Home

I believe 2ksports is focusing on the PS3 console for this game.

This is a discussion on I believe 2ksports is focusing on the PS3 console for this game. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: I believe 2ksports is focusing on the PS3 console for this game.

Well I learned a couple of things from the thread. I now know what djordan's screenname is on the 2K boards http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105776
This thread was put to bed 3 days ago by yours truly.

But like it was said before this game is basically going to play identical on both systems. It's actually going to be whether you like whatever gimick they come up with for the sixaxis or whether you prefer the 360's rumble feature. I for one prefer the rumble and couldn't see myself playing any sports, hell , just about any game without it. But that's just my taste. Still you'll see identical versions and gameplay on both systems.

But I'll say in this thread what i said in the IDENTICAL thread over on 2K. A few posts in here sound like people trying to justify purchases they made while feeling they "missed out" by not going the other way. Just wait. Both consoles have yet to shine and when they do they will do equally. That being said however, GOW is one helluva game and I'm not even into fps AT ALL but I can't get enough of it. Never bought HALO in my life but Gears.... anyway , I digress.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 22

The game will look great on both systems... One thing i like about 360 over the ps3 is its custom built graphics chip from ATI... where as ps3 is basically using a slapped in Geforce 7800 pc card.. its basically the same as its pc counterpart.. the 360's graphics chip is even more cutting edge then whats in the ps3. To me, its not the cpu's thats gonna make a huge diffrence between the two systems..both have insanely powerful cpu's in each system..i believe the quality of the graphics chips is gonna seperate the two..and as is, the 360 has the better graphics chip. Infact even though its anot an exact Dx10 chip, it can do Dx10 effects.. the ps3's chip cant do that.

Remember who made the 360, the same guys that develop the new cutting edge Directx 10 graphics... ms isnt gonna leave they beloved 360 in the dust and not be able to do Dx10 effects.

Again, im not saying 360 is better then ps3..both are nice machines and very capable of many things..i just like the 360's hardware better.

By the way BluRay is gonna make no diffrence in graphics..the only thing REALLY it has over a dvd is it can have a crap load of High Def movie/cut scene videos..but believe me, WMV-HD compression is more then good enough for 360 games. Texture size is really a non issues... with the nice compression today, dvd is plenty for next gen visuals. Besides, we are talking about a sports game... which im into most.. sports games dont need a crap load of movies or cutscenes.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 9

I don't think this article says anything other than the fact that Greg Thomas was waiting to more or less have the thing ready to go on the PS3 before they were going to announce it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #76
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
1080i and 1080p really mean nothing to the argument either, since there are several 1080p 360 games coming, NBA Street, Virtual Tennis, etc. APF 2K8 could be 1080p on both systems as well.
True, but the problem with the 360's 1080p is that it's only done through VGA or component. VERY few tvs support 1080p over VGA or component, most do it through HDMI.

My LCD actually takes 1080p through component and HDMI and my larger tv does it through HDMI only, so I'm covered having both a 360 and PS3. The transferring of saves will be easier on the PS3, so that's the version of the game I'll be getting.

Better question is....who's gonna do the customization? We need to setup some customization teams for both systems.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkapryde
True, but the problem with the 360's 1080p is that it's only done through VGA or component. VERY few tvs support 1080p over VGA or component, most do it through HDMI.

My LCD actually takes 1080p through component and HDMI and my larger tv does it through HDMI only, so I'm covered having both a 360 and PS3. The transferring of saves will be easier on the PS3, so that's the version of the game I'll be getting.

Better question is....who's gonna do the customization? We need to setup some customization teams for both systems.
Thats why I am considering getting the PS3 version, adding customization files and rosters would be very easy via usb flash drive.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 16

LOL. I was just basing this off the article itself. Thats all.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:32 AM   #79
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
LOL. I was just basing this off the article itself. Thats all.
It's all good, there won't be any major differences.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #80
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkapryde

1080P is overated in my opinion. Unless you have a 3,000 TV the difference is not that noticeable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »