tackles bein different and all punches in a boxing game looking realistic. It has been rumored for awhile that 2k was coming out with a generic Football game, which is now fact and a boxing game, people put 2 and 2 together and kinda ran with it. I hope its true
Old 02-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #5

OVR: 34

I still say the best game to first run this on would be a boxing game. You have only two guys you have to worry about. You work at it, see how it does and then begin bringing it into more populated sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #6
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

But in a boxing game, there really isn't that much to show it off. The system in Fight Night is all you really need.

Personally, I think the next generation of consoles after this will see it, it is simply not well known enough for them to make developing it worth their while, most people probably wouldn't really notice the difference. Sports games are rarely at the forefront of technology advances for videogames, the shooters and action titles will use it first, draw the masses in and get recognition for it, and then it will go to sports games. That's my guess anyway.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #7
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
I can't see how this game would have been the one mentioned considering that the game was only officially announced last week.
Personally I would'nt be shocked if we do see this new technology in the game or atleast something else that will knock our socks off.

I believe this game has been in the works longer than any of us know. You know, top secret kind of stuff. I can see 2K Sports taking a step back at first (after Madden and EA became a monopoly) to come up with a strategy on continuing their football efforts, maybe 6 months hiatus tops. Finally deciding that they would move forward with a non sanctioned game because that's what the fans are wanting !!!

I might be wrong about this, but I bet this game has been in the works for over a year, maybe 18 months. With that kind of development time, I think we are in store for something special.

Purely speculation or just wishful thinking of course but only time will tell............

PSN: hoos4974
Old 02-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #8

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
But in a boxing game, there really isn't that much to show it off. The system in Fight Night is all you really need.

Personally, I think the next generation of consoles after this will see it, it is simply not well known enough for them to make developing it worth their while, most people probably wouldn't really notice the difference. Sports games are rarely at the forefront of technology advances for videogames, the shooters and action titles will use it first, draw the masses in and get recognition for it, and then it will go to sports games. That's my guess anyway.
I have to disagree about the system in Fight Night being all you need. Right now, that game has a set number of reactions based on one particular "if". So "If" you hit your opponent with a right hook, "then" his body responds in a certain LIMITED manner. That's how programming works.

From what I understand, the Natural Motion engine would give the athlete several different reactions based on their physical makeup. In Fight Night, every fighter responds with the same animation when hit, they just have a different physical appearance.

That's where this would make such a huge difference. You'd have boxers respoonding in different ways instead of a select few. And that's why I think you start with a game that has just two athletes to work with. It allows the developer to really nail down the system.

Edit: I'm no expert on any of this..lol..I'm just posting my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »