Home

What new Player Attributes would you like to see in APF 2K8?

This is a discussion on What new Player Attributes would you like to see in APF 2K8? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What new Player Attributes would you like to see in APF 2K8?

Clutch and Big Play potential.

I think that could be a BIG attribute for those that win during the season but choke during the playoffs. Sure it's not NFL but it could be applied to AP Football quite easily.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDangles
Clutch and Big Play potential.

I think that could be a BIG attribute for those that win during the season but choke during the playoffs. Sure it's not NFL but it could be applied to AP Football quite easily.
In 2k these issues were put/handled under Composure/Consistency. That's why even though they were not rated high in the game, the Pats WR's were gods. If it was 3rd and short and you needed a big play Brown, Branch and Givens would make the play because their composure/consistency was pretty high.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
2k had composure as a rating already. I think consistency is in there too. I'll have to look when I get home, it might be the other way around. I know it has at least one of these.
Ya, 2k had both composure and consistency already in it.

Maybe they should add a Snapping attribute so there's some negatives to putting just some random lineman as center or at long snapper. It would be great if there were some rare bad snaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Explosiveness is a good idea and can be used for any player on the field.
This is about the only attribute that is really missing from the 2K series.

The others are nice, but man it would be nice to have an Explosiveness/Acceleration attribute to work with.

Guys like Brain Westbrook, you know the guys that are not necessarily really fast but can get to speed in 2 or less steps, are really hurt without this attribute.

Others would be nice, but as far as I am concerned, this is the one I want the most.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

Vision

This was in 2k3 but was removed in 2k4 and 2k5. Obviously, the higher a player's vision, the better he can see which in turn makes him react faster to what's happening around him.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:02 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 31

QB Arm distance - How far a QB can throw the ball down field. Important considering the max any QB could throw in 2k5 was 44 yards or something like that.

Winner - A rating that would be totally based off of history of winning and losing. Effects overall and salary structure not to mention on field bonuses in big games.

Attributes Styles - For QB's, RB's and WR's.....how they run the ball, throw the ball and what not. QB styles would be like Straight Dropback, Option Runner, Dropback Scrambler, West Coast disciple, Gunslinger. RB styles would be like Scat Back, Short Yardage Back, All Around etc....animation specific to these styles.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #15
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I will be in the minority here, but I would like to see them keep things simple. I have found that some video games try to get so complex with ratings and attributes that in the end it becomes a big hodge podge where everything evens out.

Now I am not saying that things should be simplified to a Tecmo Bowl degree. But one cool thing about Tecmo Bowl was that good teams were good. It was much tougher playing SF than Cleveland. And the CPU controlled powerhouses usually made the playoffs while the CPU cream puffs rarely did.

I may have been scarred by NHL2K4. That game had tons of attributes, and some of them were totally absurd and had absolutely no effect.....I think "Leadership" may have been one of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »