Home

I sure hope they took a Winning Eleven Approach to this game

This is a discussion on I sure hope they took a Winning Eleven Approach to this game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: I sure hope they took a Winning Eleven Approach to this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Since this game isnt coming out on the PC, there is only so much you can do. For example with WE/PES on the PC, I have authentic faces, stadiums, rosters, boots, uniforms and logos for the 6 major international leagues. With the PC though there are a ton of editors that help you create them.

I think it will be very difficult for 2k to add an editor that allows you to do that much. Hopefully we will be able to edit names and make the uniforms as close to NFL teams as possible. I'll be happy if we can at least do that.
Oh it's perfectly doable (editing with a PC), provided that 2K uses an option-file type format that WE has used. Then, all you need is an option file conversion tool to be able to make incredible changes on the PC and put them into the file.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDaniel
Oh it's perfectly doable (editing with a PC), provided that 2K uses an option-file type format that WE has used. Then, all you need is an option file conversion tool to be able to make incredible changes on the PC and put them into the file.
Its not that easy. The days of using editors like Finn's are long gone. You cant take a file from the 360, edit using an outside program and then reload it in the 360. The file will show up as corrupted and wont work.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #11
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Its not that easy. The days of using editors like Finn's are long gone. You cant take a file from the 360, edit using an outside program and then reload it in the 360. The file will show up as corrupted and wont work.
And it sucks too... These 360 sports games seem to need them more then the last gen games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #12
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

If 2K allows us to edit every attribute of the players and basic colors on the uniforms, that should be enough. If I can make the New York Giants with Blue jerseys and a Blue helmet, I am set. Logo creation would be nice but I rather them concentrate on the gameplay, franchise, and online.

Even all this is a lot to ask for if they are not just updating the NFL2K5 engine. So many people think programming this stuff is so easy.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

Don't be surprised if jersey and stadium editing is not in the game. Im trying to tell you cats its for your own good...lol
Old 03-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #14
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
The in-game editor will have to be solid then or somebody brilliant will have to get a workaround to it. I'm not holding my breath on the latter.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
If 2K allows us to edit every attribute of the players and basic colors on the uniforms, that should be enough. If I can make the New York Giants with Blue jerseys and a Blue helmet, I am set. Logo creation would be nice but I rather them concentrate on the gameplay, franchise, and online.

Even all this is a lot to ask for if they are not just updating the NFL2K5 engine. So many people think programming this stuff is so easy.
The theme of your post should be listened to... specifically the last two sentences. I wanted to highlight the first sentence though b/c it pretty much sums up what we hear alot around here. That should be enough... but it's not as easy as many make it sound.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2007, 04:51 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

Nobod knows exactly what they are gonna do...But for a different outlook at this...Maybe 2K releases an editor on marketplace, after you get it from there then you will be able to edit logos/faces/Stadiums/etc....Hey not sayin either way, but its an Different perspective on how them might implement some things

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »