Home

New Article about APF 2K8 from Mr. "unbelievable"

This is a discussion on New Article about APF 2K8 from Mr. "unbelievable" within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #17
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New Article about APF 2K8 from Mr. "unbelievable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
EA doesn't decide when to take pre-orders. Game stores do.

And the stores started taking pre-orders the week of the Super Bowl because football was on everyone's mind.

ok maybe so, but like I said I have never bought either of these games, and from people ive asked on different message boards and at EB/Gamestop when I stopped by pre orders as I was told have never started this early. I find it hard to believe that EA has nothing to do with when a store can start pre selling their games, but like I said I dont know for sure so if im wrong then im wrong no biggie
Old 02-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
ok maybe so, but like I said I have never bought either of these games, and from people ive asked on different message boards and at EB/Gamestop when I stopped by pre orders as I was told have never started this early. I find it hard to believe that EA has nothing to do with when a store can start pre selling their games, but like I said I dont know for sure so if im wrong then im wrong no biggie

Trust me, EA has nothing to do with EB/Gamestop taking pre-orders.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Trust me, EA has nothing to do with EB/Gamestop taking pre-orders.
Just let him believe what he wants to believe. It will help him sleep better at night.

EA could care less about this game causing competetion between the two. There will be none. Madden will win in sales by a large number. EA will surely look at this game and try steal any ideas that they can from it for next years Madden. Too bad it will take them 3 years to include it all.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen1
Make no miskate about it APF 2K8 will sell lots of games. Lets for example say they do sell 1 million copies of APF (which I think is very possible) and 1/2 of those people brought APF instead of Madden like I will. Thats 500,000 X $60.00 which is $30 million dollars that will not go into EA coffers. You say that is peanuts to EA well look at it this way. That is close to what EA is paying the NFL yealy for their licence. They will take notice for sure and probaby do some underhand or dirty trick to put a damper on the release.
See this is EXACTLY what I mean.....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166046...ewstop;title;2

Can't play fair and make a good product... Buy the competition out!!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #21
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching
Just let him believe what he wants to believe. It will help him sleep better at night.

EA could care less about this game causing competetion between the two. There will be none. Madden will win in sales by a large number. EA will surely look at this game and try steal any ideas that they can from it for next years Madden. Too bad it will take them 3 years to include it all.
I sleep good at night regardless of what goes on in video game world. As I said I never bought Madden or NCAA. I was told by people who buy and people who sale the games that pre orders for those games never started this early. Yeah I see how they could care less, After getting the rights to NFL, they went out and got rights to all other leagues of football just so nobody aka 2k could make a game. Or am I wrong about this also?

Last edited by Sinner; 02-16-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »