Home

I believe 2ksports is focusing on the PS3 console for this game.

This is a discussion on I believe 2ksports is focusing on the PS3 console for this game. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #41
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: I believe 2ksports is focusing on the PS3 console for this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
It does seem that way...but why? Those dopes who are "for" one console and "against" another are advocating the same thing we presently have in the NFL video game world - a monopoly. Why can't there be two (or three) consoles that are all fun to have and fun to play?
Touche TJ.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #42
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

I own a 360 and a Wii, and I hope to have a PS3 by the time this football game comes out- so I'm pretty "console agnostic". But to read posts from people who claim that theirs is the version that will be better than the other is halarious. I recall with Madden 07 many of the same people said that even though that the 07 game for 360 was pretty poor, they knew that Sony would have all this special stuff in store for the PS3 release and the game would be a world-beater.

How'd that work out? Anyone? Anyone?

The bottom line, this game is going to be a huge underdog as it is. Granted, we all hope its an AWESOME underdog- but its going to need to fight and claw for every sale outside of the hardcore crowd (like us). That said, I doubt 2K would find it wise to alienate the 360 in spite of the PS3, or vice versa. That would be bad business- particularly with a release that is going to want to make every sale it can.

Plus, we need to realize that this game is also a dress-rehearsal for 2K to show off to the NFL that "exclusive" was surely not the way to go. So punking one system over another isn't going to really help that cause too much.

But the "mine's better than yours" posts are really funny. My only question is when are we coordinating the food fight, and where's the cool kid's table?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 13

I'm just happy the game is coming out. Historically, it seems 2K's history is to develop for the Microsoft-based system (based on XBox) and port, and given that the 360 appears to be the more dominant console in the U.S. (which is the sole market for this game), it would make sense to design for X360, but it doesn't really matter, does it? NBA2K is phenomenal on both systems.

Jeez, the game is just announced and we have to turn this into a console war? Weren't we all just united a week ago in wanting this game, now we're bashing the other consoles? 360/PS3/Wii whatever the focus is - just get me the game.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #44
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Well the interview was in the PS3 section, thus the mention. 2k built the last gen games off Xbox & ported down to PS2 and it'll probably be the same here.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #45
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Console fanboys are really stupid... Why is it when people have to save all their pennies for a particular system and can't afford another one, they have to justify their decision by putting the other ones down.

I believe you won't be able to tell 2% of a difference between the two once it's released. Arguing about it at this point is totally silly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 9

I really don't believe that statement, I mean games on the PS3 that are ported from 360 have a bad track record. Framerate problems are the number one complaint, plus the ease of development and support from Microsoft for the 360 is head and shoulders above Sony and the PS3. You only have to look at the installed base to see which system is the number one target.

Xbox 360 - 10 million
PS3 - 1.5 million

Do the math.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:14 AM   #47
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
I really don't believe that statement, I mean games on the PS3 that are ported from 360 have a bad track record. Framerate problems are the number one complaint, plus the ease of development and support from Microsoft for the 360 is head and shoulders above Sony and the PS3. You only have to look at the installed base to see which system is the number one target.

Xbox 360 - 10 million
PS3 - 1.5 million

Do the math.
Stupid argument. Fanboy!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:41 AM   #48
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Next person that uses the term fanboy is taking a break.

The game will be on both the 360 and the PS3. It will be virtually identical all the way down to the shoe laces. The only difference will be the SixAxis controller. Since the game will come out the same day on both systems, there won't be graphical differences.

Now, carry on.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »