Home

Some Key Quotes to Ease the Pain

This is a discussion on Some Key Quotes to Ease the Pain within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #9
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Some Key Quotes to Ease the Pain

"Here you can create multiple teams and pick which one gives you the best chance of winning"

I am probably wrong but to me this sounds like I am playing Armored Core 4. I have multiple mech builds and if I get killed I select another and try again. Somehow I am just not feeling this in terms of football. I guess I am too much of a traditionialist in that I want to build a team over time and see how it progresses. This leaves me with a more arcadish feel and not a sim football feel which is what I am looking for. It will interesting to see how this is accepted or not, although we really need a lot more details to see what this is even going to be.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 AM   #10

OVR: 34

I think the second quote is very comforting.

You have to remember, what he says is a generalization of the system they are implementing. You will most likely be a GM that manages with some type of rule system in place. I doubt it'll be a pick and choose type system where you can add/release players without some type of penalty to your team.

This is a good thread..lol...

Guys, the sky is not falling.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #11
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Wow...this is very interesting. I played online way more then offline, but I DID play offline. It just got kind of old after I dominated the computer year after year.

No franchise mode is probably a result of how in depth the online game is. This game is going to be completely different then any football experience we had....I am pumped...online is the future of gaming anyway, 2k is just ahead of the curve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
There's no rule about fake colleges. Super Play Action Football on SNES in the mid 1990s had fake college teams with unofficial names.

Like..."South Bend" for Notre Dame
"Tallahassee" for FSU

You can blame EA, but I don't think we should be blaming EA to excuse and rationalize every potentially questionable design decision 2K might make.
lol I almost spit my oatmeal out when I read your first couple sentences. It's always funny to me when people go back a decade or more to say what games were doing then and figuring it'd still be okay in today's billion dollar-let's sue world. I didn't even know there was a "Super Play Action Football" lol - think the title just got me.

Your point is valid, and again - perhaps they could've just thrown make believe names out. Again, it's a lot of jumping through hoops to try to give a certain illusion. It's possible that's the short sighted approach to take, and not necessarily the right one if you're trying to build something with a strong foundation.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-13-2007, 02:52 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

Even though EA has College football gaming rights, it does not mean another football game cannot use college names...Just cannot make a College football game...You cannot license names like Oregon, Pittsburgh, FSU etc..they are just letters & State City names...they don't fall into EA's exclusive deal, If they went that far, I'm sure someone would've atleast raised an eyebrow
Old 04-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Basically, that does nothing for those more interested in offline play.
Exactly my thoughts. I am a hardcore 2k gamer and I havent bought a Madden game in five years. I have prepaid for 2k8 because I love the series, but if 2k8 doesnt have a franchise mode or something that is somewhat close to franchise mode I won't buy it. I dont have time to play a crapload of games online nor the want. Franchise mode is the only mode I play going back for years. Hopefully I am wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »