Home

Could All-Pro Look Like This...

This is a discussion on Could All-Pro Look Like This... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2007, 11:05 PM   #9
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Could All-Pro Look Like This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouD
I hate to break it to you, but there's two things wrong here:

1. 2K is the company to pull this off? Please. Not even Epic's Unreal Engine 3 (think Gears of War) looks this good. No developer has the ability to pull this off (yet).

2. The 360 can't do this. It's just not possible.
How do you know what the 360 or PS3 will max at...?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
How do you know what the 360 or PS3 will max at...?
I don't, but it definitely isn't at what this CG clip was showing.
Cliffy B - the guy behind Gears of War - said in an interview that he thinks Gears was already pushing the boundaries and limits of the hardware. Granted, it's relatively early in the console's cycle, but I highly doubt there's going to be such a drastic jump from what GoW offers to what was shown in this clip.

As for the PS3 vs. 360 debate, it might as well be a wash. One won't be far superior than the other in the end.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:39 PM   #11
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
I don't, but it definitely isn't at what this CG clip was showing.
Cliffy B - the guy behind Gears of War - said in an interview that he thinks Gears was already pushing the boundaries and limits of the hardware. Granted, it's relatively early in the console's cycle, but I highly doubt there's going to be such a drastic jump from what GoW offers to what was shown in this clip.

As for the PS3 vs. 360 debate, it might as well be a wash. One won't be far superior than the other in the end.
No he didn't...he said that Gears of War, wasn't even scratching the surface, and they could have did alot more. They began developing on the beta kits.

The final development kits showed him, it could have done more.

Quote:
EGM: Graphically speaking, is there room to improve?

CB: I think there's more that we could squeeze out of the 360. You get used to the limitations and potential that this console has, and then you can really start exploring. I guarantee that, in the future, the technology of what we do here will squeeze every bit of coolness out of [the 360]. If there's a follow-up, it'll definitely look better than the first.
Quote:
GAMESPOT INTERVIEW....
Having worked on Xbox 360, from a technology standpoint, how much more do you think the system can be pushed with future games?

I think there's plenty of room to push and experiment when it comes to physics and AI and real-time lighting. I think we've only scratched the surface of what we can do with gameplay as well as the 360. There's far more potential down the road to do more stuff. As amazing as I think Gears is, and my gut tells me I still love playing it, I think we have a really incredible experience; I think we'll definitely push it further if we get around to dong a new version in the future.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 02-23-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2007, 12:38 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Listen, I don't want to get into a huge debate here, but all he says is that he expects major improvements in "physics, and AI, and real-time lighting." Those are computational elements, coming from figuring out how to best use the 3 cores. Graphics will mainly come from the GPU (possible bottleneck?).

I doubt the 360 will ever look this great without being able to do DirectX 10. HOWEVER, don't get me wrong, I own and love my 360, and am salivating over the chance to play APF. Have you seen the MLB 2K7 videos? Just imagine what they've been working on for All-Pro!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:51 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 13

I still laugh at the target videos EA was throwing out there prior to Madden 360's release...I just wonder why the Madden folks aren't completely killing EA over the totally blatant subterfuge - I know I'd be pissed if a company released videos of a game I was totally pumped about, made bold statements about how the actual game would probably look "BETTER" than those videos, then released Madden 360....Not that it's ugly, it's just nowhere NEAR where those videos implied the game was going to be (graphically, anyway).
Old 02-23-2007, 01:21 AM   #14
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Listen, I don't want to get into a huge debate here, but all he says is that he expects major improvements in "physics, and AI, and real-time lighting." Those are computational elements, coming from figuring out how to best use the 3 cores. Graphics will mainly come from the GPU (possible bottleneck?).

I doubt the 360 will ever look this great without being able to do DirectX 10. HOWEVER, don't get me wrong, I own and love my 360, and am salivating over the chance to play APF. Have you seen the MLB 2K7 videos? Just imagine what they've been working on for All-Pro!
No offense dawg but you're not really sure what you want to think. You're contradicting your posts. I don't know what your true intentions are but you honestly need to make sure that you research before you press submit because you got called out for your joint on the first page. The 360 is much more powerful than we're seeing now. In observing what the PS2 is doing with games like GT for example, I can only imagine what the 360 will be pushing for when it comes on year 4/5. APL might not get it the first time, but I'd tell you that the freaking system to take whatever the heck is thrown at it. Nobody has seemed to complain yet about it being bottlenecked. You're talking out your bungee.......don't play yourself.

After playing NBA 2K7, I can honestly see VC/T2 making a pretty great game that could rival that gridiron movie. That joint was so hot. Much better than that Madden thing. I honestly doubt they'll get it right the first time, but I'm still dreaming about what I saw in NFL 2K5. They sure did a great thing with their NBA title for this year. I'm definitely anticipating what they have up their sleeve. I can't WAIT!!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:56 AM   #15
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Honestly, that could be recreated. Probably not those animations, because those were all pre-generated for the cinematic, rather than being on-command controls (Euphoria/Endorphin, anyone?). Also remember that we're playing from an up above camera, so the snow intensity could never be like that anyway, since you wouldn't be able to see ****... not to mention those shaky/pulse ground cameras were mostly what made the movie's effects, along with the snow.

The biggest questions are whether they're using 60 frames per second, if they're using NaturalMotion-based physics (I really don't know what name/product they used, so don't bash me for saying the wrong thing), and if they are able to just re-create that speed. The speed in video games is slow. I'm not saying that they have to speed it up, but everything on that video feels like a very nice pace, and when they hit the ground, it feels "heavy". I know that's all hard to explain, but I hope that it makes sense.

And honestly, the lighting in that video wasn't that great. They can definitely do better than that in terms of lighting.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2007, 07:38 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 16

Man you guys will be let down so much.

Some of you expect the best graphics EVER and the best animiations EVER.

Lower your expectations so you won't be dissappointed.

Im excited as hell about AP2k8 and believe 2k will outdue madden in the graphics and animations department but you guys take it to far...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »