Home

Would you buy AP2k8 if it didn't allow

This is a discussion on Would you buy AP2k8 if it didn't allow within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2007, 10:03 AM   #33
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Would you buy AP2k8 if it didn't allow

Yes, as long as it has online leagues like the other 2K sports games.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #34
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I'm buying this game so I can have a true next-gen football experience, on and off the field. I want this game to play like football.

If created teams/players aren't in, it's not too much of a issue. I'll still build my team as I like, with the strategies I like. It just won't be NFL, which isn't a gamekiller.
100% Agreed
Old 02-24-2007, 10:34 AM   #35
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Not that it matters to any of you guys, but I'd like to make it perfectly clear that I am buying this game out of pure principle.

It's not a matter of whether it has full customization. It's not a matter of it having legends. It's not even about having the rumored Natural Motion system.

What it is about is a company that in 5 years time really made a special football game. It wasn't a perfect game, but by the time they released NFL 2K5, it was the most entertaining sports game I had ever played. That game, while not perfection, was doing things its competition hasn't even touched on, even 2 years after the release of the 360, and 3 years after the NFL exclusive license.

So, it's about principle. It's about respecting a company that said, "we're going to give our fans a true next-gen footbal experience." and, when all is said and done, I highly doubt I'll be let down.

Call me a fanboy.

Fanboy j/k

PS: Before you fire back at me, please read my thread "2K5 Equals Crow"

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2007, 10:53 AM   #36
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Oh yes. The game was good enough to warrant buying now.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 29

Depends.

I'm not going to just run out and buy this game because it's 2k. I'm going to find out if it's actually any good first; that's what matters.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

If only more people had this mentally towards madden. Sigh
Old 02-25-2007, 03:29 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
To be honest. Im such a NFL2K fanboy and Im so excited about this game. They could print (THIS GAME SVCKS !!! ) in big bright letters on the cover and I would still buy it. For $75 bucks even. lol
This is the funniest thing I've read in a LOOONNG while. ROFLMAO!!!
Sad part about it even it they did do that at least they'd be telling us BEFOREHAND. Not like some companies. I had my warning to. I saw a vid of NCAA 07 that was posted on youtube or whatever with running back running across the middle for a pass. He got the play off but he stood there like 5 seconds running in place behind what looked to be a TE blocking before getting free. It was at this point that I decided there was no way I was buying that. I REALLY was going to but it. However what I should have done was put two and two together and saved my money (10 bucks with trade-ins) and just kept it moving. But that's ok, fool me once EA shame on you, fool me twice EA and shame on me. And I'm not used to being shamed and don' t plan to anytime soon.

I'm getting this game regardless. Face it. I gotta have some type of football and 2K is it. I already "blind faith" EA's junk and they blew their shot. Now they are no more than a word of mouth rental. I might as well buy 2K's game straight out. I did it with Madden for 07 so 2K should get a blind faith shot for 2K8.

EA had a chance to win me and they blew it. So if they want me back then they need to come STRONGER and I mean REAL STRONG.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:34 AM   #40
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
Created Teams and players? I've heard nothing that would suggest this. I'm merely asking if people would be interested in the game if they were forced to use the fictional teams and players created by the Games developers.
Definetely. I plan on playing it as is anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »