Home

I have the May GI issue

This is a discussion on I have the May GI issue within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: I have the May GI issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
Ok guys ,i cant post any scans but i do have the issue in front of me.
Its 5 pages long with some decent info and quite a few pics

Ok first the graphics
This is definitely an early version because it looks like its not even XBOX 1
Although it is mentioned the graphics were very early and they would be improved

Now for the info i know you guys really want
ill just make bullet points

-No crib
-No first person football
-They have late hits
-You wont be able to recrete NFL teams or players
-No euphoria engine ( at least the way they spoke of it)
-greatlly improved animation engine
-Injuries actually take into account the type of hit and angle
-They do away with the 0-100 rating system. They now use a tier system that takes into account +/- rating in many different catagories.
-Stadiums are very animated, for example one team is named the Rhinos and the stadium has a giant animatronic Rhino built into it.
-Crowds now have 64 different types all with 64 different types of animation.
-AI is GREATLYimproved, running backs now actually use cutback lanes and dont get themselves caught behind the line
-O-line/D-line interaction has been greatly improved as well
-They say early footage they have seen shows great improvment in transition animation which makes the game run even more smooth than before.
-They have much more complicated animations now, for example a QB throwing on the run while being hit

There is a bit more but i have to get going, i'll back to answer any questions i can incase nobody else gets the mag today
Thanks for the info man, it is really appreciated. Can't wait to get my issue in. Was there any mention of NFL "Legends" being in the game? Inclusion of retired players have been a widely debated topic for the last couple years? Additionally, was there any mention of price or possible release date? Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Nah I understand what you're saying. Its one thing to not try to mimic the NFL, but its another not to give users the option. Options are always better than having none. I was just speaking from my perspective that it didnt matter to me either way.

By the way I remember you said something VC was mo-capping that you couldnt speak on. Was that tha QB getting hit while throwing, and on the run animations?
No. It's something else.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #67
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Now Sage, do you think you'll be in the majority with that opinion, or the minority?
I'm w/Sage. I said this in the other thread - I think this is an issue that will upset some of the hardcore, but I think this is one of those issues where casual gamers will accept the game for what it is. Personally I never saw the majority of people that will purchase the game making the effort to change the it to a cheap NFL clone. Imo 2K would be selling themselves short by trying to be a NFL knockoff. If/when EA gets their issues straight with Madden/NCAA, that would totally invalidate the game as a product (if they spent a lot of time focusing on skirting legal issues to give people the "kinda recreate the NFL" option"). Why spend time customizing when you have the real thing?

Can't wait to get the mag - graphics look very 2K5-like (player models). Was hoping for a bigger variation. Love the DB stance; stadium looked great

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #68
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
It's pretty dissapointing how they hinted at customization in that Gamespot interview, and they made it sound like they were listening to the fans and giving everyone what they want. They were making this game for the 2K fans.

Then on that page they say no customization, and if you don't like it shutup and deal with it.
I can scarcely imagine how much grief EA would catch if they made a statement like that.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #69
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
No. It's something else.
Oh ok thanx I was just curious. Im really excited for this game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

You think the Hangar is the name of the stadium?

Or is it just a section of ruthless fans similar to "The Hawks Nest" in Seattle?

Either way, pretty neat.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #71
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Nah I understand what you're saying. Its one thing to not try to mimic the NFL, but its another not to give users the option. Options are always better than having none. I was just speaking from my perspective that it didnt matter to me either way.

By the way I remember you said something VC was mo-capping that you couldnt speak on. Was that tha QB getting hit while throwing, and on the run animations?
That was one of them also they were trying to get weather related mo caps in and even tried mo capping in the rain. The weather related mo caps wont make it in this years game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #72
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I can scarcely imagine how much grief EA would catch if they made a statement like that.
Could you imagine the sheer number of posts if it was "the other company" who said that! No doubt!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »