Home

All pro football 2k8 in May GI issue

This is a discussion on All pro football 2k8 in May GI issue within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: All pro football 2k8 in April GI issue

Waiting to see pics in a videogame magazine...that's old school. I love it. I can remember the days about 10 years ago, before the internet, when my only source of sports gaming news was a couple of pages (if we were lucky) in EGM or GI or even Gamepro (how embarassing).
Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 17

those were the days GT, these kids coming up now don't know anything about that! Going to the grocery store or the mall on saturday hoping to get a glimpse at a few screens from an upcoming hit.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #11

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Waiting to see pics in a videogame magazine...that's old school. I love it. I can remember the days about 10 years ago, before the internet, when my only source of sports gaming news was a couple of pages (if we were lucky) in EGM or GI or even Gamepro (how embarassing).
I used to go to EB and Babbages, and at that time you'd look on the screens they had showing off whatever game was recently released. One thing that always bothered me was how misinformed some of the people were at those places. Not always, but there were some ignorant people working there.

Now we can see a game months ahead of it's release. Heck, the game is picked apart, judged and determined whether it's good enough a good month before the game comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 21

I was wondering if a magazine layout may have been part of the reason they announced the game when they did, and gave out so little info (it's my understanding there's a two month lead time for info that appears in the magazines). Would be nice if they had an exclusive cover story with details about the game. This would sort of coincide with the April draft coming up; perhaps this adds to the chance that we'll have decent information about the game by the time the draft comes around

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
this will be the first Game Informer magazine that I will buy, see what 2k8 football can do?

Ditto!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:21 AM   #14
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Damn...we're only a week away from a first look!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:26 AM   #15

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I was wondering if a magazine layout may have been part of the reason they announced the game when they did, and gave out so little info (it's my understanding there's a two month lead time for info that appears in the magazines). Would be nice if they had an exclusive cover story with details about the game. This would sort of coincide with the April draft coming up; perhaps this adds to the chance that we'll have decent information about the game by the time the draft comes around
Man, I sure would hope so. How sweet would it be to have this game on the cover? I don't know though. It seems 2K just never hits the high note with marketing. I will be very impressed if they land a cover with GI. I could care less about the magazine, but it is the console gaming magazine of the masses.

I'm thinking we are hyping this "first look" of the game just like we are the actual game. I just hope it's not a quick preview, only reinforcing that the game is coming out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Man, I sure would hope so. How sweet would it be to have this game on the cover? I don't know though. It seems 2K just never hits the high note with marketing. I will be very impressed if they land a cover with GI. I could care less about the magazine, but it is the console gaming magazine of the masses.

I'm thinking we are hyping this "first look" of the game just like we are the actual game. I just hope it's not a quick preview, only reinforcing that the game is coming out.
Unfortunately, APF 2k8 will not be the cover story according to GameInformer's website: http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1154.00546.htm

It says that the cover story for the April issue is Naughty Dog's new project.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »