Home

I think 2K is positioning APF 2K8 so that if they ever get the NFL License back......

This is a discussion on I think 2K is positioning APF 2K8 so that if they ever get the NFL License back...... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
I think 2K is positioning APF 2K8 so that if they ever get the NFL License back......

I think 2K is positioning APF 2K8 the way they are so that if they ever get the NFL License back they'll have two games that they can sell that are intriguing for different reasons. Think about it guys, why would 2K sports take three years to make a game only to have to throw it away when they get the NFL license back. 2K is just making smart buisness as to not let all there hard work go to waste. Remember in APF 2K8 there be things in the game which the NFL won't allow and they would have to strip all the work they did for this game out. I think all the stuff that the NFL won't allow to be in there game is what's going to make APF 2K8 so great and fun to play and different. That's why I think they are trying to position this as far away from the NFL as they can. We can then in three years have a fantasy football game to play in APF 2K8 which will be differnt from the NFL expierence and 2K can sell both games and make everyone happy. Kinda of like EA selling NFL Street and Madden or 2K seliing MLB 2K7 and The BIGS. Makes sense to you guys?

Last edited by rm217; 04-16-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2007, 01:20 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: I think 2K is positioning APF 2K8 so that if they ever get the NFL License back..

NO. NFL Street and Madden have different styles of game play. APF2k8 is supposed to have the gameplay that we have been looking for since 2k5 and the game play that SOME people want Madden to have. So no, I don't see it, unless they are going to just turn this into an arcade game. What would be the point of having an NFL game and a fictitional game with the same "realistic" style gameplay?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: I think 2K is positioning APF 2K8 so that if they ever get the NFL License back..

that thought has crossed my mind.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm217
I think 2K is positioning APF 2K8 the way they are so that if they ever get the NFL License back they'll have two games that they can sell that are intriguing for different reasons. Think about it guys, why would 2K sports take three years to make a game only to have to throw it away when they get the NFL license back. 2K is just making smart buisness as to not let all there hard work go to waste. Remember in APF 2K8 there be things in the game which the NFL won't allow and they would have to strip all the work they did for this game out. I think all the stuff that the NFL won't allow to be in there game is what's going to make APF 2K8 so great and fun to play and different. That's why I think they are trying to position this as far away from the NFL as they can. We can then in three years have a fantasy football game to play in APF 2K8 which will be differnt from the NFL expirence and 2K can sell both games and make everyone happy. Kinda of like EA selling NFL Street and Madden. Makes sense to you guys?
Unless you're implying that they are sitting on the 2k5 engine, and are making this an over the top arcade game, then it is nothing like EA selling madden and NFL street.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
NO. NFL Street and Madden have different styles of game play. APF2k8 is supposed to have the gameplay that we have been looking for since 2k5 and the game play that SOME people want Madden to have. So no, I don't see it, unless they are going to just turn this into an arcade game. What would be the point of having an NFL game and a fictitional game with the same "realistic" style gameplay?
I mean in the sense of making a profit from two different games and not wasting all there hard work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

I think if they get the license back there not going to sell both. They could easily keep APF2K8's gameplay engine and just alter eveything else to the NFL. Making both of them would cost to much unless they made no improvement to APF.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm217
I mean in the sense of making a profit from two different games and not wasting all there hard work.
It still wouldn't make sense. If they did an NFL game don't you think that game would make All Pro basically irrelevant unless they turned it into an arcade game? I don't know of any developer that takes one sport and has two simulation style games. We can take 2k as an example. They have MLB2k and this year they have The Bigs. 2k is the simulation game and The Bigs is the Arcade game. EA does the same thing with their titles. You have Madden and you have NFL Street both with different styles of play. Then you have a different kind of game altogether in Head Coach that doesn't involve playing the game at all.

Besides they are probably not going to get a shot of getting it back. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It still wouldn't make sense. If they did an NFL game don't you think that game would make All Pro basically irrelevant unless they turned it into an arcade game? I don't know of any developer that takes one sport and has two simulation style games. We can take 2k as an example. They have MLB2k and this year they have The Bigs. 2k is the simulation game and The Bigs is the Arcade game. EA does the same thing with their titles. You have Madden and you have NFL Street both with different styles of play. Then you have a different kind of game altogether in Head Coach that doesn't involve playing the game at all.

Besides they are probably not going to get a shot of getting it back. We'll have to wait and see.
You better be damn sure if APF 2K8 sells well they'll get another shot at the NFL license. You should be smart enough to at least figure that one out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »