Home

All Pro Football to outsell Madden?

This is a discussion on All Pro Football to outsell Madden? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #41
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: All Pro Football to outsell Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Madden isn't going anywhere. I don't know if threads like these are wishful thinking or what, but to say Madden will sell less than All-Pro is simply idiotic.

Madden 06 was one of the 360's most popular launch titles. Madden 06!

Madden 08 will be huge on the 360. It's going to sell probably 10 times more than All-Pro, Heck, it's going to sell 100 times more.
I really can't agree or disagree with this statement because I think it's going to come down to what info we get about both games and people will get a idea what each game offers and if Madden ends up being tha same game as the following years then you would have to be a idiot to rebuy the same game with a different year. I think APF will do better than what people think because people are tired of the same game each year from Madden but Madden has the name and EA has beaten that dead horse. IMO... If Madden doesn't do anything great this year and APF does I bet you that next years versions APF wins in sales. That's if they make another APF. My wish is that EA steps up and makes a new and refreshing football game and APF is also great so the fans will have options.

Last edited by BSanders; 02-12-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #42
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

As many have said already, outselling Madden should not be the goal this year. It's all about re-establishing 2K brand recognition in football. When the license becomes available (I'm praying it does), then we can start comparing sales.

Until then, let's just hope for a good game.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #43

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
I really can't agree or disagree with this statement because I think it's going to come down to what info we get about both games and people will get a idea what each game offers and if Madden ends up being tha same game as the following years then you would have to be a idiot to rebuy the same game with a different year. I think APF will do better than what people think because people are tired of the same game each year from Madden but Madden has the name and EA has beaten that dead horse. IMO... If Madden doesn't do anything great this year and APF does I bet you that next years versions APF wins in sales. That's if they make another APF. My wish is that EA steps up and makes a new and refreshing football game and APF is also great so the fans will have options.
I see what you're saying, but Madden is so huge, and being that the game purposefully appeals to a broader audience than the "sim-crowd", I just don't see Madden losing sales to the point of All-Pro outselling it.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #44
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

There is no chance in He11 that All pro will outsell Madden... When football season is around the corner Moms and Dads watching the news see Madden 08 is on CNN,ESPN,LOCAL NEWS etc etc.. Well guess what. Moms and Dads will run out and buy MAdden for Little Johnny.... While at the gamestore, Moms and Dads will look at allpro and think WTH is this, grab madden and purchase it. Madden is the household name and adults buying football games just know madden.

With that said, If All Pro 2k8 can get hot out of the gates and Madden continues to be the same tired game with same annimations and cough radio announcers in the next couple of years, I think the tide will truly change. More people then ever are annoyed with Madden. No not just on these boards but the people I talk to are frankly tired of it. I think Maddens shortcomings this year is really starting to show... One day I was reading the paper USA TODAY and there was a article on just that. Madden is on the decline...

I tell you what though, This year is HUGE for the future of 2k football. They have to go all out because they will be truly under the microscope.. I will because I'm a 2k football fan but if 2k sports puts out a product that is totally different from what all of us are thinking "customization" then The future won't look that good.

Time will tell what truly happens. None of us really know. I am just happy 2k football is back and will not make the mistake of buying madden. In the future , if I buy madden it will be a used copy so Ea doesn't get my money..
Old 02-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #45
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
No matter how much you want APF to outsell Madden, I just don't see it happening.

And I don't believe that the ratio of purchases of APF to Madden will be 1 to 1.
It’s really not of my wants, rather a prediction that 2K can
outsell Madden this year – I am actually curious to see how
Madden 2008 pans out for the Wii – if it’s good, I may very
well buy that version.

I realise past sales figures may not mean much as 2K had
The NFL license but this is a game that is made from a
company that already has a leg-up on EA as far as games
go on the 360 and PS3 with respect to quality-and this is
carrying over to sales, ie, NBA2K > NBA Live.

Hey look, APF is already outselling Madden:
EB/Gamestop Pre Orders For 2k8

Last edited by FORMULA316; 02-12-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2007, 05:30 PM   #46
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
It’s really not of my wants, rather a prediction that 2K can
outsell Madden this year – I am actually curious to see how
Madden 2008 pans out for the Wii – if it’s good, I may very
well buy that version.

I realise past sales figures may not mean much as 2K had
The NFL license but this is a game that is made from a
company that already has a leg-up on EA as far as games
go on the 360 and PS3 with respect to quality-and this is
carrying over to sales, ie, NBA2K > NBA Live.

Hey look, APF is already outselling Madden:
EB/Gamestop Pre Orders For 2k8
Man I am the biggest 2k fan on the planet, I even have airbrushed shirts and bath towels....but really....Its not going to happen.

Only way 2k will even come close in sales, is major advertising, and contest and challenge....2k needs to have a football tournament, just as EA does, let it get televised. When people across the nation see this game being played. More people will head to stores and try to buy this up.

Who's ever in their marketing department needs to be fired. I can do a better job. I'd be over their lead marketing team and in under a year, have 2k at the highest ranks.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 02-12-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #47
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Man I am the biggest 2k fan on the planet, I even have airbrushed shirts and bath towels....but really....Its not going to happen.

Only 2k will even come close in sales, is major advertising, and contest and challenge....2k needs to have a football tournament, just as EA does, let it get televised. When people across the nation see this game being played. More people will head to stores and try to buy this up.

Who's ever in their marketing department needs to be fired. I can do a better job. I'd be over their lead marketing team and in under a year, have 2k at the highest ranks.
If anything I am used to going up against Huge Marketing Brand Awareness
Juggernauts and WIN the account. I am in sales and maybe part of
me is rooting for 2K - but really I think 2K is doing a very good job at
marketing their brand of 'Sports Video Gaming'. It might be bold to predict
a 2K victory, but I think it's foolish to think that Madden will simply
"crush" APF. My gut tells me 2K will market this game, not just on emedia
but on TV as well. Now this is pure speculation but I suspect that after
2 years of Madden, gamers might be curious to try the 'new' toy - afterall
now there is actually a choice. Go back a few years Apple couldn't sell
a computer then along came ipod - they created the desire and now
consumers buy both the Apple PC's and ipods.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 11

Owning the exclusive NFL license is a huge marketing advantage which is why EA was willing to shell out millions of dollars for it. 2K Sports won't be able to compete on a level playing field with Madden until they get the NFL license back.

I know that a lot of people here are disappointed in next gen Madden so far (myself included) but there's no chance that APF will outsell Madden and there's not even a guarantee that it will be a better game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »