Home

You guys need to think "outside the box" on this no franchise stuff...

This is a discussion on You guys need to think "outside the box" on this no franchise stuff... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: You guys need to think "outside the box" on this no franchise stuff...

I think they're going to copy whatever setups they use for online leagues for offline seasons as well. I think you'll able to create seasons, choose a number of human controlled teams, a number of CPU controlled teams, which teams are included, fantasy draft or not, how many games, how many teams make the playoffs, customize the schedules, etc. Possibily downloading other user's teams and letting their VIPs control them if you choose. At the end you can pick whether to stick with what's there or re-draft before the next season.

If they're really ambitious, they might allow online leagues with CPU teams in them. So that way if you and 3 online friends want to play a full season but don't want to rely on other people to play, you can set up a league with the CPU filling however many spots you want.

Or they might go with something like Tiger Woods is doing and let you upload highlights, replays or even entire games to the league's website for everyone to see. Maybe even have a website for your single player season with your stats, game logs, videos, etc uploaded automatically when you play while connected to either XBL or PSN.

Anyway, I seriously doubt that 2K brought this series back from the dead without having something really special in mind. They're smart enough to know that to even get noticed they had better bring a lot more to the table than Madden does. Even if it might not have exactly what you wanted, at this point I think we should at least keep an open mind. It might be something you really want but never knew it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
I think they're going to copy whatever setups they use for online leagues for offline seasons as well. I think you'll able to create seasons, choose a number of human controlled teams, a number of CPU controlled teams, which teams are included, fantasy draft or not, how many games, how many teams make the playoffs, customize the schedules, etc. Possibily downloading other user's teams and letting their VIPs control them if you choose. At the end you can pick whether to stick with what's there or re-draft before the next season.

If they're really ambitious, they might allow online leagues with CPU teams in them. So that way if you and 3 online friends want to play a full season but don't want to rely on other people to play, you can set up a league with the CPU filling however many spots you want.

Or they might go with something like Tiger Woods is doing and let you upload highlights, replays or even entire games to the league's website for everyone to see. Maybe even have a website for your single player season with your stats, game logs, videos, etc uploaded automatically when you play while connected to either XBL or PSN.

Anyway, I seriously doubt that 2K brought this series back from the dead without having something really special in mind. They're smart enough to know that to even get noticed they had better bring a lot more to the table than Madden does. Even if it might not have exactly what you wanted, at this point I think we should at least keep an open mind. It might be something you really want but never knew it.
Now we're getting somewhere.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9
Unhappy Re: You guys need to think "outside the box" on this no franchise stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
I think APF2K8 will be fun to play without a doubt but unfortunately with no multiple season franchise I will tire of it quickly. I like to build a team and track stats and draft new players. Franchise is at least half the fun for me. I can see having no franchise in lets say baseball where the season is 162 games anyway, most people play one season and that is it anyway. But football is only 16 games which I usually finish within two weeks in Madden, I love seeing players retire and age and have to think about how I will fill the gaps.

I understand 2K probably feels they need to do something different from Madden because without the license they can't compete, but the combination of no renaming NFL players and no multi-season franchise will probably leave me on the sidelines. At the very least it will leave me playing Madden the majority of the time and then playing APF2K8 to just screw around.
THis is exactly how I feel, I'm very disappointed!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #28
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
yeah right.

I palyed madden online three times, all of which were losses where I got beat by guys using lame madden tricks and roster subs. How's that for winning the game in the trenches? I find that a franchise mode with friends in 100% more enjoyable than playing losers who feel like they are kings online and only care about their record.

I love drafting and signing free agents in franchise. It has been a staple in sports games for years. To justify it being left out just makes you a blind fanboy. Companies are supposed to give consumers what they want, not tell them to take it or go away. Madden might actually sell better this year.
You said the word "I" a lot. Not everyone likes the same things as you.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I disagree. Gameplay is by far the most important aspect of any sports game imo. I don't think most people buy the sports games to play mini-GM. If you divide a sports game up into it's base elements, I'd say they are (in no particular order):

Gameplay
Graphics/Animations
Presentation
Franchise
Features

I think Gameplay is easily #1; Features is probably #5 - we could argue the order of the others. But I say gameplay because it's the reason most of us play the games.
Completely disagree. Gameplay and features are #1A and #1B in sports games. If this game basically boils down to a single player game of exhibition, then Sega really, really messed up. Hopefully they'll either rethink this, or have something better, but I've gone from really excited for the game to not caring until there's a franchise.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Believe you me, I'm with you 1000%, I love creativity, and gimmicky things. I like the outside the box things.
Same here.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #31
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Totally inaccurate comment. A huge part of a franchise mode is the offseason. Free agency, draft, player retirements... So tell me, how does all that fit into your little "Just start another season and boom Franchise!" theory?

It was a joke, basically saying, "Just play the game". Nothing to espouse any "theories" about.

Last edited by WaddupCouzin; 04-12-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
yeah right.

I palyed madden online three times, all of which were losses where I got beat by guys using lame madden tricks and roster subs. How's that for winning the game in the trenches? I find that a franchise mode with friends in 100% more enjoyable than playing losers who feel like they are kings online and only care about their record.

I love drafting and signing free agents in franchise. It has been a staple in sports games for years. To justify it being left out just makes you a blind fanboy. Companies are supposed to give consumers what they want, not tell them to take it or go away. Madden might actually sell better this year.
Thank you. I'm glad there are people other than mass fanboys on this site.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »