Home

Better pics of APF 2k8 from May GI

This is a discussion on Better pics of APF 2k8 from May GI within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2007, 12:45 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Better pics of APF 2k8 from May GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Now I understand why they didn't and wouldn't give out any information about the game and so forth. Because some of you guys just piss razor blades. Freaking enjoy the PREVIEW that was placed and relax. The freaking game hasn't even shipped. Looks freaking wonderful to me. The stadiums look like Madden stadiums except that they look more "fuller" for some reason. I'm not sure what it is, but it's nice. I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. Can't wait to see it up close and personal in my own magazine, and then on my own 360. I hope it supports 1080p because I'm definitely going to upgrade eventually.
The stadiums look like madden? Then I rest my earlier point that the game appears definitely lacking (for 2K sports I mean)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-15-2007, 12:50 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
The Stadiums look nice. If and I said if, they use the PFL team names, the Chicago Inferno stadium will be sweet.
the INFERNO was a nice teams concept, that helmet was straight HOT (no pun intended) lol
jacksonville, Hawaii, and new Orleans are a few im hoping made it into the game. and i hope they used that guys artwaork for them, that would be sweet
Old 04-15-2007, 01:40 AM   #35
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The stadiums look like madden? Then I rest my earlier point that the game appears definitely lacking (for 2K sports I mean)
No bro, don't get it twisted. The stadiums in Madden are the only things that I thought were the great graphical achievements put in. That's where I stop the comparisons. Waiting to see some gameplay which is never indicated by pictures and screenshots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2007, 02:19 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Now I understand why they didn't and wouldn't give out any information about the game and so forth. Because some of you guys just piss razor blades. Freaking enjoy the PREVIEW that was placed and relax. The freaking game hasn't even shipped. Looks freaking wonderful to me. The stadiums look like Madden stadiums except that they look more "fuller" for some reason. I'm not sure what it is, but it's nice. I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. Can't wait to see it up close and personal in my own magazine, and then on my own 360. I hope it supports 1080p because I'm definitely going to upgrade eventually.
absoulutely. I guess I'll just stay away until the game releases. Im buying regardless of what gets said, but geez the endless complaining is starting to irk me....Im just happy they are willing to make a game at all, considering the niche that it may have to fill as an alternative to the authentic "nfl" game. 2 years without any alternative on my next gen system. Im really happy with the preview so far, and I even think it looks fine. It reminds me an awful lot of those pics of the show on ps3. The stadiums look great the player models look ok, but not jaw dropping. Maybe, just maybe these early screens are EARLY SCREENS!
Old 04-15-2007, 03:00 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
the INFERNO was a nice teams concept, that helmet was straight HOT (no pun intended) lol
jacksonville, Hawaii, and new Orleans are a few im hoping made it into the game. and i hope they used that guys artwaork for them, that would be sweet
They might have legal problems with that team name, There is a women's hockey team already called the Chicago Inferno.

Do you have a link with the helmet design?
Old 04-15-2007, 05:00 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 15

After looking at the pics of the player models, I must say that im somewhat disappointed and still think that 2k5 looks better in this regard. However, like my friend told me today, I (and everyone else) just need to relax and here's why - with the game being in development for almost three years, who knows when those photos were actual photos. By that, I mean that VC could have given GI a copy from over a year ago in order to fool everyone on how the game will actually look in the final version. I'm not saying that this is true or not but it's definitely a possibility.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:43 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diadem
They might have legal problems with that team name, There is a women's hockey team already called the Chicago Inferno.

Do you have a link with the helmet design?
the site was www.support2ksports.com but its no longer up. it was created by a guy on the 2k boards. as they held the contest to select team names, the guy (who i think was a graphic artist) would crate a helmet design. he had about 16 teams done when the site went down. some of them were NICE!!!!
some members over on the 2k boards still use his helmets as avatars, but they are realy small so you cant see the detail he put into it. even if VC couldnt use his work directly, his ideas were definatly the direction they needed to head. i was hoping the site went down because VC contacted him about using his work( just me hoping).
Old 04-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #40
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
IMO the guys at 2K should have bought the rights to the XFL. I think it would have been great for a videogame.
This was brounght up before. I don't think they could...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »