Home

EB/Gamestop Pre Orders For 2k8

This is a discussion on EB/Gamestop Pre Orders For 2k8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #17
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: EB/Gamestop Pre Orders For 2k8

I'll be pre-ordering 5 copies this weekend 3 on Xbox 360 and 2 on PS3.

Giving 2k their support and props.

2 copies for me and 1 for my brother on 360

1 on PS3 for me, and another for my cousin on PS3.

They'll re-inverse me on the money.

I hope 2k releases a Collectors Edition. They don't do that on Sports games and they need too.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #18
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

I will pre order 2 copies. I want to support 2k any way I can. I will buy one and give one to my cousin. He is in college. With a game like 2k could be where is there a better place to advertise. A college campus with a lobby that people play videogames. Otherwise I don't think he will buy it because someone will have new madden and they will play that. I will just give them a better option!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 25

Its unfortunate that it currently is $59.99, as I really hoped they would drop it about $10. Maybe even $5, anything to help them gain some more purchases.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #20
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Its unfortunate that it currently is $59.99, as I really hoped they would drop it about $10. Maybe even $5, anything to help them gain some more purchases.

From a marketing standpoint, dropping the price even $5 below maddens cost, is showing a weakness.

$59.99 is substantial..and should stay. Alot of Madden followers and football game purchasers, strayed from 2k5 because of the $20 price tag. Yes it was good for us followers and sims. But for the average buyer. It says this game must suck.

Dropping the price will stray away customers, because they will think since its cheap or cheaper, it must be something wrong with it. 2ksports is doing the right thing, keeping it $59.99.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #21
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Plus I think we are in store for a heck of a pigskin title.. With the stakes high on a return they have to and they will
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 12:48 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

Yeah you will definitely want to pre-order this game. The game stores usually don't carry too many copies other than pre-orders, and if this game picks up some hype from the general crowd, you would not want to have to wait any longer than release for this game. I know I will be pre-ordering, cause I am not taking any chances.

As far as the 59.99 price tag, this is standard for next gen 3rd party games. 2k already took the tact of a price drop, and got the game in enough people's hands where they know what they are getting for their money, quality football gaming. Like someone already said, $59.99 says 2k is telling that unsure gamer that, yes, people are paying 60 bucks for this, so it must be worth it. I am still hoping June on a release, but summer is not in June.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:34 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
From a marketing standpoint, dropping the price even $5 below maddens cost, is showing a weakness.

$59.99 is substantial..and should stay. Alot of Madden followers and football game purchasers, strayed from 2k5 because of the $20 price tag. Yes it was good for us followers and sims. But for the average buyer. It says this game must suck.

Dropping the price will stray away customers, because they will think since its cheap or cheaper, it must be something wrong with it. 2ksports is doing the right thing, keeping it $59.99.
No, it doesn't show a weakness, it represents a value if it is a good game. Everyone here has short memories, but when 2k5 released at $20 it increased sales of the product more than 6 times over 2K4 (approx 2.5 million copies vs. 400K) and forced Madden to drop their price to $29.99 (which in all probability is what caused EA to spend whatever it took to lock up the NFL - and every other football - license).

To get people to change their habits (which is what this comes down to) you need to give them a reason. Perhaps that reason will be a superior product, and I would argue that EA has been giving gamers a reason to look elsewhere which helps the cause. I'm sure all the self proclaimed marketing geniuses in here know the saying "It's cheaper and easier to keep an existing customer than to gain a new customer." Well, EA has all the football customers, so 2k will have to outspend them (in form of discounts, advertising, product placement, etc) to make any real impact in this genre. To say that the pricing strategy didn't work, and doesn't work in many competitive retail environments is just flat out wrong.

I'm sure you don't shop for something and say "I want to spend the most money possible, even if there is no real discernible difference in the product." Well, here we have a definite discernible difference in two football game products - NFL licensing. So 2K needs to demonstrate significantly better gameplay, leagues, customization, etc....and in order to do that they need to get the game into people's hands.

I'd argue (and have ad nauseum on this board) that the best way to get the game in people's hands is an early release when some gamers will pick it up just to see what 2K is offering since Madden isn't out for about 2 months, but the current projected release date doesn't signal that. If they actually do release around Madden, and at a standard price, I fear this game will be picked up by the 2K loyalists, but we will be back around 2k4 sales numbers, which prorated to the next-gen consoles probably equals about 200K in unit sales. If that happens, I'm afraid we won't see another version of 2K football for a while, and that would be too bad.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #24
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I have to laugh at some of you preordering 4-5 copies of the game.... LOL I don't understand why at all, but whatever.

I won't preorder it, I hardly ever preorder any game, I have to be there with extra money from trade in's to drop down on games, but I've never had any issue finding a single game ever.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »