Home

I believe 2ksports is focusing on the PS3 console for this game.

This is a discussion on I believe 2ksports is focusing on the PS3 console for this game. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:59 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: I believe 2ksports is focusing on the PS3 console for this game.

I have all three next-gen systems so i'll buy the version which looks and plays the best and I don't care if it's the PS3 or 360 it doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad to play something other than Madden.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:59 AM   #50
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

If the 2k guys making this game want the two versions to be alike, then they will HAVE to spend more time on the PS3 version because the system is such a pain to make games for. The large majority of PS3 games that are 360 ports have been the inferior version so far. If the 2k guys spend more time on the PS3 version, it will be equal. Otherwise, you will see the same problems in this comparison of the two that you see in almost every other multi-platform game. That being the PS3 version having framerate problems, washed-out textures, less detail etc etc

As time goes on, these won't be issues, but for now that learning curve is still very steep for these developers on the PS3 and it will be a reality that PS3 owners will have to put up with for a little while longer.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:59 AM   #51
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Next person that uses the term fanboy is taking a break.

The game will be on both the 360 and the PS3. It will be virtually identical all the way down to the shoe laces. The only difference will be the SixAxis controller. Since the game will come out the same day on both systems, there won't be graphical differences.

Now, carry on.
Exactly Extreme!!! It just wouldn't be good business to make one alot better then the other. 2k football has a ton riding on this game. If they would concentrate on 1 platform, There would be alot of pissed off gamers because their console isn't close to the other. 2kfootball can't afford that. They have to create a fantastic game for everyone to enjoy. I think 2kfootball will do just that....Make the best game possible for EVERY console
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #52
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod

Xbox 360 - 10 million
PS3 - 1.5 million

Do the math.
I have both a PS3 and 360. The 360 hasn't sold 10 mill, it's shipped that many.

http://www.vgcharts.org/

Back on topic, I will be getting the game on the ps3 for the simple fact that it will be a helluva lot easier transferring saves/rosters/etc with a flash drive. That is one huge advantage for the PS3 esp with a game like this that will have a lot of customization options that people can share. Forget all those datel transfer kits and 360 memory cards. I just want some more info on the game like many others do.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 11

The PS3 is newer and has a reputation for being much more difficult to develop for than the 360. There's nothing in that statement that implies that 2K will be focusing on the PS3 over the 360 only that they couldn't have been ready for the PS3 launch. The 360 and PS3 versions of the game will be nearly identical.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:49 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 22

10+ xbox 360's sold or soon to be sold
2 million ps3's sold

I dont think so, MLB 2k was built from ground up for 360 and it'll e ported to ps3. Dev's go with the larger user base..it only makes sense.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:31 AM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkapryde
Back on topic, I will be getting the game on the ps3 for the simple fact that it will be a helluva lot easier transferring saves/rosters/etc with a flash drive. That is one huge advantage for the PS3 esp with a game like this that will have a lot of customization options that people can share. Forget all those datel transfer kits and 360 memory cards. I just want some more info on the game like many others do.
I am on that line of thinking also. The only thing that may get me to get it on the 360 is that 99% of the people I play online are on XBL as opposed to PSN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2007, 09:25 AM   #56
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

at EG and xylocaine.

It'll be a fantastic game, whichever flavor of console you get it for. Everyone just relax. Neither console is going to get shafted.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »